Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

So i finished Wild Wild Country... I have to say that is easily one of my favorites. 

My thoughts- some light spoilers- 

Reveal hidden contents

I left it really asking a lot of questions. I dont want to spoil it for others but it really did make me think more about our legal system and how they have this giant ego and god forbid someone try to use the american constitution or laws to circumvent what they think is normal.

Not saying I agree with the Cult but it seems like they escalated when they were getting pushback for simply being "different".

Sheela is bat-S crazy... I dont think Bagwhan was as clean as he wanted people to think but Sheela was POWER HUNGRY.

Yeah, Sheela is a lying, manipulative little B. Early on I kind of felt sorry for her/them and then I figured out she would say anything to justify her actions.

2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Yeah, Sheela is a lying, manipulative little B. Early on I kind of felt sorry for her/them and then I figured out she would say anything to justify her actions.

Spoiler

Ya. I go back and forth. I think they were all crazy but the Government was out to get them before they even did anything... The city tried to play tough and so they outsmarted them and then it created this giant battle.

I get you cant just let a cult move in and do whatever they want but if they just left them be it probably wouldnt have escalated.

51 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

27 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Ya. I go back and forth. I think they were all crazy but the Government was out to get them before they even did anything... The city tried to play tough and so they outsmarted them and then it created this giant battle.

I get you cant just let a cult move in and do whatever they want but if they just left them be it probably wouldnt have escalated.

Please don't put spoilers in this thread or it'll ruin whatever shows are being suggested. (Or at least put them in a spoiler box.)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Please don't put spoilers in this thread or it'll ruin whatever shows are being suggested. (Or at least put them in a spoiler box.)

Sorry, I would’ve considered spoiler tags for my post if it was for some unknown thing rather than factual historical events which actually occurred and have been in the public domain for many many years now. :P

2 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I agree with you on a basis of principle but, in reality, I’m all for whatever and however the government and people tried to shut them down. It seems to be one of those rare exceptions to the rule. jmo

On 5/22/2018 at 4:02 PM, NUance said:

The Mindhunter serial killer Ed Kemper is pretty damn creepy.  The real life Ed Kemper is just as creepy.  Except real.  

I've watched his interviews on YouTube. It's very easy to see how this is true: "Released at the age of 21 after convincing psychiatrists he was rehabilitated, Kemper was regarded as non-threatening by his victims." So I'm not sure he's creepy except that we know what he did and he talks about it candidly.

• Plus1 1

Re-watched Full Metal Jacket last night.   I think I've seen every part of that film over the years--but in pieces, not end to end.  Really, it's like two movies spliced together.  Boot camp, and then in country.  

2 hours ago, NUance said:

Re-watched Full Metal Jacket last night.   I think I've seen every part of that film over the years--but in pieces, not end to end.  Really, it's like two movies spliced together.  Boot camp, and then in country.  

Yep, I always thought it was like two movies also. I like boot camp but can do without the in country portion.

250px-Fauda.jpg

I've been watching the "Netflix" series Fauda.  But it's painful.  The premise of the series is interesting, and the scenery and cast are simply awesome.  But the writing is pathetically childish.  There are tons of plot errors and loose ends.  The show makes the Israeli military look like a bunch of cowboys who just wing it on every mission.  And apparently when someone goes on a mission sans any sort of disguise, none of the enemy are able to recognize them when they encounter them a short time later in a different context.   If the real Israeli military operated like this they'd all be dead within a couple months.  :facepalm: