Spring Game Weather Forecast - Yikes

Storms aren't suppose to break through the CAP until about 6pm. Game should be over by that time, but everyone please be safe and smart on the way back and stay tuned to you local weather stations.

Gonna be 2 rounds of this. Morning showers and storms with heavy rain in the morning and around noon as the warm front moves north, then late in the afternoon and evening the real severe weather happens.

Was told growing up not to worry about a Tornado hitting Lincoln. The city sat to low and though they might go over the city, they wouldn't touch down. Is that an old wives tale? I never saw one growing up. We used to run out to York area when we heard there was a sighting, but we never seen one any where we went.

There should be another storm coming Lincoln's way soon, as its raining in Tucson now. It figures it would rain today. The Thunderbird's are here for the air show.

Hope for a good Spring game. Get to watch it later tonight on taped telecast..

GBR!!!

Was told growing up not to worry about a Tornado hitting Lincoln. The city sat to low and though they might go over the city, they wouldn't touch down. Is that an old wives tale? I never saw one growing up. We used to run out to York area when we heard there was a sighting, but we never seen one any where we went.

There should be another storm coming Lincoln's way soon, as its raining in Tucson now. It figures it would rain today. The Thunderbird's are here for the air show.

GBR!!!

A Tornado will touch down anywhere and anytime it pleases! Ask the people that used to think the mountains would keep them safe! I think anybody that beleives they are in a safe haven from a twister is just kidding themselves to try and make them feel better!

I think the Discovery Channel has a hand in making all of these recent storms to boost ratings! :ahhhhhhhh

GBR!!!

Whiled it's true that a tornado can and will strike anywhere nature chooses, it remains a bit of a phenomenon why Lincoln seems to almost always miss the most severe activity.

I have watched radar on incoming storms of all levels for 20 years and when it gets close to Lincoln, it invariably splits and goes around or simply dissipates.

What is really surprising to me is that no one seems to have done any significant meteorological studies to explain it. (or at least none that I have seen).

It would seem that this would be a prime subject for some research.

I am fully prepared to exit the game and start chasing. But just warning ya, first chase of the season for me so I am gonna be a bit rusty. I knew I should have hit up a skywarn session before I left MPLS. As I say this we are driving througha patch of cloudsdeveloping extremely low.gonna get interesting in a hurry today.

I am fully prepared to exit the game and start chasing. But just warning ya, first chase of the season for me so I am gonna be a bit rusty. I knew I should have hit up a skywarn session before I left MPLS. As I say this we are driving througha patch of cloudsdeveloping extremely low.gonna get interesting in a hurry today.

Can I go with?