NCAA puts Nebraska on 2-yr. probation for textbooks case

Nexus

Nexus this will have nothing to do with taking away scholarships? I figured when they put you on probation it means we are watching you a little more closely to make sure there will not be any more infractions.

You are correct. It's considered a minor infraction. No scholarships harmed.

• Fire 1

But since we're on probation, any further infractions during this time will be looked at in a harsher light.

Not sure if this has anything to do with repeat-violator status if we're busted for something big down the road. Means we shouldn't be involved in any shenanigans down the road, I guess.

Nexus this will have nothing to do with taking away scholarships? I figured when they put you on probation it means we are watching you a little more closely to make sure there will not be any more infractions.

The article states the NCAA deemed them "major" infractions, but Nebraska's efforts to investigate, self-report, and self-impose a fine lessened the penalty.

I heard Nebraska's conversation to the NCAA went something like this:

"We sitting in here and we talking about textbooks. I mean, listen, we talking about textbooks. Not paying players, not selling memorabilia for tattoos, not receiving gifts from boosters, we talking about textbooks. We talking about textbooks man, we talking about textbooks. What are we talking about? Textbooks! We talking about textbooks"

• Fire 7

The article states the NCAA deemed them "major" infractions, but Nebraska's efforts to investigate, self-report, and self-impose a fine lessened the penalty.

Correct. I should've worded it differently for clarification, but thanks for pointing it out.

"We sitting in here and we talking about textbooks. I mean, listen, we talking about textbooks. Not paying players, not selling memorabilia for tattoos, not receiving gifts from boosters, we talking about textbooks. We talking about textbooks man, we talking about textbooks. What are we talking about? Textbooks! We talking about textbooks"

KillinMeSmalls.jpg

KillinMeSmalls.jpg

Maybe this will help

KillinMeSmalls.jpg

Maybe this will help

I knew exactly what you were talking about. +1

Or it could have gone like this

"What's that? Uh, Textbooks? Don't talk about textbooks! You kidding me? Textbooks? I just hope these players can graduate!"