Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

12 Monkeys

While I was watching it, I was trying to figure out what drug I had to be on for it to make sense and be interesting.

Maybe a little Big Bud would help. If they sell it down where you are.

It's funny how different people's tastes are in movies. I know some people who don't care for Twelve Monkeys. But it's one of my favorite movies. Same with Big Lebowski. :lol:

So I watched all the episodes of Firefly over the past few weeks and last night I watched Serenity. Now I'm at a complete loss on what to do with myself. 14 episodes and movie were not enough. I feel like that was enough to really get into it, but now I feel so empty since it's over :(

Never watched Serenity. I haven't started on the 3rd season of Arrested Development either. These are the things I think that keep me going. Knowing that, technically, there is still more 'Firefly' and more 'Arrested' to watch. Even if it means I have to never watch them. :P

So I watched all the episodes of Firefly over the past few weeks and last night I watched Serenity. Now I'm at a complete loss on what to do with myself. 14 episodes and movie were not enough. I feel like that was enough to really get into it, but now I feel so empty since it's over :(

Never watched Serenity. I haven't started on the 3rd season of Arrested Development either. These are the things I think that keep me going. Knowing that, technically, there is still more 'Firefly' and more 'Arrested' to watch. Even if it means I have to never watch them. :P

Yeah, I watched Firefly followed by Serenity. A great way to view the series. Although I was sad that it ended with Serenity. Truly a great movie. After that I watched the TV series Dollhouse, another series by the Firefly/Serenity creator Joss Whedon. Not nearly as good as Firefly though, imho.

Lately I've been getting into documentaries. Netflix has a LOT of great documentaries. Watched WWII in color first. Now I'm in the middle of viewing The Revolution about America's Revolutionary War.

• 2 weeks later...

i just heard netflix streaming is airing 30 for 30?

my netflix staples are 'american dad' and 'frasier'. then i like interesting stuff like 'mythbusters' or 'dirty jobs'. also, the 90's 'spiderman' and 'x-men' are a great bit of nostalgia. i almost only use netflix for television series.

Breaking Bad

They have all the seasons up now, except of course the first 3 of this season. Great show.

One of my favorite all time shows. At this point, people should probably just wait for season 5 to end if you haven't gotten into it yet. 'Cause if you find it as engrossing as I did, you'll watch them all in a matter of days and then hate having to wait until season 5 ends to watch the rest. Top five all time show for me, certainly for dramas, and probably makes the cut for all genres. Give it a while. It gets better and better and better and by season 4, the storyline is woven together perfectly. Cranston earned the accolades he has for this show for a reason. His rendition of a very complicated character is truly exceptional.

The Ken Burns documentary on the American Civil War is fascinating. Highly recommended for any history enthusiasts. There is also a deal on the Dark Ages and the Plague that is really interesting too. Can you imagine being alive during the Black Death? You get crazy stats, but the number around the middle seems to be about 1/3 of Europe's total population, dead. And not just seizing up. Boils, agony. Good lord...what a friggin nightmare that would have been.

Welcome to the club. I was depressed for about a week after I finished it for the first time

Netflix just added ESPN's 30 for 30 docs

i just heard netflix streaming is airing 30 for 30?

my netflix staples are 'american dad' and 'frasier'. then i like interesting stuff like 'mythbusters' or 'dirty jobs'. also, the 90's 'spiderman' and 'x-men' are a great bit of nostalgia. i almost only use netflix for television series.

Yeah. Can't wait to watch some of the 30 for 30 episodes I missed. And rewatch some of the ones I liked. The episode on Marcus Dupree was especially good. :thumbs: