49 replies to this topic

#1 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

After being shown pownetwork.org at work the other day I spent a good bit of this morning perusing it. I don't know why. Maybe out of disgust, or pitty or just because the cases are at times funny anyhow I found myself fascinated.

To any and all HB Service members, past and present. If you're anything like me you all should get a kick out of these, and be angered. A few examples;

"MSG Soup Sandwich", showed up to a family member's basic grad looking like this: and yea among so many other things that's a second award CMB and third award CIB...on an AF uniform :facepalm:
Posted Image

Another "MSG" this time from the Army apparently
Posted Image

2LT w/ Trident and a >O1 Rack.

Posted Image

This old "Colonel" tried to pass this off as his "retirement picture"
Posted Image

This guy was totally SF
Posted Image

ELS'd from Basic, now decades later he's an O6
Posted Image

Anyhow go here if you want to check them out. John Lilyea keeps a good blog of this stuff as well at This ain't Hell but you can see it from here.

#teamdexel

#2 Canttakeitanymore

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

A little off topic, I travel a lot, and in those travels, I end up with long layovers in airport bars, so inevitably I run into some of our Military personnel, as we get to talking, I ask them what they do, and about 75% of the time they claim to be some sort of Special Forces. I know its cool to say your a Seal but I find it a little odd that if you actually were a Seal you more than likely would NOT be telling some random dude in an airport bar. Any of you guys that are in or spent time in the Military have any thoughts on this, or am I just super lucky and happened to meet about a dozen of the worlds finest warriors in the the last 5 years. :dunno
"Those days are gone along with the mystique of Husker Football..." Lou Holtz November 29, 2013

#3 wildman

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

A little off topic, I travel a lot, and in those travels, I end up with long layovers in airport bars, so inevitably I run into some of our Military personnel, as we get to talking, I ask them what they do, and about 75% of the time they claim to be some sort of Special Forces. I know its cool to say your a Seal but I find it a little odd that if you actually were a Seal you more than likely would NOT be telling some random dude in an airport bar. Any of you guys that are in or spent time in the Military have any thoughts on this, or am I just super lucky and happened to meet about a dozen of the worlds finest warriors in the the last 5 years. :dunno

I'd say they were just regular soldiers trying to impress. I've actually met 2 delta force guys while I was in the army. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit it. So i'm sure the seals or any special forces soldier would be the same way.

Posted Image

#4 Canttakeitanymore

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

I'd say they were just regular soldiers trying to impress. I've actually met 2 delta force guys while I was in the army. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit it. So i'm sure the seals or any special forces soldier would be the same way.

That's what I thought. I guess its no harm to tell someone that.. Kind of like the run of strippers I met that were working on their PhD's...
"Those days are gone along with the mystique of Husker Football..." Lou Holtz November 29, 2013

#5 jsneb83

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Posted Image
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

#6 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

That's what I thought. I guess its no harm to tell someone that.. Kind of like the run of strippers I met that were working on their PhD's...

LOl, love this. I have a guy at my daughters highschool and he has all the decalls on his back window of his tahoo. Well I was walking by and noticed the special forces decall and decided to approach him and ask him what group he was in. I was just hoping we might know some of the same guys since we looked the same age. I was expecting him to say 5th group,7th group, 3rd group etc etc and i would ask how that base was doing. So I approach the tahoe and Say " hey brother how is it going? which group were you with?" I get a stunned look and this was his response to me: " I was with the special forces group in 1st cavalary division at FT hood,texas!" For any one that is not military or does not have Army knowledge of bases. Ft hood is a Mechanized base and that means they ride around in armored vehicles. The only light Infantry group they have there is a LRS team. They are light infantry and do jumps on Ft hood. There is no Green Beret group there stationed permantely. I had mercy on the guy and said " That is a rough group of Green Berets up there and I have heard they play and party hard. I also heard that if they are arrested up in Killeen they basically have a get out of jail free card." he looked at me and said " Yeah a couple of the Green Berets I served with had some fights with cops and it was squashed and none of my Green Berets buddies got into trouble!" Just a side note here. Guys that are Green Berets, I have never heard them refer to their brothers as Green Berets/lol. I was going to keep f'ing with him,but I just stopped and walked away. Every time I see that tahoo with all the decalls on the back window I just start laughing. Not even sure if he was even in the army. But damn it is pretty Funny and sad at the same time to think a person out there thinks it is cool to have a job that basically says: " You will kill and ask questions later." In fact going to see him in about 45 minutes.

