Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Wanted to watch a western last night. I looked through Netflix's whole list of westerns. Sort of slim pickins in westerns. I've seen everything that might be good. (I've seen both versions of True Grit two or three times each.) Ended up watching McLintock!. An old 1960s western comedy with John Wayne. It was okay. But it was no True Grit.

/ btw, the young farmer in the McIntock! who ends up marrying McIntock's daughter is actually John Wayne's son in real life, Patrick Wayne. I didn't know that before.

Wanted to watch a western last night. I looked through Netflix's whole list of westerns. Sort of slim pickins in westerns. I've seen everything that might be good. (I've seen both versions of True Grit two or three times each.) Ended up watching McLintock!. An old 1960s western comedy with John Wayne. It was okay. But it was no True Grit.

/ btw, the young farmer in the McIntock! who ends up marrying McIntock's daughter is actually John Wayne's son in real life, Patrick Wayne. I didn't know that before.

El Dorado is a good western as is The man that shot Liberty Valance...If you haven't watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, do, it is a good show.

El Dorado is a good western as is The man that shot Liberty Valance...If you haven't watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, do, it is a good show.

Yeah, I should re-watch both of those. Especially Liberty Valance. It's one of the greatest westerns of all time.

Watched the movie Passion Play with Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox. Surprisingly, it was a decent flick. A total sleeper movie. I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention this movie, let alone heard of anyone who has watched it.

/Megan Fox is a total hottie. In case anyone didn't notice. :lol:

Give Bernie and Amatuers (jeff Bridges) a shot on Netflix. Both films are pretty cool. Jack Black might be up for an oscar in Bernie.

Jack Black got the shaft. My wife and I watched Bernie last weekend and we both really liked it. I've always thought Black was a little annoying but he was perfect for that role.

I watched "Exit Through the Gift Shop" on Saturday night. It's a film by Banksy, the street artist. The film is about this French guy who is obsessed with street art and how it turns him into his own street "artist." I'd recommend it if in you're into that kind of stuff or just looking for something out of your usual interests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_Through_the_Gift_Shop

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587707/

• Fire 1

I watched "Exit Through the Gift Shop" on Saturday night. It's a film by Banksy, the street artist. The film is about this French guy who is obsessed with street art and how it turns him into his own street "artist." I'd recommend it if in you're into that kind of stuff or just looking for something out of your usual interests.

http://en.wikipedia....h_the_Gift_Shop

Ha ha! I'd heard of "Exit Through the Gift Shop". But always thought it was about Disney World. Seriously, I did. I think I heard somebody make a Disney joke about that title when it first came out.

On a different note, welcome to the 1k club, GSG!! I saw you were close and gave you a boost. :lol:

• Fire 1

I really wish i had loads of free time. I do have lots, and use a lot of it on my PS3 or Netflix but i still wish i had more to power through what i want to accomplish. First off, i never really had full appreciation of Netflix until my roommates introduced me to few T.V series that i had never really watched. I don't really watch movies on it, unless there is a decent one that i haven't seen, but it is excellent for T.V shows. So without further adu this is what i have watched and or need to finish.

Friday Night Lights: Seasons 1-5, 76 episodes, 43 minutes per episode

Finished seasons 1-3, 50 episodes, Approx 33.8 Hours

Need to finish seasons 4-5, 26 episodes, Approx 18.6 Hours or .775 Days

How I Met Your Mother: Seasons 1-7, 160 episodes, 22 minutes per episode

Finished seasons 1-3, 64 episodes, Approx 23.5 Hours

Need to finish seasons 4-7, 96 episodes, Approx 35.2 Hours or 1.5 Days

The Office: Seasons 1-8, 169 episodes, 22 minutes per episode

Need to finish seasons 1-8, 169 episodes, Approx 62 Hours or 2.6 Days

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Seasons 1-7, 83 episodes, 22 minutes per episode

Need to finish seasons 1-7, 83 episodes, Approx 30.4 Hours or 1.25 Days

Lost: Seasons 1-6, 125 episodes, 43 minutes per episode

Need to finish seasons 1-6, 125 episodes, Approx 89.6 Hours or 3.7 Days

CSI Miami: Seasons 1-10, 238 episodes, 43 minutes per episode

Need to finish seasons 1-10, 238 episodes, Approx 170.6 Hours or 7 Days

That is my goal so far is to somehow get through all of this. If anyone would have any info or recommendations, i am considering Weeds, Parks and Rec, Prison Break, Storage Wars, or Trailer park boys.

I have already completed the entire seasons of Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, Pawn Stars, The League, Workaholics, Family Guy, South Park, and Futurama.

Wow there is way too much sh#t on Netflix and not enough time.

Not sure if Weeds has any new episodes out as i dont have showtime. I can say that seasons up to 5 were good. A little slow at the beginning but gets better and better as it goes. Roommates and I found it ondemand in college a few years back and watched 5 seasons at an hour an episode in a little over 2 weeks.

http://en.wikipedia....h_the_Gift_Shop

Ha ha! I'd heard of "Exit Through the Gift Shop". But always thought it was about Disney World. Seriously, I did. I think I heard somebody make a Disney joke about that title when it first came out.

There actually is a part in the movie where Banksy and this French guy go to Disneyland and Banksy sets up an art piece beyond a fence near one of the rides. Security grabs the French dude but he deletes all of the pictures and Banksy escaped the park after changing his clothes in the bathroom.

On a different note, welcome to the 1k club, GSG!! I saw you were close and gave you a boost. :lol:

Sweet! Thanks bro! I'm not sure where the last 5 came from in the past couple of hours, but I'll take it!

Sweet! Thanks bro! I'm not sure where the last 5 came from in the past couple of hours, but I'll take it!

Ha ha! I gave five to random GSG posts. People will probably look at them and think, why would someone +1 *that* post? :lol:

Not Netflix related, but does anyone watch The Newsroom on HBO?

I think Newsroom would be good. But I haven't seen it because I canceled HBO a couple years back. Mostly because I'm a little pissed at HBO right now. Seems like when I get interested in a series they pull the plug. Like Deadwood. That was an AWESOME series. Before it mysteriously, prematurely disappeared. At least most of the other HBO series I liked ran for a few years before they pulled the plug.

Not Netflix related, but does anyone watch The Newsroom on HBO?

I think Newsroom would be good. But I haven't seen it because I canceled HBO a couple years back. Mostly because I'm a little pissed at HBO right now. Seems like when I get interested in a series they pull the plug. Like Deadwood. That was an AWESOME series. Before it mysteriously, prematurely disappeared. At least most of the other HBO series I liked ran for a few years before they pulled the plug.

Or Carnivale :(

Haven't read the whole thread but I just started watching the West Wing for the first time. Really enjoying it so far.

You might take a look at the documentaries. Netflix has a ton of Ken Burns documentaries. :thumbs: