Jake Wimer SIGNED LOI

2014 Commits

C Jakson Reetz

RHP Byron Hood

RHP Zack Engelken

RHP Garett King

RHP Reece Eddins

LHP Jake McSteen

C Ryan Miller JUCO (San Bernadino Valley College)

RHP Chance Sinclair JUCO (Neosho County CC)

Nice find Chuck, I'll call my friend whose son plays with him at Mounds View. Should know sometime tonight.

Found this from his Select Club site:

http://www.blizzardelitebaseball.com/

Seems he's a very athletic LHP with a fast ball that has been clocked at 90 mph. He is currently leading the team in rbi's and according to my friend's son, is well liked and respected. Did say he has kind of an ego though but what HS D1 player doesn't? Now to find 3 more like him. :)

• 3 months later...

Went to Nebraska city tonight to watch the district game between neb city and Hickman/Norris because my team gets to play the winner. Watched Byron and Jackson as the battery for Hickman and I was very impressed. Byron was hitting low 90's late in the game and Jackson was very quick behind the plate with a cannon attached to his right shoulder. Needless to say I get the privilege to take the mound against these kids tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I see why they were one of the top teams in high school baseball this year, the lineup was pretty stacked from top to bottom. Just hope I can have a half way decent showing tomorrow.

Huskerhacker had a nice recruiting list in an earlier thread, here's a couple that you could add...

The rivals 2013 recruit list:

INF Wes Edrington Hamilton, Indiana, Hamilton Southeastern 5'11" 170

C Beau Fandel Stacy, Minnesota, Forest Lake 6'0" 190

+1

Added to first post.

Went to Nebraska city tonight to watch the district game between neb city and Hickman/Norris because my team gets to play the winner. Watched Byron and Jackson as the battery for Hickman and I was very impressed. Byron was hitting low 90's late in the game and Jackson was very quick behind the plate with a cannon attached to his right shoulder. Needless to say I get the privilege to take the mound against these kids tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I see why they were one of the top teams in high school baseball this year, the lineup was pretty stacked from top to bottom. Just hope I can have a half way decent showing tomorrow.

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Saw today that new Husker baseball RHP recruit Josh Roeder was selected to the 1st team All-Great Lakes Summit Collegiate League. Very Nice!!! Good stats. Looks like he's picking up right where he left off at Louisburg CC in North Carolina, this time against D1 players (including other Big 10 guys). Looks like someone who can come in and help out right away. Can't wait for next season.

http://www.greatlakesleague.org/extras/awards.php?year=2012

Saw today that new Husker baseball RHP recruit Josh Roeder was selected to the 1st team All-Great Lakes Summit Collegiate League. Very Nice!!! Good stats. Looks like he's picking up right where he left off at Louisburg CC in North Carolina, this time against D1 players (including other Big 10 guys). Looks like someone who can come in and help out right away. Can't wait for next season.

http://www.greatlake...s.php?year=2012

Sweet. We need a guy that fits the closer role and it sounds like Josh will do that.

Here's a link to Josh's GLSCL player profile. Check out the ERA and SO to BB ratio! Also only 1 hit in 16 innings pitched.

http://glscl.bbstats.pointstreak.com/player.html?playerid=318685

Also, just checked out the NJCAA website (JUCO NCAA site) and found his stats at Louisburg College in NC. Had 50 SO to 8 BB. This guy throws a ton of strikes, which is awesome because we don't need to be letting guys get free passes. I think our defense will be much better in '13, as pretty much everyone is back - except Kale Kaiser & Stock, both sound D players. Hopefully Pritch will be back defensively and available in the outfield to fill the gap left by Kale. Just put it over the plate, get some K's and let the D do the rest. Offense will be even better with another year under Coach Erstadt and crew.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?category=stats&sid=7&divid=1&slid=3&collegeId=1377&teamid=128751&athleteid=361364&seasonselect=555

• 1 month later...