#7 Muck

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

"MSG Soup Sandwich", showed up to a family member's basic grad looking like this: and yea among so many other things that's a second award CMB and third award CIB...on an AF uniform :facepalm:
Posted Image

Lesbian?

#8 husker_99

Assistant Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I thought this was going to be about the Aggies at Texas A&M. :lol:

#9 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I thought this was going to be about the Aggies at Texas A&M. :lol:

Husker 99. I would love to do some aggie military jokes,but this guy got his Masters from Texas Am. Kind of hard to rip on an aggie that was responsible for putting Karhizi into power in Afghanistan.

#10 wildman

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image
The more I look at this photo the more I think either he bought those awards to look cool. Or the airforce gives out awards like they are boyscouts. He looks way to young to have earned all of them. I've seen Sargent Majors have about 1/4th the amount of the awards he's displaying.
Posted Image
This guy looks like someone you'd see at a reserve or national guard unit. No i'm not putting them down at all. Just the way they wear the uniform you can usually tell.

Posted Image

#11 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

The more I look at this photo the more I think either he bought those awards to look cool. Or the airforce gives out awards like they are boyscouts. He looks way to young to have earned all of them. I've seen Sargent Majors have about 1/4th the amount of the awards he's displaying.
Posted Image
This guy looks like someone you'd see at a reserve or national guard unit. No i'm not putting them down at all. Just the way they wear the uniform you can usually tell.

Both of them are confirmed frauds...the lower one was claiming to be an MP at some kind of event and was caught.

Posted ImagePosted Image

http://www.alaskadis...iam-james-clark
http://www.pownetwor.../phonies689.htm

The other guy is just a PX Ranger buying anything shiny and bright.

#teamdexel

#12 NUance

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

You could make an argument that this fellow probly belongs in the thread:

Posted Image

Just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came. And the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

#13 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

No

#teamdexel

#14 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

No

YES YOU COULD I almost bet that was one of only a few days that he showed up after training. daddy kept giving him profiles so he did not have to show up.

#15 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

A little off topic, I travel a lot, and ad ain those travels, I end up with long layovers in airport bars, so inevitably I run into some of our Military personnel, as we get to talking, I ask them what they do, and about 75% of the time they claim to be some sort of Special Forces. I know its cool to say your a Seal but I find it a little odd that if you actually were a Seal you more than likely would NOT be telling some random dude in an airport bar. Any of you guys that are in or spent time in the Military have any thoughts on this, or am I just super lucky and happened to meet about a dozen of the worlds finest warriors in the the last 5 years. :dunno

I have had a similar experience, in my short time working in a Brigade S1 shop I saw a seniors orb where he had a few assignments to such units. I asked a buddy about it and he told me that he'd asked the guy about it once and was almost choked out...the people that have actually done stuff don't tend to brag about it.

#teamdexel

#16 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

No

YES YOU COULD I almost bet that was one of only a few days that he showed up after training. daddy kept giving him profiles so he did not have to show up.

Still no, he still actually was in the guard....not a poser

#teamdexel

#17 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#teamdexel

#18 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

No

Yeah Bucky I cannot argue with you on that

#19 HuskerfaninOkieland

Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Posted Image

IIRC, this guy is/was actually a Senior Airman (E-4) in the Air Force. His step-son complained that he was being picked on by the TI's in Basic so SrA Schmucka-nuts decided to be Billy-Bad Ass and show up looking like this. There are two other pictures out there of him. One showing him holding a Green Beret (because he claimed he worked with SpecOps) and the other showing him wearing desert combat boots with his Blues bloused (certain Air Force Special Tactics units can blouse their blues but they wear highly polished black jump boots). Personally, I think what gave it away was his tie was crooked.

