• You cannot reply to this topic
884 replies to this topic

#51 Omaha-Husker

Head Coach

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Surprised no one's mentioned Memento yet. Its Christopher Nolan (Inception and the Dark Knight director for all you movie noobs out there) its absolutely fantastic.

Watch Following if you haven't yet. That one really shows of Nolan's true directing chops.

#52 Stu

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

I'm watching WWE's Top 50 OMG Moments

I'm kinda drunk too :lol:

That's funny because when I'm alone and drunk (often), i resort to WWE stuff, that's a great highlight reel.
"Successful people are lucky, just ask a failure" - The Ultimate Warrior

#53 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Watched the movie "Twelve" last night. Pretty good flick. Maybe an 8/10 or so.

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#54 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,490 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

I've been watching "Monty Python's Flying Circus" the past few days. It's pretty funny.

I also watched a couple episodes of "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Basically this guy (Darren McGavin, the dad from A Christmas Story) is a Chicago newspaper reporter who investigates mysterious crimes with unlikely causes, particularly ones law enforcement authorities won't pursue. Often these crimes involve some element of the supernatural or science fiction, such as fantastical creatures. http://en.wikipedia....e_Night_Stalker

They only did one season of 20 episodes. Then they tried to bring it back in 2005 under the name "The Night Stalker"

It doesn't take itself too seriously, which I tend to like. Kinda funny at times. More of a "on in the background" type of show.

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#55 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

I've been watching "Monty Python's Flying Circus" the past few days. It's pretty funny.

I also watched a couple episodes of "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Basically this guy (Darren McGavin, the dad from A Christmas Story) is a Chicago newspaper reporter who investigates mysterious crimes with unlikely causes, particularly ones law enforcement authorities won't pursue. Often these crimes involve some element of the supernatural or science fiction, such as fantastical creatures. http://en.wikipedia....e_Night_Stalker

They only did one season of 20 episodes. Then they tried to bring it back in 2005 under the name "The Night Stalker"

It doesn't take itself too seriously, which I tend to like. Kinda funny at times. More of a "on in the background" type of show.

Yeah, I watched a few of both of those shows. I just happened across "The Night Stalker". I don't understand how that show--which is pretty good--got canceled after a handful of episodes. But a show like with no entertainment value (for me anyway) like "Golden Girls" was on for many years.

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

#56 Cactusboy

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Any other Netflix fans here? I’ve been getting into watching stuff on Netflix lately. I only do the streaming, don't order the DVDs. They have tons of movies available—but only about 10% of which I’d actually want to watch. A couple decent movies I’ve seen lately: Limitless, The Troll Hunter and Trees Lounge. None of the three were *great* movies. But worth watching.

Anyway, I’d thought a thread like this would be a good place to compare notes/recommendations about stuff on Netflix.

I saw Trees Lounge in college...it was worth watching. Steve Buscemi's first movie he wrote and directed. Limitless was good.

#57 Cactusboy

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Just saw this last night. It was good, but probably not for everyone.

Produced by Ridley Scott

#58 darkhorse85

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

If you havern't seen it before, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is hilarious. David Cross kills it.
The D.E.N.N.I.S. System

D - Demonstrate value
E - Engage physically
N - Nurturing dependence
N - Neglect emotionally
I - Inspire hope
S - Separate entirely

#59 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 14,816 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

I started watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix a little over a month ago and I couldn't stop watching. I watched all 3 seasons in a matter of weeks.

The season finale of season 3 was the sh#t. I ended up buying season 4 on Amazon Instant Video. Well worth the 18 dollars. It's probably the best show on TV. Would be even better if it was on a premium channel instead of FX.
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#60 Hoosker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

If you havern't seen it before, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is hilarious. David Cross kills it.

That's been on my recommended shows for a while now. Haven't gotten into it yet, but I've heard good things.

Is he anything like Tobias from Arrested Development?

#61 killer cacti

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Currently viewing Jackass 3

#62 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

That's been on my recommended shows for a while now. Haven't gotten into it yet, but I've heard good things.

Just finished the first episode. Good stuff! It is pretty funny. Too bad they only made one season. :lol:

#63 Omaha-Husker

Head Coach

• Members2
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Just finished the first episode. Good stuff! It is pretty funny. Too bad they only made one season. :lol:

The 2nd season just ended actually.

#64 Hoosker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

The 2nd season just ended actually.

