Join the HuskerBoard Donor Team - Discounts on Tickets and Gear!

2013 Official Adidas Sideline Coaches Polo are N from HuskerNation.com!!! Discounts for all gear for HuskerBoard Donors!!!

Mediocrity

64 replies to this topic

#1 HuskerHacker

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

I know how disappointed I am in the current husker athletic program. At best and IMO at the "very" best, the husker program is nothing more then mediocre. It seems we aren't competitive in "any" male sport and for sure none of the revenue sports. The husker's men's programs have become the laughing stock of the BIG.

Football program is extremely overrated.
Basketball program is the worst in the BIG and bottom half of Div 1
Baseball program was just swept by a team that showed what it means to compete.
Wrestling program was swept in the dual comps against the top BIG programs
and the other programs I'll admit I haven't the heart to even look.

I find myself wondering when, if ever again, will a men's husker program show us the courage and determination to win a contest against competition equal to us. Yea, we won a couple football games against equal competition but 2 wins in the football program don't go very far at overcoming this losing disease that has seemingly infested the men's programs. The display of competitive desire in our men has left a very sour disposition inside me. I've reached a point where I am losing interest fast. Very fast.. I think I'll grab my clubs or my fishing poles and return to enjoying other sporting events where my heart isn't taxed with high emotion and huge disappointment. The display of the baseball team getting swept this weekend was disgusting. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! What a way for the Silva Era to start. Yea!!!

#2 hskrpwr13

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

You new to Lincoln, Hacker? This is how life has usually been at Big Red. The athletic dept is judged based on how well the football program is doing. Its not mid-90s, but not terrible either. There were a few decent basketball seasons during the Nee era, and a couple of great baseball seasons under Van Horne, or with his team. Wresting was probably better at one time than it is now, but again, its not terrible. What am I missing? I dont remember NU being a consistent mens power in anything other than football and wrestling.

#3 Comish

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 20 February 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

I know how disappointed I am in the current husker athletic program. At best and IMO at the "very" best, the husker program is nothing more then mediocre. It seems we aren't competitive in "any" male sport and for sure none of the revenue sports. The husker's men's programs have become the laughing stock of the BIG.

Football program is extremely overrated.
Basketball program is the worst in the BIG and bottom half of Div 1
Baseball program was just swept by a team that showed what it means to compete.
Wrestling program was swept in the dual comps against the top BIG programs
and the other programs I'll admit I haven't the heart to even look.

I find myself wondering when, if ever again, will a men's husker program show us the courage and determination to win a contest against competition equal to us. Yea, we won a couple football games against equal competition but 2 wins in the football program don't go very far at overcoming this losing disease that has seemingly infested the men's programs. The display of competitive desire in our men has left a very sour disposition inside me. I've reached a point where I am losing interest fast. Very fast.. I think I'll grab my clubs or my fishing poles and return to enjoying other sporting events where my heart isn't taxed with high emotion and huge disappointment. The display of the baseball team getting swept this weekend was disgusting. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! What a way for the Silva Era to start. Yea!!!

Interesting that you label the baseball program the Silva Era..............(intentional because of the bullpen meltdown..........or do you refer to all sports by the assistants?) The buck stops at the top.

Football is decent but comparing it to the 90's is inherently fruitless because we will never see that kind of dominance again from anyone. I do believe (maybe too much kool aid?) that we are going to be a fixture in the mix at the top of the B!G soon. But we will not roll over patsies like we could in the Big 12 north without bringing it every week. (see Northwestern).

The state of the basketball program IS a disgrace and our 6-6-6 demonic recipie of changing coaches every 1/2 dozen years has yet to find us a winner. THIS is T.O.'s chance to cement his A.D. legacy with a substantial hire. He just needs to get past his friendship with Doc and DO IT!

Baseball was a hugh weekend disappointment but it's too early to write it off. I'll be very surprised if the fighting Erstads don't turn things around and be a contender to win the B!G...........altough in an admittedly weak confernence.

Wrestling is also on the rise and the move to the B!G has made it more difficult, but they are very young also and will improve.

Keep the faith............. :koolaid2:

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"
-- Steven Wright

#4 matthew_m_g

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Let's see here...going down the list...

Posted Image It's a Monday.

Posted Image There was a Nebraska loss when a win was expected over the weekend.