EDIT: Never noticed it before but he's wearing a bronze star on his Jump Wings which denotes a Combat Jump. But I still think it was his tie that gave him away

EDIT EDIT: Found this on him: His name is Nickolas Androsky and he's a former Airman 1st Class who served as a C-130 loadmaster at Pope AFB No. Carolina. The airman was court-martialed in 2003 for drug use. Percoset, mushrooms, nitrous oxide, and huffing shoe polish. That's much of the reason he looks like an idiot. Because he is.
"hey guys this is apublic cervice announcrymny.

i came in kinda late and chose to watch aome tevlision. a someone left a box of htese chewy chips ahoy on thetable near the table near the television. i never had one before so i had a cookie now i did. i did ant realize that i was keept keating them. like i had no clue. it was all ofer shocked when i realized i had finished a holy sleeve. they snook up on me. htey are not even that tastya but they have a lat of calories and fats so it is hardly even wort it. anywa i hope this helps becuause i feel the real sh#t abot this.';

manhats"

Manhattan
15 Sept 2010
02:29 AM
Posted Image

#20 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

IIRC, this guy is/was actually a Senior Airman (E-4) in the Air Force. His step-son complained that he was being picked on by the TI's in Basic so SrA Schmucka-nuts decided to be Billy-Bad Ass and show up looking like this. There are two other pictures out there of him. One showing him holding a Green Beret (because he claimed he worked with SpecOps) and the other showing him wearing desert combat boots with his Blues bloused (certain Air Force Special Tactics units can blouse their blues but they wear highly polished black jump boots). Personally, I think what gave it away was his tie was crooked.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I agree though Okie, the tie was what broke it for him ;)

#teamdexel

#21 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

EDIT: Never noticed it before but he's wearing a bronze star on his Jump Wings which denotes a Combat Jump. But I still think it was his tie that gave him away

How do you have a son in basic trainging and only a E-4? That is pretty impossible, unless he joined at 36 and he had his son at 16? not saying it could not happen,but damn that guy was pretty f'ing stupid to try that stunt

#22 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

How do you have a son in basic trainging and only a E-4? That is pretty impossible, unless he joined at 36 and he had his son at 16? not saying it could not happen,but damn that guy was pretty f'ing stupid to try that stunt

From this ain't hell: Someone at the RTB sent me these pictures with a story about how this guy showed up for his son’s stepfather’s graduation from basic training at Fort Benning dressed like this. According to our source, the MPs escorted his monkey ass off post;

#teamdexel

#23 NUance

Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

No

Posted Image

Okay. But since he's no longer in the guard here, I guess he's definitely a poser. Right?

Just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came. And the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

#24 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

This guy left the Marine Corps as an E-2
Posted Image

No record of this man ever serving in the Navy
Posted Image

...and then there's this guy

Posted Image

#teamdexel

#25 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

Okay. But since he's no longer in the guard here, I guess he's definitely a poser. Right?

Posted Image

Is Rumsfeld a phonie for wearing a Stetson he was given? I don't think so. When you're that high in the chain of command certain liberties are given...you know like getting to wear a flight suit when you're flying.

#teamdexel

#26 NUance

Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is Rumsfeld a phonie for wearing a Stetson he was given? I don't think so. When you're that high in the chain of command certain liberties are given...you know like getting to wear a flight suit when you're flying.

Posted Image

Cheney could make a better argument than either of those other posers. Since he actually shot a guy in the face with a shotgun and all.

#27 Canttakeitanymore

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheney could make a better argument than either of those other posers. Since he actually shot a guy in the face with a shotgun and all.

and got the guy to apologize for getting in the way...

#28 NUance

Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

^^ lulz :lol:

#29 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dont get me started on Rumsfield. He TOTALLY f'd ODA 574 i think 2 days after they had infiltrated. Not a poser,but a mother fu&*#r FOR WHAT HE DID. HE with General Mattis can go f#*k THEMSELVES FOR THEIR ACTIONS. Yes Marines I know how you look toward Mattis. But if I ever see him I will spit and make my arrest worth my wild. and it is no disrespect to Marines that served.

#30 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 30,966 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Absolutely not forgiving these guys for impersonating military personnel, or for wearing the decorations they did not earn.