Oh my Lord that was hysterical. One episode in and I'm loving it.

Anything with David Cross, Will Arnett, London, energy drinks, and awkward uncensored humor is bound to make me laugh.

Definitely going to be keeping up with this show!

#65 Hoosker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

I don't know how many British comedy fans there are on this board, but I'm definitely one of them.

I've always been a big Monty Python freak.

Has anyone else watched "Spaced"? It stars Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) as well as his chubby friend who appears in the same films.
It's a goofy, fast paced sitcom made from 99-01. Again, not for everyone, but if you're into British humor, then you ought to give the show a try.

#66 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:04 PM

Funny you should mention Troll Hunter, I watched that the other week and really enjoyed it. I've also tried Firefly which I found surprisingly good considering I don't usually like science fiction.

I've watched all the Sons of Anarchy stuff I can find and all the American Gangster and Gangland episodes...also saw the new Tron on there...not too bad.

#teamdexel

#67 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, I thought Troll Hunter was pretty good. Haven't seen Firefly yet.

Another one worth watching is Kenny v. Spenny. A series about two jackasses who try to out-do each other in bizarre contests. The episode about "who can stay tied to a goat the longest" is one I'd recommend.

#68 MLB 51

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Funny you should mention Troll Hunter, I watched that the other week and really enjoyed it. I've also tried Firefly which I found surprisingly good considering I don't usually like science fiction.

I've watched all the Sons of Anarchy stuff I can find and all the American Gangster and Gangland episodes...also saw the new Tron on there...not too bad.

Never could get into S.O.A. Not a big Ron Pearlman fan.

th_dclogored.jpg1x1clear.gif1x1clear.gifHBHockey_zps3ff84fc3.png 

download-icon.png

#69 Hoosker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

If you like stand up, I recommend you watch Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale if you haven't already. He is hysterical!

#70 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Watched "Michael Collins" tonight, another Starz movie. Good flick. I'd recommend it. Based on a true story.

Starz is pulling its content from Netflix on 2/29.

#71 Yeffy

Scout Team

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

Watching Futurama right now :D easily my favorite TV show
Posted Image

#72 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

I LIKE the sound of that! (says the Fry of HB)

Maybe you should watch Archer if you haven't seen it. The only cartoon on now that comes close to Futurama. :lol:

#73 Hoosker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

I LIKE the sound of that! (says the Fry of HB)

Maybe you should watch Archer if you haven't seen it. The only cartoon on now that comes close to Futurama. :lol:

You bite your tongue.

#74 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 14,816 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm on a Futurama kick right now, myself. I put off watching them because I figured I saw most of the older ones when they aired, but I've watched several episodes in a row from season 2 that I've never seen. Noticed they had new episodes up on Netflix, and I've probably never seen any of those. After I'm done with those I'll probably start Archer.
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#75 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,490 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

I remember watching Ren & Stimpy as a kid, but then I stumbled across "Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon"

Apparently these were episodes that were done for SpikeTV after the show was done on Nickelodeon.

It's pretty weird stuff. There's a lot of "Ren and Stimpy are gay" jokes in there. Even some cartoon breasts in one episode lol

EAT THE RICH

#76 redout22

Legend

• Members
  • 14,565 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hey Arnold!!
Posted Image

#77 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,490 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hey Arnold!!

Arnold is Stewie's biological father

EAT THE RICH

#78 Atbone95

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Dazed and Confused... if you don't find it funny, you don't have a sense of humor.

#79 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Dazed and Confused... if you don't find it funny, you don't have a sense of humor.

Posted Image

I'm gonna have to re-watch that sometime. A classic! :thumbs:

#80 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Season 2 of Archer is on the Netflix now. :thumbs:

#81 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

Been watching the TV series Lilyhammer about a U.S. gangster transplanted to Norway. LINK

It's like a mashup of The Sopranos and Fargo.

#82 True2tRA

Wizard of Osborne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Ip Man and Ip Man 2.......if you don't mind reading.

9s9gVOO.gifM9uDK8K.gifxfJjXao.gifF47DudV.gif

cwWFiFO.gifICZgzLw.gifInRKoiB.gifbQYDYfy.gif

#83 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Legend

• Members
  • 15,841 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

As has been mentioned, Christopher Nolan has a number of old films available on Netflix. They are all really, really enjoyable in my eyes. I loved Memento something fierce, have watched it three times over the last 3 months. This guy is a once-in-a-lifetime talent in the director's chair.

