Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finished Star Trek Enterprise and needed a break from the Sci Fi so I watched Ozark. Sort of binged the last 5 or 6 episodes today since I was sick and being useless anyway. Really good series. Reminds me of Breaking Bad with a little American Beauty tossed in. IMO it's a bit darker than BB and it took a few episodes to really draw me in. I'd highly recommend.

Trying to convince the wife and daughter to watch Stranger Things because I want to see it again and they're stuck on those darned Hallmark Christmas movies. Really getting old you guise.

Also watched Mindhunter over the long turkey day weekend. Really liked it. Sort of a Silence of the Lambs vibe with a little True Detective s1....yet fairly unique and not the typical characters.  As others have said the pacing seemed off and there were a few slogs but I liked it because you can’t really guess what’s coming next and a couple things that really catch you off guard and leave you feeling a tad strange. Definitely worth a watch.

Final episode.  Sons of Anarchy series was better than Breaking Bad IMO.  However I still can't handle "Peggy Bundy" actress as Gemma's character.  Most of the time, antagonist.  Katey Sagal will always be Mrs Bundy!   BTW, she was pretty good singer .... a few SOA background sound episodes performed by Ms. Sagal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtAOPC8Obw

Oh ....... I pictured ancient Harley Davidson rider and Husker fans chasing Riley's motorcycle. :D

Edited by Hooked on Huskers
On 11/27/2017 at 9:16 PM, sho said:

anyone watch Punisher yet?  Live up to the hype I'm hearing?

It was far better than I thought it would be. Better than Iron Fist, the second halves of Luke Cage and Daredevil S2, and better in a lot of ways than The Defenders. 

Edited by Cdog923

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It was far better than I thought it would be. Better than Iron Fist, the second halves of Luke Cage and Daredevil S2, and better in a lot of ways than The Defenders. 

Huh, guess I'm an anomaly, I actually liked all of those.  Granted S1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones were better, but I've been entertained with all of these shows.   Far more than Agents of SHIELD.

We are finishing Mindhunters before going over to Punisher.

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Punisher = Garbage.  Charles Bronson Death Wish 5.  And a lot of miscast.  Right off the bat, funny ....... demolition tool ...... sledge hammer!  Just use jackhammer; 1000 times faster at least.

9 hours ago, sho said:

Huh, guess I'm an anomaly, I actually liked all of those.  Granted S1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones were better, but I've been entertained with all of these shows.   Far more than Agents of SHIELD.

We are finishing Mindhunters before going over to Punisher.

I liked them too, but they're the weaker parts of the Marvel Netflix offerings, IMO. 

On 11/28/2017 at 9:42 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

Final episode.  Sons of Anarchy series was better than Breaking Bad IMO.  However I still can't handle "Peggy Bundy" actress as Gemma's character.  Most of the time, antagonist.  Katey Sagal will always be Mrs Bundy!   BTW, she was pretty good singer .... a few SOA background sound episodes performed by Ms. Sagal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtAOPC8Obw

Oh ....... I pictured ancient Harley Davidson rider and Husker fans chasing Riley's motorcycle. :D

You do know the purpose of the spoiler tags....don’t you? I know what happens but there might be some folks who haven’t got there yet. Not cool posting that video IMO.

Edited by Comfortably Numb
2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

You do know the purpose of the spoiler tags....don’t you? I know what happens but there might be some folks who haven’t got there yet. Not cool posting that video IMO.

Some folks ....... just don't click on SOA video.

Oh by the way, better hurry.  On January 1st 2018, NetFlix lineup will be discontinued (SOA).  And the last episode was 3 years ago.