DE Joey McCrae

Nexus

Heard we offered a kid for 2012, this guy appears to be it. Rumors are that CJ made the grade and has to pass the NCAA clearing house, so they are not releasing it until he is cleared to play by the NCAA to avoid jumping the gun. Wonder if this is Peats spot to fill or someone transfering.....probably Taylor Martinez ....(insert sarcasm sign here)

Considering the loss of Williams along with future losses of Meredith, Carter and Martin after the 2012 season, we're left with no "real game" experience at DE with Ankrah being the lone exception. Development at this position will be crucial this season with young guys like Vestal, Okuyemi, Ashburn, McMullen, Moss, etc. It also makes DE a position of recruiting priority in the 2013 cycle.

Seems odd to offer a kid this late, out of no where. I hear he is trying to academically qualify late.

My guess is that the staff has finally gotten word that one of the current commits is not going to qualify or another player has left the team. My understanding is that we had two remaining schollys lef, one for CJack and one for Maher. With the likelihood of CJack making it, I can't imagine Maher not having a scholarship.

Seems odd to offer a kid this late, out of no where. I hear he is trying to academically qualify late.

My guess is that the staff has finally gotten word that one of the current commits is not going to qualify or another player has left the team. My understanding is that we had two remaining schollys lef, one for CJack and one for Maher. With the likelihood of CJack making it, I can't imagine Maher not having a scholarship.

CJ will be here for fall camp so I'm not sure what this means, BUT we do need help at DE.

I would think Spencer Long would go on scholarship. I also would think somebody will leave the program in the spring.