Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 9/13/2018 at 5:59 PM, JJ Husker said:
Spoiler

Huh, I never thought it got stupid. Slightly far fetched maybe but not stupid. I’ve watched it through 3 times now and it just seems to get better. Maybe try watching it again.....a little slower this time :lol:

And I’m going to back up a little and say Better Call Saul is getting much better. Finally started into season 4 a couple days ago and it is getting really good. Prior to 4 I was starting to tire of the whole Chuck storyline but now that Mike and Gus and some of the BB characters are getting more involved I like it much better. Really looking forward to them filling in the whole timeline to the beginning of B.B. Yes, they better do that by bringing Walter and Jesse into it.

Spoiler

It'll be interesting to see how much longer they can keep BCS going.  The Germans said it'll take about a year to build the vault yet we don't know how long Gus would leave the lab just sitting there unused...it could be for a while as Gus seems to be the type of guy to wait until the perfect moment to strike (his cat story illustrates that).  Still, with some overlap starting to emerge with BB and BCS, I feel like we have maybe one more season to go after this.  Heckuva run for what is essentially a prequel.

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

It'll be interesting to see how much longer they can keep BCS going. 

Spoiler

The Germans said it'll take about a year to build the vault yet we don't know how long Gus would leave the lab just sitting there unused...it could be for a while as Gus seems to be the type of guy to wait until the perfect moment to strike (his cat story illustrates that). 

Still, with some overlap starting to emerge with BB and BCS, I feel like we have maybe one more season to go after this.  Heckuva run for what is essentially a prequel.

Please use the Spoiler option.

On 9/15/2018 at 9:49 AM, Moiraine said:

Thanks to whoever mentioned Norm (Norm McDonald’s talk show). I’ve always found him kind of annoying but I saw the trailer with Drew Barrymore and it looked really good and I remembered the comment so I watched. I’m not (or wasn’t) even a huge fan of her either but it was an awesome interview. It was clear either they were friends or they’re both just really good at putting each other ar ease, or having a very small crowd is good for that, and now I think all talk shows should be this way.

Very long story short, the main reason I’m posting is they raved about Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. For some reason I always assumed I had seen it before because I have seen a lot of John Candy and Steve Martin movies, but it turns out I hadn’t. 

I loved it.  I was most looking forward to Letterman, Chevy Chase, and Michael Keaton, but I ended up liking the Drew Barrymore, Jane Fonda, and Judge Judy episodes the most.  Go figure.  The Judge Judy one was probably the least funny, but maybe the best interview.

Also, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is one of the very best comedies ever by my estimation.

• 2 weeks later...

chuckleshuffle

Amazon Studios has ordered “The Wheel of Time,” an action fantasy series based on Robert Jordan’s bestselling fantasy novels, which have sold more than 90 million copies worldwide. Rafe Judkins (“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”) adapted the material into a series and serves as showrunner.

Set in an epic world where magic exists but only women can use it, “The Wheel of Time” follows Moiraine, a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization called the “Aes Sedai,” as she embarks on a dangerous journey with five young men and women across the world. Moiraine is interested in these five “because she believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual, who prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it,” Amazon said in a statement.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/amazon-studios-the-wheel-of-time-robert-jordan-1202964895/

Inaccurate description - 3 of the most important 5 characters are men. But I suppose if you compare it to Lord of the Rings, it's "female centric." Also, men can use magic. It just causes them to go insane. And lastly, doing it from a Moiraine point of view was clearly the best choice ;) (but still a weird one considering she's a secondary character and a mysterious figure to the main characters).

On 9/18/2018 at 2:35 PM, The Dude said:

I loved it.  I was most looking forward to Letterman, Chevy Chase, and Michael Keaton, but I ended up liking the Drew Barrymore, Jane Fonda, and Judge Judy episodes the most.  Go figure.  The Judge Judy one was probably the least funny, but maybe the best interview.

Also, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is one of the very best comedies ever by my estimation.

PTA is one of the best comedies I have ever seen with such a great (sad) twist at the end.  John Candy is/was amazing and Steve Martin as the straight man worked perfectly.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Started watching Travelers on Netflix. It's about time travel. People come back from the future and try to "correct" things. I really like it so far, only about 4 episodes in. It is more like what I wanted Manifest to be but Manifest has kind of sucked so far.

We've watched Travelers before. It's pretty good from what I remember

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I tried watching Maniac on Netflix; felt like a Nyquil-induced fever dream. 

We both really liked Maniac