Affordable Care Act / ObamaCare

Supreme Court Decision  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree that the Summer Solstice is 20 June. What's not to agree with? But the beginning of summer has nothing to do with the SCOTUS. The Stonehenge Court? Yes. SCOTUS? No.

You must be acting intentionally obtuse. Most of our political beliefs are different but you aren't so stupid as to think that an "until summer" answer implies that the solstice affects the court.

The current SCOTUS session ends on 30 June, so the opinion on Obamacare will likely be released before then - probably on 25 June since that is a Monday and opinions are historically released on Monday.

June 25 . . . June 25 . . . carry the two . . . by my math that would qualify as summer. Would you please double check that for me, Yos? Thanks.

I'm glad that we agree about an approximate date. I still don't know what you were arguing against with the gibberish of your previous 3 posts in this thread but I'm glad that we've reached an end point.

In this post, I am accused of acting intentionally obtuse. My dictionary suggests that means stupid.

World English Dictionary obtuse (əbˈtjuːs) — adj 1. mentally slow or emotionally insensitive 2. maths a. (of an angle) lying between 90° and 180° b. (of a triangle) having one interior angle greater than 90° 3. not sharp or pointed 4. indistinctly felt, heard, etc; dull: obtuse pain 5. (of a leaf or similar flat part) having a rounded or blunt tip

I'm expecting an apology.

In this post, I am accused of acting intentionally obtuse. My dictionary suggests that means stupid.

World English Dictionary obtuse (əbˈtjuːs) — adj 1. mentally slow or emotionally insensitive 2. maths a. (of an angle) lying between 90° and 180° b. (of a triangle) having one interior angle greater than 90° 3. not sharp or pointed 4. indistinctly felt, heard, etc; dull: obtuse pain 5. (of a leaf or similar flat part) having a rounded or blunt tip

You use the World English Dictionary? :lol:

Also . . . you do realize that knapplc (who you said had called me stupid) and I are different people, right? Also, perhaps you might peruse your World English Dictionary and read up on the differences between acting and being.

Well, then I apologize.

So, is calling someone obtuse and dim a rules violation? I've been called obtuse and dim. Just wondering. No one asked if I was pretending to be obtuse, they simply said I was.

Honestly . . . you drop barbs and personal attacks in 90% of your posts. I'm not sure that you're in a position to be whining about a rules violation. Also, if you look in the "obtuse" post that you helpfully quoted . . . you will notice the word acting. coffee5.gif

You use the World English Dictionary? :lol:

Also . . . you do realize that knapplc (who you said had called me stupid) and I are different people, right? Also, perhaps you might peruse your World English Dictionary and read up on the differences between acting and being.

What, and deprive himself of an opportunity to apply his knack for trolling? Don't be silly.

• Fire 1

to be honest, health care doesn't directly affect me

Sadly, yes, it does. You may not know it, but it does. Speaking as a guy who nearly lost his wife to cancer and did lose his mother to cancer, you do not know that it won't affect you. Both cancers came from out of the blue. Both were severe, affecting what appeared to be very healthy ladies.

You simply do not know. Don't take it for granted, man. It really, really affects you.

No, it doesn't. I don't pay for it and I have no need for it at the present time. Someday I will pay for it and have need for it, but as of right now, I don't. As such, I don't care about the debate because it has no registry for me.

You think I expected their cancers? Of course you don't expect these things. My coworker just found out they have nerve damage in their leg - they're fit, healthy, young and there are no outward signs, just a little tingling. Suddenly, everything changes.

You may be healthy now. You may be healthy for the next 40 years. Or you may find out tomorrow you have lupus. You never know. It does affect you.

to be honest, health care doesn't directly affect me

Sadly, yes, it does. You may not know it, but it does. Speaking as a guy who nearly lost his wife to cancer and did lose his mother to cancer, you do not know that it won't affect you. Both cancers came from out of the blue. Both were severe, affecting what appeared to be very healthy ladies.

You simply do not know. Don't take it for granted, man. It really, really affects you.

No, it doesn't. I don't pay for it and I have no need for it at the present time. Someday I will pay for it and have need for it, but as of right now, I don't. As such, I don't care about the debate because it has no registry for me.

You think I expected their cancers? Of course you don't expect these things. My coworker just found out they have nerve damage in their leg - they're fit, healthy, young and there are no outward signs, just a little tingling. Suddenly, everything changes.

You may be healthy now. You may be healthy for the next 40 years. Or you may find out tomorrow you have lupus. You never know. It does affect you.

The semantics of my statement are important here - I said it doesn't directly affect me, and when I said that, I meant I don't contribute to my father's plan nor have any real need for it. It's why I haven't paid attention to nor really cared about the health care debate, because on a day-to-day basis, health care does not directly affect me.

Of course I'll have need for it in the future and will eventually pay for it, but because neither of these things are true right now..

St Luke's Hospital in N Kansas City is cutting jobs to reduce their budget $9 million because of the difference in current payments for uninsured patients and the reduced ObamaCare payments for Medicare and medicaid payments.

Would you explain the bold?

Not to mention those uninsured patients are one of the things that the ACA is addressing.

Could you provide a link showing how these cuts were caused by the ACA?