But have you guys ever thought that this is, in a weird way, a really big compliment? These guys really, really respect the armed forces. So much so that they try to emulate them. Yeah, it's very wrong to accept accolades for battles you've never fought, especially when guys who have gone through hell have zero recognition, but in a bizarre way these guys may be the biggest supporters of the armed forces.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#31 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dont get me started on Rumsfield. He TOTALLY f'd ODA 574 i think 2 days after they had infiltrated. Not a poser,but a mother fu&*#r FOR WHAT HE DID. HE with General Mattis can go f#*k THEMSELVES FOR THEIR ACTIONS. Yes Marines I know how you look toward Mattis. But if I ever see him I will spit and make my arrest worth my wild. and it is no disrespect to Marines that served.

I wouldn't know anything about that, I'd just like to stay focused on stolen valor. Rumsfeld and Bush discussions could fill up threads of their own.

#teamdexel

#32 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wouldn't know anything about that, I'd just like to stay focused on stolen valor. Rumsfeld and Bush discussions could fill up threads of their own.

yeah lay it down. i agree. Now in 3 hours after I finish a bottle of wine I might just blast rumsfield and General Mattis. Not worried about Mattis it is public record and he had never refuted it. But if I get drunk enough and blast Rumsfield and you hear about a suicide in Austin,texas. Know this I did not just die/lol like brietbart or the dc madam that killed herself. LOL guys calm down just palying around.

#33 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Absolutely not forgiving these guys for impersonating military personnel, or for wearing the decorations they did not earn.

But have you guys ever thought that this is, in a weird way, a really big compliment? These guys really, really respect the armed forces. So much so that they try to emulate them. Yeah, it's very wrong to accept accolades for battles you've never fought, especially when guys who have gone through hell have zero recognition, but in a bizarre way these guys may be the biggest supporters of the armed forces.

I know you're not apologizing for their actions...but a compliment? Maybe, but these guys have actually shown zero respect, at least not to the Service Members themselves. Awards and decorations are meant to recognize/reward achievement, sacrifice and action.

Take the Bronze Star for example AR 600-8-22. para 3-14 states that the BSM may be awarded to any person who while serving in the Army of the United States "distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service,not involving participation in aerial flight, in connection with military operations against an armed enemy; or while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party." Now when Douchebag John Doe orders one from ebay and hangs it up in a shadowbox on his office wall he's claiming that heroism and it dilutes and diminishes the heroism of Joe Snuffy who earned it. Its absolutely wrong and John Doe should go to prison for it. I consider myself a pretty rational guy but part of me just can bear to reason with this...to me its not freedom of speech. I can accept some hippie burning a flag because I can see how, even though its a horrible disgusting act, its still speech. To me this is just insulting and fraudulent.

These guys have no respect for the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines who have earned these awards through their service. Like this Soldier.

It's the same problem I have with Captains and Majors who get BSM's for deployments to Arifjan but it is what it is..

Posted Image

It's just like diploma mills but far far worse.

#teamdexel

#34 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 30,966 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

If they had no respect they wouldn't dress up as soldiers.

Rather, they have no understanding of the gravity of what they're doing. It's not a respect issue on their end. It's an understanding issue. Or a "stupid" issue, if you like that definition better.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#35 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

If they had no respect they wouldn't dress up as soldiers.

Rather, they have no understanding of the gravity of what they're doing. It's not a respect issue on their end. It's an understanding issue. Or a "stupid" issue, if you like that definition better.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on that one. Ignorantia non excusat...they don't get a pass simply because they're stupid. It's a disrespectful act no matter what their intention.

#teamdexel

#36 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 30,966 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

I agree, which is why I led off with "Absolutely not forgiving these guys for impersonating military personnel..."

I'm not offering excuses for their actions. Just possible explanations.

Whatever the reason, they're in the wrong. No doubt about that.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#37 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

I agree, which is why I led off with "Absolutely not forgiving these guys for impersonating military personnel..."

I agree that you know, sometimes things aren't meant to be disrespectful. If you take them in the proper context you can see why they would maybe say something others find disrespectful but they weren't meant that way...if you know what I mean....or sometimes environmental factors drive someone to say something....yea you know what I mean...

