Mediocrity

No, Hacker won't be here only after bad losses. I'm here constantly and hoping to eat crow with the baseball team as the skers baseball program is my largest "Husker" passion.

Friday, yea.. they came back from a 7 run deficit, had all the momentum and gave it up. Regardless, they showed the heart of a champion and the toughness of a coaching staff that seems to be doing things right.

Sat, again coming from behind and this time they kept the foot on the pedal. Time will tell if we can continue with it. I'm hoping so. I'm hoping the baseball program shoves so much crow down my throat that I puke from it.

As for private school vs public school give me a break. Private schools, the all male and/or all female, all generate more national interest scholarships then public schools. They are college preparatory schools that have a much more demanding curriculum and they aren't restricted by the "no child left behind" laws that were implemented by our failed former president. Argue it if you want but consider the better "athletic" D1 school in Nebraska. Surely there isn't anyone on these boards that will say a UNL diploma holds the same prestige as a diploma from Creighton, which btw, gives the majority of its academic scholarships to "private" school students.

Do private schools have the same internal issues as the public schools? I'm sure they do. Hazing, drugs, etc.. regardless you don't hear of students walking in and shooting each other. (If memory serves, we recently had it happen in a Millard Public school and Millard is regularly called the "Top" public school system in Nebraska.) Furthermore, my family has a "teacher" history. Parents, siblings, relatives at every holiday gathering they set around the table complaining. All of them and yet, my Aunt and sister, both of whom teach at lesser paying "private" schools, rarely say anything negative. They enjoy teaching and have stayed at their schools because they don't want to deal with the issues our other family teachers complain about all the time. Say what you want about how the public school system equates to the private. Say it on public forums if you want but we all know inwardly you know the truth. Private schools do provide a better curriculum, a higher, more structured learning and much safer environment that provides our children a better chance to succeed later in life.

Edit*

As for 2K a year.. I put it at that level only because I know most of the mouthy "shut the F*@k up" type users are most likely well beyond 20 years of age and still living in mom and dad's home will sleeping in till 1 or 2 daily and doing "nothing" with their life. In honesty, I hope to spend that amount on baseball alone this year but I'm quickly becoming less and less interested in the other "mediocre" programs and I think we all know that as long as Pearlman and Osborn are leading the Athletic department, the other programs will remain "mediocre" at best.

As for 2K a year.. I put it at that level only because I know most of the mouthy "shut the F*@k up" type users are most likely well beyond 20 years of age and still living in mom and dad's home will sleeping in till 1 or 2 daily and doing "nothing" with their life. In honesty, I hope to spend that amount on baseball alone this year but I'm quickly becoming less and less interested in the other "mediocre" programs and I think we all know that as long as Pearlman and Osborn are leading the Athletic department, the other programs will remain "mediocre" at best.

For someone as "in the know" as you proclaim to be, your worldview is actually not as sophisticated as those "still living in mom and dad's home" straw men you've created. And that's sad.

Also, for as much as you boast about the two grand you drop on the Huskers each year, failing to know that Chancellor Perlman's last name isn't spelled "Pearlman" is laughable.

Continue to carry on in the manner you've been, if it suits you, but realize that constant negativity will not be tolerated if it derails the board. And when you get flak for these diatribes, know that your own behavior in instigating these responses will be taken into consideration when we deal with them.

As for private school vs public school give me a break. Private schools, the all male and/or all female, all generate more national interest scholarships then public schools. They are college preparatory schools that have a much more demanding curriculum and they aren't restricted by the "no child left behind" laws that were implemented by our failed former president. Argue it if you want but consider the better "athletic" D1 school in Nebraska. Surely there isn't anyone on these boards that will say a UNL diploma holds the same prestige as a diploma from Creighton, which btw, gives the majority of its academic scholarships to "private" school students.