Posted Image HuskerHacker is overreacting and predicting Armageddon for the Nebraska athletic program in a new thread.

Ahhh, good. Business as usual. Carry on folks.
A Texas Tech fan asked me "Since Beebe is gone, will you come back to the Big XII?" I replied, "Why would we move back to the slums just because the slumlord was fired?"

#5 Joe_5700

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

HuskerHacker, you should really consider participating in a competitive sport as an adult. You can play softball, baseball (over 30 leagues), cycling, triathlons, duathlons, marathons etc. Getting mad about the results of competiitions you are not a part of is just...well stupid. I follow Huskers sports and enjoy it. I also invest much more energy on competitions that I am in control of.

#6 huskerswrkhavoc

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

You mean the baseball team isn't going to win 45 games? Consider me shocked. The team will get better, but they won't meet your expectations this year.. We're young, give em time.
Posted Image

Signature courtesy of huskerjock

#7 T_O_Bull

Wizard of Osborne

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

Did you fall asleep in the last year of the Callahan era and just now wake up? We got rid of BC and hired Bo P. and he's turning the program around.
T_O_B
G>B>R
The Captain's on Deck

#8 Count 'Bility

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,373 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

Why so bitter? Why is everything so bad all a sudden. Tell you right now, we have bigger problems on the rise.
Posted Image

#9 matthew_m_g

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

View Postaccountability, on 21 February 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Why so bitter? Why is everything so bad all a sudden. Tell you right now, we have bigger problems on the rise.

What would that be, pray tell?

I'll grant you Basketball, only because we've sunk $20 million into it with no appreciable ROI yet, but there doesn't seem to be anything else looming on the horizon.
A Texas Tech fan asked me "Since Beebe is gone, will you come back to the Big XII?" I replied, "Why would we move back to the slums just because the slumlord was fired?"

#10 Mills

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

View Postaccountability, on 21 February 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Yeah. Bed bugs.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 HuskerHacker

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

I honestly couldn't care less what others say. The University of Nebraska hasn't a single men's programs that is above mediocre. The blame has to be on the administration. It began with Pedersen and Pearlmen's hatred of Solich and our programs have never recovered. TO hasn't done anything to help. Football can't win 10 games and quite frankly, were lucky to win 9. Basketball is horrendously "BAD" and baseball is what its traditionally been. Everyone posting seems to enjoy having less then average talent and little if any motivation and desire to win.

Along with Doc's firing, the regents had better also look very closely at pearlmen and TO as the athletic department has been brutal at best since the departure of Byrne. I am so frustrated with our lack of talent that I've lost all desire to even watch a "free" video cast. Seriously, are you kidding me? 3 run blast with two outs on a predictable pitch down the center of the plate. If I didn't despise the bluejays as much as I do, I'd be jumping on their bandwagon. They at least have a competitive men's athletic program. The sker's have become the #2 in-state Div 1 uni. Give UNO a few more years and I'm sure the sker's at this rate will be the #3 program.

#12 Mills

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 09 March 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

I honestly couldn't care less what others say. The University of Nebraska hasn't a single men's programs that is above mediocre. The blame has to be on the administration. It began with Pedersen and Pearlmen's hatred of Solich and our programs have never recovered. TO hasn't done anything to help. Football can't win 10 games and quite frankly, were lucky to win 9. Basketball is horrendously "BAD" and baseball is what its traditionally been. Everyone posting seems to enjoy having less then average talent and little if any motivation and desire to win.

Along with Doc's firing, the regents had better also look very closely at pearlmen and TO as the athletic department has been brutal at best since the departure of Byrne. I am so frustrated with our lack of talent that I've lost all desire to even watch a "free" video cast. Seriously, are you kidding me? 3 run blast with two outs on a predictable pitch down the center of the plate. If I didn't despise the bluejays as much as I do, I'd be jumping on their bandwagon. They at least have a competitive men's athletic program. The sker's have become the #2 in-state Div 1 uni. Give UNO a few more years and I'm sure the sker's at this rate will be the #3 program.

f#*k off.

