UNO Baseball Pawns Creighton and Iowa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How many years before UNO can go to the NCAA tourney??

Their games don't count . They don't have a home field with enough seats to meet NCAA guidelines. That is why they are traveling and taking on anybody that will play them.

They don't count as DI competition for other schools playing them because they're in their first transition year, and they couldn't get many to agree to come play on their field this year. A couple of their games this year were played at Werner, and if they could build a decent fanbase for baseball, I think that would be a great solution for them for a home field, if they could get the logistics worked out with the Stormchasers to make it economically viable to be there. But I've never heard anything about their field not meeting NCAA guidelines, and I've been following the transition pretty closely. They'll have a regular conference schedule for all sports next year, including baseball, with all the accompanying home games that go with it, and right now, they haven't announced a different home field than Boys Town.