Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Haven't read the whole thread but I just started watching the West Wing for the first time. Really enjoying it so far.

You might take a look at the documentaries. Netflix has a ton of Ken Burns documentaries. :thumbs:

Yeah . . . I think I've seen all of them . . . plus I cancelled my Netflix and am now limited to Amazon Prime streaming video. (Favorites were/are Civil War, Prohibition, and The West.)

Anybody here checked out that new documentary The Imposter? I would highly suggest it. Probably the most engrossing and thrilling documentary or film ive seen in a while full of twists. Its a story that is so unbelievable it is hard to imagine that this actually happened.

Yeah, that does look pretty good. I added it to instant queue. Will watch.

Anybody here checked out that new documentary The Imposter? I would highly suggest it. Probably the most engrossing and thrilling documentary or film ive seen in a while full of twists. Its a story that is so unbelievable it is hard to imagine that this actually happened.

Yeah, that does look pretty good. I added it to instant queue. Will watch.

Watched it last night--pretty interesting. It's sad how the FBI tried to cover their own incompetence by going after the family at the end. The only person with a clue was that goofy elderly Texas PI. If it wouldn't have been for him who knows how long the charade would've gone on?

Been watching "Locked Up Abroad" lately. Drug smuggling and kidnappings, all in exotic locales. Very entertaining.

Yeah, I was looking at the description of that the other night. Haven't started watching it yet, but it looks interesting.

btw, I've been into buying and wearing classic fedoras lately. I just got back from a quick run to the office supplies store a few blocks away, and I'm still wearing my hat. It looks exactly like the one the guy is wearing in your avi pic, below. A Royal Stetson fedora, dark green felt.

original.jpg

Been watching "Locked Up Abroad" lately. Drug smuggling and kidnappings, all in exotic locales. Very entertaining.

Yeah, I was looking at the description of that the other night. Haven't started watching it yet, but it looks interesting.

btw, I've been into buying and wearing classic fedoras lately. I just got back from a quick run to the office supplies store a few blocks away, and I'm still wearing my hat. It looks exactly like the one the guy is wearing in your avi pic, below. A Royal Stetson fedora, dark green felt.

original.jpg

Oh, I would never actually wear one. Frankie Faison is my favorite character in "Coming to America" (also worth watching on Netflix).

Oh, I would never actually wear one. Frankie Faison is my favorite character in "Coming to America" (also worth watching on Netflix).

Ha ha! I didn't say *you* would wear one. (And I didn't think that was you. lol) I'm just say that I would wear a hat like that. And in fact, I'm wearing it right now as I sit at my office desk, knocking out some late Fri afternoon work, while listening to the tOSU game. GBR!

Not Netflix related, but does anyone watch The Newsroom on HBO?

I think Newsroom would be good. But I haven't seen it because I canceled HBO a couple years back. Mostly because I'm a little pissed at HBO right now. Seems like when I get interested in a series they pull the plug. Like Deadwood. That was an AWESOME series. Before it mysteriously, prematurely disappeared. At least most of the other HBO series I liked ran for a few years before they pulled the plug.

Or Carnivale :(

That show was fantastic.

• 1 month later...