#13 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Come and jump right in. The water is fine! I've been dancing for 5 days straight now.
2011: Offensive Tackle 2012:Posted Image 2013:Posted Image

#14 huskerswrkhavoc

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I love how you have continued to lurk after this original post while the baseball team has gone 7-1. Now that they were losing 7-0 to Cal, you go ahead and decide you will post about the mediocrity and how you don't care. Guess what, if you don't care, no one is asking you to! Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you need to care about Husker sports, LEAVE. Feel free. It's baseball, we aren't going to win them all. Plain and simple. 2-2 would be a decent weekend, and you know that.
Posted Image

#15 HuskerHacker

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

2-2 is an average weekend at best.

seems to me that everyone (from the players, to the coaches, the administration and the fans) is Happy with average play. I'm tired of average and long for a men's program to actually boast about. I've spent well over 2K in the last 2 years supporting the uni and for what? Average? I'm tired of "average".

Edit:

As I surf this board I find myself wondering who can say they too have put 2K into the uni via games attended, concessions, memorabilia, all while trying to send 3 kids to private school. I mention this because of the few "f@ck *@F" comments I see through out the site.

I go to husker football games now and see the profanity written on T-shirts... I listen to disgusting comments made between friends at the top of one another's voice and think to myself, is this an environment I want my kids in? Simple answer "NO"

#16 Bye Bye Big XII

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 09 March 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

seems to me that everyone (from the players, to the coaches, the administration and the fans) is Happy with average play. I'm tired of average and long for a men's program to actually boast about. I've spent well over 2K in the last 2 years supporting the uni and for what? Average? I'm tired of "average".

Edit:

As I surf this board I find myself wondering who can say they too have put 2K into the uni via games attended, concessions, memorabilia, all while trying to send 3 kids to private school. I mention this because of the few "f@ck *@F" comments I see through out the site.

I go to husker football games now and see the profanity written on T-shirts... I listen to disgusting comments made between friends at the top of one another's voice and think to myself, is this an environment I want my kids in? Simple answer "NO"

Then don't send your money. If it pains you to support an "average" program which went 7-1 over the past weekend and whose football program actually won 10 games in 2 straight seasons, and whose volleyball and wrestling programs were #1 and in the Top 10 respectively, then take you $2,000 a year and shove it for all I care. The university will still be here regardless of whether or not you contribute to it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 13,048 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

^^Created by Landlord of Memorial Stadium^^

Posted Image

16 15

#18 T_O_Bull

Wizard of Osborne

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Edit:

Do you have a dictionary? Look up the defination of "average."
As for spending $2000. over two years... Chile Please! If that's all you spend, well I budget $750. per game and we always go to the Spring Game and 3-4 home games every year, so eat my dust fella you got a lot of catching up to do.
T_O_B
G>B>R
The Captain's on Deck

#19 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Let me tell ya, a lot worse goes on in private school than it does in public school. Bullying is way worse in private schools!

#20 Mills

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Edit:

Sounds like your having a bad day....

Posted Image

#21 HuskerHacker

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

we lost again!! who wouldn't have guessed. lol

again we suck!!

#22 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 09 March 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

we lost again!! who wouldn't have guessed. lol

again we suck!!

After a damn good comeback.
Posted Image

#23 bball_backer

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Edit:

Man, are you really trying to get a pissing contest started here? My guess is most will see this and ignore it, but if they did decide to join your 'contest', my guess is 2grand wouldn't be jack. Heck, I'm in my 20s and do NOT have a high paying job and I've probably dropped over 2 grand in two years.

As for your comment about the baseball team losing, they took a top 25 team to 11 innings. 9 months ago Cal was in the CWS, NU was sitting at home after not even making the CONFERENCE tourney. If that's not trending upward I don't know what is.

Posted Image

#24 huskerswrkhavoc

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hacker, go ahead, do the rest of us a favor, and leave. Take your 2-freaking-thousand dollars with you. I'm still in school full-time, and I can say I've dropped 2 grand following the athletic program over the past 2 years. Who. Cares.

Yes, we lost. After being down 7-0, scoring 4 runs in the final 2 frames to tie it at 8, and then taking it to 11. God forbid a team loses a game to a ranked team, in BASEBALL. Actually, God forbid we lose a baseball game. I mean, you were the one that said we're gonna win 50, right? Remind me how that was received? Get a clue.
Posted Image

#25 NUance

Legend

• Members
  • 14,708 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 20 February 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

I know how disappointed I am

Is that what she said?

:lol:
Posted Image Posted Image
Just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came. And the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

#26 tschu

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

lol @ a whole 2,000 dollars!

congrats, you paid for about 5 minutes of Bo's work time!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#27 tschu

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Here's an idea, how bout u dont send your kids to private school. You do know that public schools are free right? And kids learn there too!

