Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Anyone going to watch Altered Carbon on Netflix? Releases tomorrow.

In the future, people's consciousnesses are contained in what are called "stacks", storage devices attached to the back of a person's neck. Physical bodies are turned into what's called "sleeves", mere disposable vessels. Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), a violent mercenary, wakes up 300 years after his sleeve is killed, and he's given the choice to either spend the rest of his life in prison for his crimes, or help solve the murder of the wealthiest man in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon_(TV_series)

A couple that i tried to watch and just couldn't do were House of Cards, and Californication.

House of cards was well written, and acted, but the smarmy backstabbing and dirty dealing was sadly too close to reality really got me down . I couldn't find a character on there to root for .lol 

Californication - Every woman in California no matter how hot (or young eek) must have kinky sex with David within 5 minutes of meeting him. He still loves his ex wife but cant "have" her, his daughter is a bundle of teen angst, and drama. Rinse and repeat.  meh

Did i miss something? Worth trying again?

Finished the last episode of Godless last night.  Meh.  I liked it up through episode six, but the finale was 

Spoiler

like a spaghetti western version of a spaghetti western.  Just too far from reality to be entertaining to me.     I did like the final exchange between Roy and Frank though.  And the ending scene with Roy.  But everything up to that point was just too absurd.  

We're two episodes into Anne with an E, on Netflix. It's Anne of Green Gables, which I never read as a kid.

I think this would have a pretty limited interest group, probably not something a majority of people on this board would like. It's cute, but on the fringe of what I'm interested in.

On 1/29/2018 at 5:48 PM, Big Red 40 said:

Mindhunters was a good watch can’t wait for season 2 . Some have been mentioned but my top 6 netflix are 

1. Sons of Anarchy 

2. Breaking Bad 

3. Shameless

4. Wentworth 

5. Weeds 

6. Nurse Jackie 

if you have access to HBO streaming(I do) I’d go with Game of Thrones, Sopranos, True Blood (first 4 seasons or so ) Ballers, WestWorld etc

I’m currently watching The Leftovers, and The Killing , and The Duece depending on my mood . None of them completely have  my attention yet. 

Dexter, The Wire, 6 feet under are on the list 

Move The Wire to the top of your list. 

• Plus1 2