Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wonder how hard it is to film something like Stranger Things...Making sure that everything "looks 80's" like the cars, the clothes, the backgrounds...It has to be time consuming...or they just someone managed to raid my closet without me knowing.  

I think I read that they even use a special filter in filming so the film matches what film looked like in the 80's.  I finished season 2 last night.  It was well done.

7 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

It is funny, my kids were all over this series last year.  My wife and I didn't watch.  It wasn't until one of my friends said, "if you like the 80's you need to see it, " did I watch.  Glad I did.

Ha!  I know!  I didn't watch it at all and people kept saying it was set in the 80s and I love the 80's

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Very cool.

I loved the arcade scenes.  That really brought me back.  

Dragon's Lair really brought me back, especially when the kid gets mad and calls it overpriced. I remember being mad that it cost 2 quarters instead of the 1 quarter for all the other games. Man, how times have changed - arcades don't hardly exist except as specialty bars and games commonly cost $1.

Edited by RedDenver
  • Plus1 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I wonder how hard it is to film something like Stranger Things...Making sure that everything "looks 80's" like the cars, the clothes, the backgrounds...It has to be time consuming...or they just someone managed to raid my closet without me knowing.  

I think it's easier when you do it some place small, secluded and remote place like a Hawkins, Indiana. Difficult without question but easier to control the message.

The one scene in the most recent season that really impressed me was when they briefly went to a recognizable major city (I'll tag it in a spoiler below). They filmed the shots in such a way to avoid any recently built building. That or they just edited them out. Plus, modifying a major city street to look 30 years old is no small task.

Spoiler

Chicago

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dragon's Lair was amazing and you are right, we all complained at the cost of playing.  That game was so hard.  I think they made a short lived cartoon of it as well.

You can now watch the entire Dragon's Lair game through to the end on YouTube, and even all the death scenes.

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I always wondered that about Mad Men too....