Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

What do you all consider binge watching?  Like all 12 of the episodes in a day or 2?  I could never do that.  That's why I watch several shows at once

For me, anything more than 4 hour long episodes or six 30 minute episodes is where I draw the line.  Anything more than that is total overkill for me.  I try not to watch too much TV during the spring/summer/fall and save all my TV dumping for the dark, cold winter.

2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

For me, anything more than 4 hour long episodes or six 30 minute episodes is where I draw the line.  Anything more than that is total overkill for me.  I try not to watch too much TV during the spring/summer/fall and save all my TV dumping for the dark, cold winter.

I can usually watch about 2 hour-long episodes in a row and then I'm done.  Usually at night I can make it through 1 one hour show and maybe 1 half hour show.  Anything more than that is too much

36 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

What do you all consider binge watching?  Like all 12 of the episodes in a day or 2?  I could never do that.  That's why I watch several shows at once

For me, binge watching is starting a show and watching nothing else until that show is finished. That may take a few days or more than a month.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think watching more than two episodes of a particular show in a short time frame (i.e. a few hours or part of a day) is binge watching. This closely aligns with the Merriam definition.

to watch many or all episodes of (a TV series) in rapid succession

I think the main identifiers are a) how many episodes are you watching and b) how short is the time frame you're watching them. If I'm watching a couple or several episodes a week, for several weeks, of a particular show, that would not count as binge-watching in my book. To me, that would just mean I'm watching that show.

If this is half as funny as his podcast of the same format, it'll be worth watching.

It was waaay better than all the current late night talk shows.

Norm Macdonald has a novel idea for his new Netflix show: Be entertaining.

At a time when talk-show hosts such as Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers spend more time on political jabs than jokes and interviews, Mr. Macdonald wants to offer an escape.

“The whole point is we’re just supposed to be idiots who make you forget about this horrible f—ing life, not remind you,” Mr. Macdonald said, adding that he is tired of the commentary-masked-as-comedy approach now prevalent in most talk shows . . .

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/norm-macdonalds-talk-show-plan-no-monologue-no-band-no-political-commentary-1536156160

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I would call watching more than 3 or 4 episodes back to back, per day, binge watching. I also can’t/don’t do that very often. Maybe on a dreary rainy weekend I might do that. But yeah, on a weeknight, about 2 hours is the most I can handle and even that is rare.

22 hours ago, Enhance said:

My reaction to that moment:

giphy.gif

Did you watch the scenes in the middle/end of the credits and stay for the director interview at the end of the final episode?

I did, and then I had to go google what it all meant.  I didn't see the director interview though - should I go back?  Excellent show.  I read the book, but don't have any memory of it so i really enjoyed it.

14 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I didn't see the director interview though - should I go back?

It's only a couple of minutes long but it's worth it if you have the time. They basically just talk about the mindset behind some of the decisions in the show and how hard they worked to make the viewers really feel like we earned the twist at the end.

The first episode of Mayans MC was very, very good.  I was a bit surprised at the number of F-bombs FX let them get away with.  

Couple of nods to SOA in there for good measure as well.  Overall, I think it's going to be good.  I'm not sure it's going to need as many seasons as SOA to tell the story.  Maybe 3-5.  That way they can get on with Sutter's plan of doing the 9 episode series of how the RWO's started.  And then, of course, the Abel and Thomas series.

• Plus1 1

Iron Fist season 2 is much, much, much better than Season 1. I'm 6 episodes in, and it's been great. Danny Rand has become a much better character through The Defenders and his one appearance in Luke Cage s2, and IF s2 benefits greatly from a new showrunner and one of the best fight choreographers working in the business. Also, it's only 10 episodes, so there's less padding than a typical Marvel Netflix show.

• Plus1 1