If you do really want to put them through private school then you have no right to complain about money being tight. One of the most annoying things I ever hear people bitching about.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 HANC

Grad Assistant

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Edit:

Don't have to wonder.... I sink about 5K yearly on season tickets for fb, travel to away games and bowl games, handful of BB games, handful of Track and baseball...... Frankly, I don't disagree with everything you say... I HATE mediocre..... I am fighting that with my own HS that I coach at, but to bring up the the 2K.... well... really doesn't do much for your argument.... 2k is pretty "thin"..... except the members on the board who are actually college students and aren't employed.

Many members I know who are in the work force, and raising children ( 2 myself who play "select sports" $$$)..... typically spend at least 2K if not way more...

And, just for debate purposes.... I too HATE the profanity t-shirts, but when I was in college, yes, I owned one and wore it..... Young and dumb.... but, think I turned out ok....As a teacher and coach, just telling you that if you think that a "private" school is actually protecting your children from the examples you mentioned, you are fooling yourself !!! Obviously, you can send your family ANYWHERE you like.....that's why the USA is the best place in the World, but please don't pull the "private schools" are better than public.... in fact, the private school kids are just as likely to be the wealthy, spoiled kids who get into as much if not more trouble than public school kids... ask a teacher or professor who has taught in both settings...you may be surprised

#29 Bucky

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,581 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

To the guys that say "I payed $x (which is a lot)...why don't we win?" keep in mind that fans of schools across the country are all paying money with the same expectation and according to Forbes some 14 or so fan bases pay more than UNL so yea...there's some competition.
Literally Unbannable

#30 huskerswrkhavoc

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

It's okay. Hacker will only be here to talk after bad losses.
Posted Image

#31 HuskerHacker

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

No, Hacker won't be here only after bad losses. I'm here constantly and hoping to eat crow with the baseball team as the skers baseball program is my largest "Husker" passion.

Friday, yea.. they came back from a 7 run deficit, had all the momentum and gave it up. Regardless, they showed the heart of a champion and the toughness of a coaching staff that seems to be doing things right.

Sat, again coming from behind and this time they kept the foot on the pedal. Time will tell if we can continue with it. I'm hoping so. I'm hoping the baseball program shoves so much crow down my throat that I puke from it.

As for private school vs public school give me a break. Private schools, the all male and/or all female, all generate more national interest scholarships then public schools. They are college preparatory schools that have a much more demanding curriculum and they aren't restricted by the "no child left behind" laws that were implemented by our failed former president. Argue it if you want but consider the better "athletic" D1 school in Nebraska. Surely there isn't anyone on these boards that will say a UNL diploma holds the same prestige as a diploma from Creighton, which btw, gives the majority of its academic scholarships to "private" school students.

Do private schools have the same internal issues as the public schools? I'm sure they do. Hazing, drugs, etc.. regardless you don't hear of students walking in and shooting each other. (If memory serves, we recently had it happen in a Millard Public school and Millard is regularly called the "Top" public school system in Nebraska.) Furthermore, my family has a "teacher" history. Parents, siblings, relatives at every holiday gathering they set around the table complaining. All of them and yet, my Aunt and sister, both of whom teach at lesser paying "private" schools, rarely say anything negative. They enjoy teaching and have stayed at their schools because they don't want to deal with the issues our other family teachers complain about all the time. Say what you want about how the public school system equates to the private. Say it on public forums if you want but we all know inwardly you know the truth. Private schools do provide a better curriculum, a higher, more structured learning and much safer environment that provides our children a better chance to succeed later in life.

Edit*
As for 2K a year.. I put it at that level only because I know most of the mouthy "shut the F*@k up" type users are most likely well beyond 20 years of age and still living in mom and dad's home will sleeping in till 1 or 2 daily and doing "nothing" with their life. In honesty, I hope to spend that amount on baseball alone this year but I'm quickly becoming less and less interested in the other "mediocre" programs and I think we all know that as long as Pearlman and Osborn are leading the Athletic department, the other programs will remain "mediocre" at best.