#teamdexel

#38 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 30,966 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

I know what you mean.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#39 HuskerfaninOkieland

Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

There is no possible explanation other than they are trying to cash in on the rewards others have earned. As a military member myself, I have no respect whatsoever for people who perpetuate being a highly decorated member of the Armed Forces. All gave some, some gave all. Others are posers

i came in kinda late and chose to watch aome tevlision. a someone left a box of htese chewy chips ahoy on thetable near the table near the television. i never had one before so i had a cookie now i did. i did ant realize that i was keept keating them. like i had no clue. it was all ofer shocked when i realized i had finished a holy sleeve. they snook up on me. htey are not even that tastya but they have a lat of calories and fats so it is hardly even wort it. anywa i hope this helps becuause i feel the real sh#t abot this.';

manhats"

Manhattan
15 Sept 2010
Posted Image

#40 Muck

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Coach says Tiger obsessed with SEALs

.../snip/...

Haney writes in the book that he tried to convince Woods — whose father, Earl, was a special forces soldier in Vietnam — not to go on secret training exercises with the SEALs, but that Woods was obsessed with joining the Navy’s elite fighting unit.

When he told Woods that SEALs can't be older than 28, hoping to show him that it was a pie-in-the-sky ambition, he writes, Woods responded: "It's not a problem. They're making a special age exemption for me."

"I thought, 'Wow. Here is Tiger Woods, the greatest athlete on the planet, maybe the greatest athlete ever, right in the middle of his prime, basically ready to leave it all behind for a military life.'

“The only thing that probably rivals it in sports history is Michael Jordan leaving basketball to play minor-league baseball. Although Tiger ultimately didn’t enlist, the lengths he went to to make a SEALs career a real possibility still stun me."

.../cont/...

Probably being a little bit hard on Tiger by putting this here but the "They're making a special exemption for me" bit sets off the warning bells.

#41 MLB 51

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,232 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

There is no possible explanation other than they are trying to cash in on the rewards others have earned. As a military member myself, I have no respect whatsoever for people who perpetuate being a highly decorated member of the Armed Forces. All gave some, some gave all. Others are posers

I agree. I served and if want to honor U.S. soldiers. Wear a shirt saying you support the armed forces. Don't try playing dress up to impress people.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

I couldn't wear my old uniform even if I still had it from 40 years ago :)
I was a USAF weapons mechanic no spec ops or nuthin'

GBR

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.

http://www.huskerboard.com/hboard-donors.htm">Posted Image

Support the Board!

Posted Image

HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help

#43 ZRod

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

I used to read the socnet.com forums a lot, just wanted to educate myself from the people who had been there done that, nothing but respect for them. But anyways they used to have a section dedicated to busting these people. I can't find any of the old threads, but they were some pretty entertaining material. These guys mean buisness when they come after you and they will find you. It was really something to see. 9 times outta 10 it's just some clutzo that wants to get chicks. And with a forum full of these active/reserve/veterans they are easily busted when someone asks them about so and so, or something mission or base specific. I've always admired those that wear the uniform and wish I had it in me to do what they do, but I would never want to tarnish the sacrifices of those who have put the uniform on and given it all for the rest of us.

#44 akita

Blackshirt

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

I used to read the socnet.com forums a lot, just wanted to educate myself from the people who had been there done that, nothing but respect for them. But anyways they used to have a section dedicated to busting these people. I can't find any of the old threads, but they were some pretty entertaining material. These guys mean buisness when they come after you and they will find you. It was really something to see. 9 times outta 10 it's just some clutzo that wants to get chicks. And with a forum full of these active/reserve/veterans they are easily busted when someone asks them about so and so, or something mission or base specific. I've always admired those that wear the uniform and wish I had it in me to do what they do, but I would never want to tarnish the sacrifices of those who have put the uniform on and given it all for the rest of us.

Hey ZROD never feel guilty about not serving. There is a saying among the guys I went to combat with. " I wish I had never met you!" In other words lots of problems later on in life and memories that are hysterical and horrifying at the same time. It looks all glamorous,but when it is real well what can I say.

#45 ZRod

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hey ZROD never feel guilty about not serving. There is a saying among the guys I went to combat with. " I wish I had never met you!" In other words lots of problems later on in life and memories that are hysterical and horrifying at the same time. It looks all glamorous,but when it is real well what can I say.

