Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Watching Shot in the Dark. It's about independent journalists competing to cover events at night in LA. They sit in their cars with police scanners and wait for accidents, shootings, crazy stuff, and then race across town to record it all and try to beat one another in selling the footage to local TV stations. It's kind of cool, I'm enjoying it.

You should watch the movie "Nightcrawler." 

• 2 weeks later...

Got another good one for ya to try on Netflix......Godless. It’s a little different take on the western genre. I really enjoyed it and it’s only 7 episodes so it moves along at a pretty good pace and won’t waste weeks of your life. There’s just a couple slow parts where it drags a bit but it keeps moving nicely towards the conclusion. Quite a few non-traditional western twists and a couple unexpected surprises. Jeff Daniels is the main bad guy and surprisingly I really liked him in that roll. I don’t think you can go wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 12/17/2017 at 6:55 PM, ScottyIce said:

Broadchurch and The Ranch are both back.

I had no idea there was a 3rd season of Broadchurch. I've already finished the newest season of The Ranch. But so excited to get back to Broadchurch once I finish The Five (just watched the first episode).

Has anyone watched Dark yet? I highly recommend it to anyone who is not averse to reading subtitles (don't waste your time on the awful English dubbing). Sort of a Stranger Things meets Broadchurch sort of show, imo. 

On 12/6/2017 at 11:42 AM, Cdog923 said:

Season 2 of The Grand Tour is out Friday on Amazon, for you car enthusiasts. Although, to be fair, the Top Gear guys stopped focusing on cars a long time ago. 

Here's hoping they get rid of "The American."  It was an absolutely awful replacement for the Stig.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:27 PM, knapplc said:

Here's hoping they get rid of "The American."  It was an absolutely awful replacement for the Stig.

They did; replaced him with a British Supercup champion named Abbie Eaton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbie_Eaton

I'm liking this season a lot more than last; it's a return to form to the good days of TG in terms of format; they still need to tone down the overacting a bit, though.