Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Edited by NUance, Yesterday, 01:44 PM.

I fixed the spoiler in your post. Don't do that!

huh? I don't get it .... please explain ... (post #1010)

No big deal. It's just that it might be best if you don't give away the ending. Some people might want to watch the movie.

btw, the Spoiler tags are just like the quote tags (same format with brackets and backslash), except with the word "spoiler" instead of "quote".

The Accountant. Pretty good movie. A big far fetched, but entertaining nonetheless. It's on HBO on-demand right now. The Ben Affleck character is basically a combination of rainman and Jason Bourne: an ultra nerdy, detail oriented accountant with a wide array of lethal fighting skills. Here are two scenes that portray both sides of his personality:

• Fire 1

The Walking Dead

Netflix still not released in season 7 but I watched it via internet streaming ...... watchseries.com or something like that. Kinda downfall for every episodes but I watched anyway.

The final episode, battle of Alexandria scene, called “The First Day of the Rest of Your Life”, was ridiculous ...... joke. In Alexandria battle, it reminds me of at least 100 Star Wars storm troopers (bad guys; "saviors" and garbage community) armed with assault weapons but completely missed the target in close range !!! And surprise cavalry (good guys) on the first attack was Shiva; tiger cat (eat a few bad guys)

walking-dead-flying-tiger.gif?w=618&h=34

Besides ruthless Negan, I can't stand Jadis character (cunning, greedy, betrayed = antagonist)

I know, pure fiction and non-animate comic book

Anyway, peek 8 season plot. New character, similar to MJ face. He finally solved horror problems by teaching synchronize dancing and the main thing; he's negotiate treaty ........ from cannibal enemies to friendly allies. The previews ......

1378043775465908.jpg

Peace. Happy endings

I've been contemplating The Accountant for some time. I just watched the most recent Bourne film on HBO Go, so it looks like this is next!

Just watched it yesterday - not a mind blowing, awesome one but ok. I wouldn't choose it over something else if you have others on your list.

The Astronaut Farmer (Netflix). Starring Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Dern, Virginia Madsen, Bruce Willis, J.K. Simmons

I always had a spacecraft freak so I watched it ... forcefully. Warner Bros screwed up big time ..... supposed to be sci-fi comedy film from the beginning to the end ala Reluctant Astronaut (Don Knotts) instead of serious plot. Total joke. Worst than Space Cowboys.

Funniest part: 1) Piece-by-piece Atlas rocket via local junkyard and pad inside wooden barn !!!! 2) First launch (abort) ....... uncontrolled horizontal long path 10 feet away from the ground :laughpound . 3) Space capsule recovery; one parachute with no retrorocket engine in solid ground landing :o .

:flush :flush :flush

I'm rewatching Deadwood, the HBO series. Just finished season 1. Pretty good TV viewing I'd say. :thumbs:

I love that show. I will now watch anything that Ian McShane is in, that co#ks#cker.

Try Pillars of the Earth if you haven't seen it yet. I believe it is only available on Starz. It's an 8 part mini series set in the 1100's. Not as good as GoT but it has that same feel. Ian is in it sans the co#ks#ckers every other word.

• Fire 2

Taking on a big Netflix project. Going to watch all of the Star Trek series and movies in chronological order. I've never before watched Enterprise, Next Generation, Voyager or Deep Space Nine. I've seen most of the movies and the original series before. It will be a lengthy ordeal. Beginning with Enterprise, I'm about S1 Ep12 so far. Wish me luck, I may die before I get through all that.

• Fire 3

Recently got hooked on TURN: Washington's Spies.

Season 1 got mixed reviews, but I'm definitely on the side that thinks it's great. I would recommend watching with subtitles though, as it can be a little confusing with all the accents and such. Season 2 got much netter reviews so I'm kind of excited to binge the sh#t out of it.

• 2 weeks later...