I don't feel guilty it's just more of a regret, actually more a "what if" type thing. Both my grandfathers served in WWII and my dad enlisted because of the draft so I was always drawn towards the idea. But being a 260 pound linemen and I never knowing what I wanted to do I just went to college, and meet a lot of good friends that were in ROTC/or served/ were serving. I could still enlist though, going on 24 I would probably be old balls in basic, but I'd have to get in shape and motivate myself to even consider it. Not to mention my girl would probably have a heart attack worring about me as much as she already does, and that's probably my biggest deterrent right now.

#46 AFhusker

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

As still being active duty AF, that guy (or whatever it is) is full of sh#t. It looks like he grabbed two other people's ribbon racks then added several lines on their own above them. There is no way in hell a MSgt (E-7) would walk into anywhere looking like that becasue they would get laughed out of the room after they got their asses chewed for looking like that. Not to mention the five duty badges that he has on below his racks. He would have to cross train into four different jobs just to get all of those. And the only two that are allowed to be worn below the ribbons are the missile badge and the security forces badge, in which none of those are.

#47 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I couldn't wear my old uniform even if I still had it from 40 years ago :)
I was a USAF weapons mechanic no spec ops or nuthin'

GBR

I don't remember what brought my Father to say it, surely I had said something disrespectful or unintelligent, but it will always stick with me...he said more or less that there's no shame in working, no matter what the job. That's why I don't ridicule the guy who picks up garbage or cleans out Port-a-johns. Working is a GOOD thing.

The same thing applies to Military Service in my mind. I'm in HR, no Ranger tab... no bad ass skill badges but I still have pride in my service as should you. Infantrymen and all those hooah guys...they deserve all the respect that they get and that's why they get the blue cords and their colorful berets...so we know, but there's no shame in not having them.

I have more respect for a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic than I do for your run-of-the-mill civilian and much more than I do for some Infantryman that lies and puts a Purple Heart on his blues...

#teamdexel

#48 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,814 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

As still being active duty AF, that guy (or whatever it is) is full of sh#t. It looks like he grabbed two other people's ribbon racks then added several lines on their own above them. There is no way in hell a MSgt (E-7) would walk into anywhere looking like that becasue they would get laughed out of the room after they got their asses chewed for looking like that. Not to mention the five duty badges that he has on below his racks. He would have to cross train into four different jobs just to get all of those. And the only two that are allowed to be worn below the ribbons are the missile badge and the security forces badge, in which none of those are.

There's so much wrong with that guy...

Correct me if I'm wrong but if a Soldier goes from green to blue I was under the impression that he couldn't take his combat badges along with him...they become AFCAMs. Even if he could wear them, they're in the completely wrong place.

Nevermind that the rack is ridiculous. That's about as many awards as a 3/4 people would get in a 20 year career. Not to mention their order and what he decided to throw on there...what do I see..
Silver Star
BSMx2?
PH
PUC & JMUA (on the wrong side)
AFCAM
Air Medal
NATO Kosovo ribbon
NATO Medal
What looks like the UN ribbon
And a F**king Antartica Service ribbon...among many many others.

Guys is full of sh....

#teamdexel

#49 HuskerfaninOkieland

Legend

• Members
  • 13,892 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Actually, I know a prior CCT guy who was Force Recon in a previous life. He was allowed to wear 4 badges (2 above the ribbons, scuba bubble below the ribbons and his gold jump wings from the Marines under his name tag) BDU/ABU, we're limited to 3 badges (2 above the AF tape and 1 below). CCT/PJ, TACP typically wear jump wings then HALO wings above, and scuba bubble below.

manhats"

Manhattan
15 Sept 2010
Posted Image

#50 rawhide

Team HuskerBoard

• Mods
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Didn't mean to make it sound like my post was negative. Had some great times and met some fantastic people being fresh outa the hay fields of Nebraska. :D

All in all a good experience cept for the peaceniks :) but then I protested the war prior to getting my draft number and enlisting.

GBR

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.

http://www.huskerboard.com/hboard-donors.htm">Posted Image

Support the Board!

Posted Image

HuskerNation.com is operated by Huskerboard - sales help pay our high hosting costs to keep the board 100% free. We appreciate your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users