Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Any other Netflix fans here? I’ve been getting into watching stuff on Netflix lately. I only do the streaming, don't order the DVDs. They have tons of movies available—but only about 10% of which I’d actually want to watch. A couple decent movies I’ve seen lately: Limitless, The Troll Hunter and Trees Lounge. None of the three were *great* movies. But worth watching.

Anyway, I’d thought a thread like this would be a good place to compare notes/recommendations about stuff on Netflix.

I've found Netflix is also a good place to watch cable/TV series that are not on at a convenient time for me, or are no longer shown on TV. Also old TV series that aren’t available anyplace else. Like old episodes of Columbo (is that a movie or TV series?), Portlandia, Louie and 30 Rock. They also have the first season of Archer, which of course is mandatory to see. And Sparticus, made for TV series on Starz.

We have both instant and Blu-ray's through Netflix.

I like the instant for TV shows...purely because I can watch shows I've been wanting to see for while. I just got into watching Lost and it's nice to sit and watch them all back to back. I also caught up with Mad Men recently

They're movie selection on instant is kind of lacking. And their HD quality isn't quite HD yet, IMO.

Here's a couple movies you might like that ARE on instant, though (just going through my list):

The Red Violin

Pelada

The Way Back

The Game

The Next Three Days

Blindsight

On A Clear Day

Limitless

Sherlock (TV series....really good one too that they should be continuing shortly)

I Love You Phillip Morris

Proof of Life

Winter's Bone

Black Death

Knockaround Guys

Ip Man

The Fountain

My brother-in-law introduced me to Glee. I love stargate so I finally got into universe. Really enjoyed the prince of persia movie. Really depends on your taste.

If you enjoy drama (not necissarily chick movies) then I really liked Grey Owl but I'm a HUGE Pierce Brosnan fan...

Been wanting to check out the Sherlock Holmes that BennyChico mentioned above.

Honestly it's mostly for the kids as I don't buy cable (other than sports and now movies I don't watch it) so I love all the selection...

Party Down

Arrested Development (I had never seen it before)

The League

ThanksKilling (It had a $3500 budget, a hilariously awful B-movie)

I've been watching some stand-up on there too. I recommend Bill Burr's "Let it go" It was really fitting for me and my friends. Russell Peters is good too. As well as Jim Gaffigan if you've never seen him.

This is a mix and match, some shows some movies. I like all this stuff, your mileage may vary. And is currently all availible for instant play.

Terriers

Kick Ass

Men Who Stare at Goats

Archer

The Machinist

Big Trouble in Little China

Dollhouse

Sports Night

Battlestar Galactica(the new series, not the one with Dirk Benedict)

Futurama

Burn Notice

I can offer longer thoughts on them if someone asks.

Several movies/series mentioned that I’ve been thinking about watching. And some I’ ve not even heard of. Like Party Down, Knockaround Guys, and Alice's Restaurant. I’m not familiar with these. Have to give them a look.

Party Down

The League

I've been watching some stand-up on there too. I recommend Bill Burr's "Let it go" It was really fitting for me and my friends. Russell Peters is good too. As well as Jim Gaffigan if you've never seen him.

I had never heard of Party Down until I got Netflix, easily one of the funniest shows I have ever watched.

Party Down

The League

I had never heard of Party Down until I got Netflix, easily one of the funniest shows I have ever watched.

Hell yes! I was really getting into, but having only two seasons was a real bummer. They're making a movie for next year though!