Do private schools have the same internal issues as the public schools? I'm sure they do. Hazing, drugs, etc.. regardless you don't hear of students walking in and shooting each other. (If memory serves, we recently had it happen in a Millard Public school and Millard is regularly called the "Top" public school system in Nebraska.) Furthermore, my family has a "teacher" history. Parents, siblings, relatives at every holiday gathering they set around the table complaining. All of them and yet, my Aunt and sister, both of whom teach at lesser paying "private" schools, rarely say anything negative. They enjoy teaching and have stayed at their schools because they don't want to deal with the issues our other family teachers complain about all the time. Say what you want about how the public school system equates to the private. Say it on public forums if you want but we all know inwardly you know the truth. Private schools do provide a better curriculum, a higher, more structured learning and much safer environment that provides our children a better chance to succeed later in life.

Edit*

I want you to send this note to the Omaha Westside principal. It will give her a nice laugh and some toilet paper to use later.

And I still live in my parents house. Im in school carrying a 3.8 GPA and coaching select 10 year old baseball, so don't act like because you donate to the University and live on your own, your superior to everyone, because I got a newsflash for you Walter Cronkite..you....aren't.

lol, omaha westside school's is a joke... always has been, always will be and their athletics is an even larger joke. Creighton, Marion and Skutt all three are twice the school that westside is.

Really? 8 people were sent to Ivy League schools from my class alone. We had some of the highest ACT scores in the state and country. Go look at all the academic banners they have hanging from their entrance. First school in Nebraska to use laptops. Best baseball field and football field in the state. 2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

I went to private school for 9 years. Best decision ever to go to Westside. And my sister went to Skutt and my other three siblings went to Westside. No way would my parents let any of us go to Skutt after my sister went there.

Really? 8 people were sent to Ivy League schools from my class alone. We had some of the highest ACT scores in the state and country. Go look at all the academic banners they have hanging from their entrance. First school in Nebraska to use laptops. Best baseball field and football field in the state. 2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

Better than mine?

DSC1838-M.jpgDSC1836-M.jpg

Private schools = greater athletic programs.... and typically better facilities....won't argue that...... Private schools also = recruitment at the HS level....

No surprise when you look at the State Champions in many sports, many classes, many States that their are a lot of "private schools".... The schools only let those they want "in".....people with more $$$ can afford tuitions (if they actually have to pay full).....

Teachers are NOT any better....heck, when you only accept certain kids, pretty easy to teach and coach. I will take a teacher and coach that can find a way to make a successful student/ class / team when dealing with the "real society" instead of the "chosen ones".

2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

27 football. 11 basketball. 11 baseball.

The amount Westside has compared to Prep is ok I guess. :P I had thought I outgrew that rivalry when I graduated, I guess you brought it back Po.

2 football state championships. 5 baseball state championships. 1 basketball state championship. Do some research before opening your mouth.

The amount Westside has compared to Prep is ok I guess. :P I had thought I outgrew that rivalry when I graduated, I guess you brought it back Po.

Prep is a great school. Not arguing that, just trying to argue that there are some great public schools out there also. But since you brought it up...Go Red! Beat Prep! :)

Mills, that is a nice field. Here is ours.

http://www.csiresult...ball-Tennis.pdf

Here is the football field.

4303873313_ef6e19e89b.jpg

Both football and baseball fields are synthetic turf.

I really don't like how Westsides baseball field doesn't have dirt though. And yes Westside has a pretty killer field. Prep has to play at Burke instead of UNO from now on I guess :madash . Time to hit up a few of the wealthy alums to build a stadium on campus.

Its actually easier to slide on than the dirt. The ball bounces a little different, but overall the positives outweigh the negatives. Plus they are making a killing with college teams renting the field when their field is not playable. They did it to make sure games would never be canceled due to a wet field. I think it is able to drain 6 in. of rain an hour.

Plus when my 9 year old team played on it last year, we hit like 10 inside the park homeruns lol. Because the fences are like 365 and our bases are only 65'. I told our kids, get it over the outfielder's head and you got yourself a homerun because that thing will roll for days.

Prep is a great school. Not arguing that, just trying to argue that there are some great public schools out there also. But since you brought it up...Go Red! Beat Prep! :)

Mills, that is a nice field. Here is ours.

http://www.csiresult...ball-Tennis.pdf

Here is the football field.

4303873313_ef6e19e89b.jpg

Both football and baseball fields are synthetic turf.

Very nice. That baseball field looks very well maintained. Not a lot of seating by the looks of it though, but then again ours is used by the college too.