Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Has anyone else felt like Netflix movie wise has maybe been a little thin lately?  I'm not talking about all of the TV related contect which they seem to be loaded with.  It's just been a struggle for my gf and I to find decent movies this past month. 

oh yeah.  NetFlix used to be all the time, at least 3 times per week but now days, online internet movies ..... probably illegal.....copyright thing.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Has anyone else felt like Netflix movie wise has maybe been a little thin lately?  I'm not talking about all of the TV related contect which they seem to be loaded with.  It's just been a struggle for my gf and I to find decent movies this past month.  

A lot of the movie companies are starting to raise their prices on Netflix, which is part of the reason we've seen that flow through to the consumer. Someone posted back on page 21, I think, that some companies like Disney are pulling their movies all together. If anyone is interested in a good series, I'd recommend Dirty Money. Found the last one on Trump to be fascinating (it basically shows how he's not as rich as he's plays himself up to be and shows just truly how poor of a leader we have in office).

Edited by HuskerNBigD
  • Plus1 1

15 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Thanks for the input you guys.  I guess I never really considered the fact that some major movie distributors have pulled their catalogs.  Just seems like Netflix used to seem better at least movie selection wise.  It's all (mostly) TV related content these days it seems.

It's also why you are seeing Netflix doing more and more (Amazon and Hulu too) original content because distributors are either pulling or pricing themselves out of the market in hopes of creating their own streaming service, like Disney is doing.    Basically what's going on now is Netflix is a streaming HBO or Showtime.  

Hey @Hooked on Huskers are you able to stream those movies on your TV or are you watching on a laptop/ipad or making your TV a second monitor to your laptop?  I'm looking for a good streaming service like that, that I can use on my smart TV and not just my tablets/computers.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, NUance said:

I'll bet you'd like the Black Mirror "USS Callister" episode (season 4).  It's about a Trekky.  It stars Jessie Plemons, the guy who played the ginger Todd on Breaking Bad. 

Jessie Plemons must be blowing up a little bit. Went to the movie Game Night on Saturday and he was in that as well. He does play a pretty good creepy type. BTW Game Night was pretty funny and entertaining but you could sure wait for it to come out at Redbox. Not typically the kind of movie I'll dump $40 to see at the theatre. Didn't have a choice though, wife kicked us out of the house for the evening because she was hosting Bunko.

• Plus1 1