Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I already worry about bears every time I hike in a state that has at least 1 bear, so I probably shouldn't watch this.

But part of me wants to.

Funny that you say that because right after it was over I was like I am NOT hiking anywhere where they might be any bears even if they were miles away!  Lol

I recommend 'Nailed It'

Show basically takes a bunch of average home bakers and brings them in to make elaborate cakes (and some other things).   The obvious humor in how poorly they do in re-creating it, but also just the reaction of the judges makes it a fun 30 minute show.   Netflix just released season 1.  It's 6 episodes, about 30 minutes each.   We were near tears a few times (the pirate donut and the trump cake) from the fails.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:13 PM, Moiraine said:

I already worry about bears every time I hike in a state that has at least 1 bear, so I probably shouldn't watch this.

But part of me wants to.

Sharks are my big fear, I am pretty happy they have never made a movie about sharks attacking people.

2 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

anyone else annoyed at the number of new intriguing looking shows on Netflix, that turn out to be foreign, with subtitles?   It's a gripe for me for sure, because i don't actually WATCH much tv - I mostly listen.  Hard to do with foreign productions w/subtitles.

I'm pretty much deaf, so it doesn't really affect me. :D 

Which shows are you talking about? I might want to watch them.

On 3/19/2018 at 12:29 AM, MLB 51 said:

I'm pretty much deaf, so it doesn't really affect me. :D 

Which shows are you talking about? I might want to watch them.

OK - i just ran across one that looked intriguing- Tabula Rasa .. till I saw the stinkin' subtitles.   I wonder though ... since i usually "watch" with my glasses off as i'm falling asleep - maybe i should keep it on and through osmosis learn a foreign language.

• Plus1 1

Started up Black Mirror about a week ago.  Holy geez...I feel like I need 30 minutes in between episodes to unpack what the heck I just saw.  I skipped S1E1 because literally 5 people told me to not bother watching it.  All the episodes have been pretty good so far that I've seen.  I haven't gotten into S4 or most of S3 yet.  So far White Bear and San Junipero are top top.

Other stuff I've watched/re watched...

Master of None..super clever series by Aziz Ansari that kinda focused around relationships, modern dating, etc.  Also has a kick a$$ soundtrack.

Luther...BBC crime drama from a few years ago that stars Idris Elba (Stringer Bell for those that love The Wire)  Luther plays a police detective with psychological issues.  Really good, pretty dark stuff.

Non Netflix

It's really hard to try and get into much else as I'm also watching McMafia (pretty good so far), Designated Survivor and American Greed.  Plus HBO is going to be dropping the hammer again with Silicon Valley and the new Bill Hader show 'Barry' which looks awesome.  Also...BILLIONS IS BACKKKKKK 

• Plus1 2