New Husker Football documentary - Through These Gates

Hey everyone I wanted to stop by and say thanks for the support and someone asked how the President of Northwestern interview happened. It was actually pretty cool. I was at the Northwestern game when we lost. 4th row behind the (North?) endzone. I was bummed out just like everyone else. I walked down while the Huskers were exiting and everyone was saying "we'll get 'em next time" and stuff like that and it dawned on me I had to go find Northwestern fans and see what they were saying. I think when they saw me with my husker gear and camera rig and boom mic they were a little intimidated because no one would talk to me. Then all of a sudden a big ass guy in a black suit came over to me smiling. He looked like a body guard or something. He asked me if I was trying to interview Nortwestern fans and I said yes. Hw pointed me down the hill by the nice tailgate spotted under the bridge but closer to the stadium. I ran down and I asked them if they talk on camera. Without hesitating they all said yes. Then someone leans over and goes thats the president of Northwestern. I said yeah right. Then they said he was and another guy chimed in and said I'm the president ameritas of Northwestern. They couldn't stop talking about how great we treated them and how happy they were to have us in the big 10 so we could teach other fans how to behave. The pride I felt to be a husker at the moment is indescribable. I have goosebumps right now typing this. I've been a lot of places and met a lot of people from a lot of places. I live in Los Angeles now. I can promise one thing- There is no place like Nebraska and there are no people like Nebraskans.

• Fire 2

The teaser was well received in our house. Keep it up.

How did that interview with the President of Northwestern happen?

I put the whole uncut interview with the president of Northwestern up today because people have been asking about it and also because I think it shows the meaning of Husker Pride, especially at the end when he thinks I've turned the camera off. You can watch it here:

https://vimeo.com/38460388

• Fire 3