#32 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 30,356 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 11 March 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

As for 2K a year.. I put it at that level only because I know most of the mouthy "shut the F*@k up" type users are most likely well beyond 20 years of age and still living in mom and dad's home will sleeping in till 1 or 2 daily and doing "nothing" with their life. In honesty, I hope to spend that amount on baseball alone this year but I'm quickly becoming less and less interested in the other "mediocre" programs and I think we all know that as long as Pearlman and Osborn are leading the Athletic department, the other programs will remain "mediocre" at best.

For someone as "in the know" as you proclaim to be, your worldview is actually not as sophisticated as those "still living in mom and dad's home" straw men you've created. And that's sad.

Also, for as much as you boast about the two grand you drop on the Huskers each year, failing to know that Chancellor Perlman's last name isn't spelled "Pearlman" is laughable.

Continue to carry on in the manner you've been, if it suits you, but realize that constant negativity will not be tolerated if it derails the board. And when you get flak for these diatribes, know that your own behavior in instigating these responses will be taken into consideration when we deal with them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 HuskerHacker

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

so be it.. and btw, Anderson wasn't spelled anderwatson either... i'll continue to spell perlmen as pearlman. It is intentional oh wise one.

#34 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 11 March 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

As for private school vs public school give me a break. Private schools, the all male and/or all female, all generate more national interest scholarships then public schools. They are college preparatory schools that have a much more demanding curriculum and they aren't restricted by the "no child left behind" laws that were implemented by our failed former president. Argue it if you want but consider the better "athletic" D1 school in Nebraska. Surely there isn't anyone on these boards that will say a UNL diploma holds the same prestige as a diploma from Creighton, which btw, gives the majority of its academic scholarships to "private" school students.

Do private schools have the same internal issues as the public schools? I'm sure they do. Hazing, drugs, etc.. regardless you don't hear of students walking in and shooting each other. (If memory serves, we recently had it happen in a Millard Public school and Millard is regularly called the "Top" public school system in Nebraska.) Furthermore, my family has a "teacher" history. Parents, siblings, relatives at every holiday gathering they set around the table complaining. All of them and yet, my Aunt and sister, both of whom teach at lesser paying "private" schools, rarely say anything negative. They enjoy teaching and have stayed at their schools because they don't want to deal with the issues our other family teachers complain about all the time. Say what you want about how the public school system equates to the private. Say it on public forums if you want but we all know inwardly you know the truth. Private schools do provide a better curriculum, a higher, more structured learning and much safer environment that provides our children a better chance to succeed later in life.

Edit*

I want you to send this note to the Omaha Westside principal. It will give her a nice laugh and some toilet paper to use later.

And I still live in my parents house. Im in school carrying a 3.8 GPA and coaching select 10 year old baseball, so don't act like because you donate to the University and live on your own, your superior to everyone, because I got a newsflash for you Walter Cronkite..you....aren't.

#35 HuskerHacker

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

lol, omaha westside school's is a joke... always has been, always will be and their athletics is an even larger joke. Creighton, Marion and Skutt all three are twice the school that westside is.

#36 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 11 March 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

lol, omaha westside school's is a joke... always has been, always will be and their athletics is an even larger joke. Creighton, Marion and Skutt all three are twice the school that westside is.

Really? 8 people were sent to Ivy League schools from my class alone. We had some of the highest ACT scores in the state and country. Go look at all the academic banners they have hanging from their entrance. First school in Nebraska to use laptops. Best baseball field and football field in the state. 2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

I went to private school for 9 years. Best decision ever to go to Westside. And my sister went to Skutt and my other three siblings went to Westside. No way would my parents let any of us go to Skutt after my sister went there.

#37 Mills

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostPo Belini, on 11 March 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Really? 8 people were sent to Ivy League schools from my class alone. We had some of the highest ACT scores in the state and country. Go look at all the academic banners they have hanging from their entrance. First school in Nebraska to use laptops. Best baseball field and football field in the state. 2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

Better than mine?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 HANC

Grad Assistant

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Private schools = greater athletic programs.... and typically better facilities....won't argue that...... Private schools also = recruitment at the HS level....

No surprise when you look at the State Champions in many sports, many classes, many States that their are a lot of "private schools".... The schools only let those they want "in".....people with more $$$ can afford tuitions (if they actually have to pay full).....

Teachers are NOT any better....heck, when you only accept certain kids, pretty easy to teach and coach. I will take a teacher and coach that can find a way to make a successful student/ class / team when dealing with the "real society" instead of the "chosen ones".

#39 Omaha-Husker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

27 football. 11 basketball. 11 baseball.