"I’d rather f------ work at McDonald’s than work with some of those guys. Not that there is anything bad about working at McDonald’s.” - Bo Pelini

#84 ADS

Legend

• Members
  • 13,769 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Watched a movie called "Troll Hunter" yesterday on Netflix, pretty weird movie. But, it was still fun to watch and it was actually kind of funny at the sametime it was trying to be a horror movie.
O2Z2aGv.png

#85 Hoosker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

Posted Image

#86 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,490 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image

That's tight butthole right there!

EAT THE RICH

#87 ADS

Legend

• Members
  • 13,769 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Posted Image

They need to get the second season on streaming already.
O2Z2aGv.png

#88 Hoosker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image

Yeah they do!

I can't get enough of these guys. Plus Adam (left) is from Bellevue and his sister goes to UNL.

#89 ADS

Legend

• Members
  • 13,769 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image

Yeah they do!

I can't get enough of these guys. Plus Adam (left) is from Bellevue and his sister goes to UNL.

He was at the Hour Lounge a month or so ago, but the line was so long I didn't get a chance to get in and meet him.
O2Z2aGv.png

#90 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,490 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Sounds like season 3 of Workaholics will start May 29th

EAT THE RICH

#91 CornHOLIO

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Posted Image

I'm gonna have to re-watch that sometime. A classic! :thumbs:

I liked that movie, Even bought the soundtrack, don't remember that much funny.

#92 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Posted Image

I've been watching The Black Donnellys, a one-season-and-out 2007 series about a bunch of NYC black Irish mobster punks. Only watched two episodes, but it seems like it could be pretty good.

#93 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image

Netflix just added Lights Out, a 13 episode FX series. It's a pretty great show. I saw most of them, but missed the last episode. So I'm rewatching from the start. :thumbs:

#94 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 22,901 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

The Flying Scotsman. A great, great movie. And a true story. It's like Rocky Balboa meets Breaking Away.

#95 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 14,816 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Cosmos: A Personal Voyage

Every human on the planet needs to watch this series. I'm surprised how much we knew about the universe in 1980. Carl Sagan was the man.

#96 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,490 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

I've been rewatching all the Scrubs episodes (one of my favorite shows). I also just watched season 5 of the Whitest Kids U'Know. It's pretty good.

I've also been sprinkling in some old Alfred Hitchcock episodes. Cloris Leachman was even in one.

I'm really wishing season 3 of The League would be on soon, but I'm guessing it won't be until the fall.

Netflix recommends that I watch the Curious George tv show, and right next to that is a documentary on Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. Makes sense, I guess.

EAT THE RICH

#97 Blackshirts007

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I just watched a movie called "Cherry." It's an independent about a college kid who gets to know and fall for a mom who is in his class. The mom he likes has a 15 year old daughter who likes him. Its a really good twist for an independent and i thought it was a good story and acting

DAXDDJWKEGLXORR.20130901045431.JPG

#98 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,490 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I just watched a movie called "Cherry." It's an independent about a college kid who gets to know and fall for a mom who is in his class. The mom he likes has a 15 year old daughter who likes him. Its a really good twist for an independent and i thought it was a good story and acting

I've seen that on there a couple times, but never watched it. Is there anyone who is "known" in it?

EAT THE RICH

#99 Blackshirts007

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

I've seen that on there a couple times, but never watched it. Is there anyone who is "known" in it?

I didn't know anyone in it, and it looked pretty low budget but there were some funny parts. But also keep in mind that im 20 and could relate more to the main character who was also in college. I am very picky about the movies i watch on there because im good at starting a movie i've never heard about and then shutting it off 30 minutes later. So i looked it up and it got decent reviews so i thought i'd give it a shot, and it was pretty good imo

#100 Blackshirts007

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I didn't know anyone in it, and it looked pretty low budget but there were some funny parts. But also keep in mind that im 20 and could relate more to the main character who was also in college. I am very picky about the movies i watch on there because im good at starting a movie i've never heard about and then shutting it off 30 minutes later. So i looked it up and it got decent reviews so i thought i'd give it a shot, and it was pretty good imo

Well actually Matt Walsh, from the hangover (doctor) was the teacher, and Esai Morales was a cop who had an open relationship with the mom, Kyle Gallner was the main character but i hadn't heard of him, but he did a nice job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users