Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

I agree SOA is not in the same league as Breaking Bad or Sopranos but what I've seen, so far through s3e3 anyway, is solid entertainment. But I do see where some of the negative comments are coming from. At first I had trouble with believability and relating to the characters. Now the thing bothering me is that it is just one bad thing after the other and the whole baby kidnapping storyline is a little lame imo. Show could use a few more feel good moments.

Did they go to Ireland yet? That was brutally bad.

I, like you, could not stop watching it though. There was something still entertaining about it

Season 3 in Ireland was meh. Season 4 got better.

Now the thing bothering me is that it is just one bad thing after the other and the whole baby kidnapping storyline is a little lame imo. Show could use a few more feel good moments.

It's interesting you mention this. I listen to a gaming podcast called Mega 64 and they were having a very similar to discussion to this, about how a lot of television has strayed so far into the "everything is terrible" genre. It's just one calamity after another after another, and their hope (on the podcast) is that we're coming to end of those shows and that soon we may get back to more balanced creativity.

In the 1980s we had this cloud of gloom overhanging all of society. We legit thought there was going to be nuclear war with the Soviet Union at any time. Reagan was all about brash talk, we heard the same thing back from the Kremlin, and overall everything was just gloomy and meh.

The entertainment of the time reflected that. LOTS of calamity movies, lots of dystopian futures, lots of scenes of destruction.

Then the 1990s hit, the Soviet Union collapsed, and everything was happy-go-lucky & more fun. Entertainment reflects life. I think we're going to continue to have calamity after calamity in movies & games until the end of the Trump era, or at least until Trump convinces everyone he's not driving us to the cliff.

In the 1980s we had this cloud of gloom overhanging all of society. We legit thought there was going to be nuclear war with the Soviet Union at any time. Reagan was all about brash talk, we heard the same thing back from the Kremlin, and overall everything was just gloomy and meh.The entertainment of the time reflected that. LOTS of calamity movies, lots of dystopian futures, lots of scenes of destruction.Then the 1990s hit, the Soviet Union collapsed, and everything was happy-go-lucky & more fun. Entertainment reflects life. I think we're going to continue to have calamity after calamity in movies & games until the end of the Trump era, or at least until Trump convinces everyone he's not driving us to the cliff.

I agree that entertainment tends to mimic society but Trump is just beginning to register in that regard. I thought the 80's were pretty upbeat but those were my college years so it was party time for me. SOA was solidly in the Obama years. The mood has been generally down since 911. We need some more of those post iron curtain years without the ensuing financial bubbles.

I just finished a documentary series on the Irish Mob and now started one on Prohibition that can be found on Netflix. The Irish Mob one was very well done except for the last episode and I'm only through episode 1 of the Prohibition one but it was very interesting. There was a lot in there that I never knew before.

I just finished a documentary series on the Irish Mob and now started one on Prohibition that can be found on Netflix. The Irish Mob one was very well done except for the last episode and I'm only through episode 1 of the Prohibition one but it was very interesting. There was a lot in there that I never knew before.

Is it named "Irish Mob"? When I googled it, I came up with "Paddy Whacked" but I can't see where Ken Burns did it.

This stuff interests me.

Is it named "Irish Mob"? When I googled it, I came up with "Paddy Whacked" but I can't see where Ken Burns did it.

This stuff interests me.

Ken Burns did the prohibition one. It's a PBS documentary.

The Irish Mob one is literally called The Irish Mob. I know there was another called Paddywhacked, but didn't watch that one.

• Fire 1