The amount Westside has compared to Prep is ok I guess. :P I had thought I outgrew that rivalry when I graduated, I guess you brought it back Po.

#40 bball_backer

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostHuskerHacker, on 11 March 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

so be it.. and btw, Anderson wasn't spelled anderwatson either... i'll continue to spell perlmen as pearlman. It is intentional oh wise one.

I don't get it.

Posted Image

#41 Bucky

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,581 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Gah how did this become an argument about Public v. Private schools.

In my opinion its all about what each student chooses to put in to their education.
Literally Unbannable

#42 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostOmaha-Husker, on 11 March 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

The amount Westside has compared to Prep is ok I guess. :P I had thought I outgrew that rivalry when I graduated, I guess you brought it back Po.

Prep is a great school. Not arguing that, just trying to argue that there are some great public schools out there also. But since you brought it up...Go Red! Beat Prep! :)

Mills, that is a nice field. Here is ours.
http://www.csiresult...ball-Tennis.pdf

Here is the football field.
Posted Image

Both football and baseball fields are synthetic turf.

#43 Omaha-Husker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

I really don't like how Westsides baseball field doesn't have dirt though. And yes Westside has a pretty killer field. Prep has to play at Burke instead of UNO from now on I guess :madash . Time to hit up a few of the wealthy alums to build a stadium on campus.

#44 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostOmaha-Husker, on 11 March 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

I really don't like how Westsides baseball field doesn't have dirt though. And yes Westside has a pretty killer field. Prep has to play at Burke instead of UNO from now on I guess :madash . Time to hit up a few of the wealthy alums to build a stadium on campus.

Its actually easier to slide on than the dirt. The ball bounces a little different, but overall the positives outweigh the negatives. Plus they are making a killing with college teams renting the field when their field is not playable. They did it to make sure games would never be canceled due to a wet field. I think it is able to drain 6 in. of rain an hour.

Plus when my 9 year old team played on it last year, we hit like 10 inside the park homeruns lol. Because the fences are like 365 and our bases are only 65'. I told our kids, get it over the outfielder's head and you got yourself a homerun because that thing will roll for days.

#45 Mills

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostPo Belini, on 11 March 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Prep is a great school. Not arguing that, just trying to argue that there are some great public schools out there also. But since you brought it up...Go Red! Beat Prep! :)

Posted Image

Very nice. That baseball field looks very well maintained. Not a lot of seating by the looks of it though, but then again ours is used by the college too.

#46 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostMills, on 11 March 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

Very nice. That baseball field looks very well maintained. Not a lot of seating by the looks of it though, but then again ours is used by the college too.

What field was that? I assume one in Lincoln, right?

#47 Omaha-Husker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostPo Belini, on 11 March 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

Its actually easier to slide on than the dirt. The ball bounces a little different, but overall the positives outweigh the negatives. Plus they are making a killing with college teams renting the field when their field is not playable. They did it to make sure games would never be canceled due to a wet field. I think it is able to drain 6 in. of rain an hour. Plus when my 9 year old team played on it last year, we hit like 10 inside the park homeruns lol. Because the fences are like 365 and our bases are only 65'. I told our kids, get it over the outfielder's head and you got yourself a homerun because that thing will roll for days.

I'm just a big time baseball traditionalist. It does seem really practical though, which is always a wise choice for high schools. Still one of the best in the state no matter the playing surface.

At least Prep can probably lay claim to the best basketball facility in the state.

#48 Mills

Heisman Winner

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostPo Belini, on 11 March 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

View PostMills, on 11 March 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

What field was that? I assume one in Lincoln, right?

Nope. That's Levitt Stadium in York. Hosted State in 2001. Just added a brand new bathroom/concession complex.

#49 Omaha-Husker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostMills, on 11 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Nope. That's Levitt Stadium in York. Hosted State in 2001. Just added a brand new bathroom/concession complex.

Since this thread is wayyyy off topic.

Did you guys hear Class A and B will rotate State between Werner and Haymarket in the future?

#50 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostOmaha-Husker, on 11 March 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

View PostMills, on 11 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Since this thread is wayyyy off topic.

Did you guys hear Class A and B will rotate State between Werner and Haymarket in the future?

I knew they changed it from Rosenblatt to Haymarket, but I didn't know Werner was being thrown into the mix, no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users