Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

I've been watching "Monty Python's Flying Circus" the past few days. It's pretty funny.

I also watched a couple episodes of "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Basically this guy (Darren McGavin, the dad from A Christmas Story) is a Chicago newspaper reporter who investigates mysterious crimes with unlikely causes, particularly ones law enforcement authorities won't pursue. Often these crimes involve some element of the supernatural or science fiction, such as fantastical creatures. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolchak:_The_Night_Stalker

They only did one season of 20 episodes. Then they tried to bring it back in 2005 under the name "The Night Stalker"

It doesn't take itself too seriously, which I tend to like. Kinda funny at times. More of a "on in the background" type of show.

I've been watching "Monty Python's Flying Circus" the past few days. It's pretty funny.

I also watched a couple episodes of "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Basically this guy (Darren McGavin, the dad from A Christmas Story) is a Chicago newspaper reporter who investigates mysterious crimes with unlikely causes, particularly ones law enforcement authorities won't pursue. Often these crimes involve some element of the supernatural or science fiction, such as fantastical creatures. http://en.wikipedia....e_Night_Stalker

They only did one season of 20 episodes. Then they tried to bring it back in 2005 under the name "The Night Stalker"

It doesn't take itself too seriously, which I tend to like. Kinda funny at times. More of a "on in the background" type of show.

Yeah, I watched a few of both of those shows. I just happened across "The Night Stalker". I don't understand how that show--which is pretty good--got canceled after a handful of episodes. But a show like with no entertainment value (for me anyway) like "Golden Girls" was on for many years.

Any other Netflix fans here? I’ve been getting into watching stuff on Netflix lately. I only do the streaming, don't order the DVDs. They have tons of movies available—but only about 10% of which I’d actually want to watch. A couple decent movies I’ve seen lately: Limitless, The Troll Hunter and Trees Lounge. None of the three were *great* movies. But worth watching.

Anyway, I’d thought a thread like this would be a good place to compare notes/recommendations about stuff on Netflix.

I saw Trees Lounge in college...it was worth watching. Steve Buscemi's first movie he wrote and directed. Limitless was good.

I started watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix a little over a month ago and I couldn't stop watching. I watched all 3 seasons in a matter of weeks.

The season finale of season 3 was the sh#t. I ended up buying season 4 on Amazon Instant Video. Well worth the 18 dollars. It's probably the best show on TV. Would be even better if it was on a premium channel instead of FX.

If you havern't seen it before, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is hilarious. David Cross kills it.

That's been on my recommended shows for a while now. Haven't gotten into it yet, but I've heard good things.

Is he anything like Tobias from Arrested Development?

If you havern't seen it before, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is hilarious. David Cross kills it.

That's been on my recommended shows for a while now. Haven't gotten into it yet, but I've heard good things.

Just finished the first episode. Good stuff! It is pretty funny. Too bad they only made one season. :lol:

Just finished the first episode. Good stuff! It is pretty funny. Too bad they only made one season. :lol:

The 2nd season just ended actually.