Opinions on the next commit for the huskers

many of iowa states florida recruits last year were 3 stars....just seems odd that nu cannot get guys from florida, maybe the 3rd biggest recruiting area in the country.........

I would take kids from Texas, Arizona, And Cali before kids from FL. We have connections in all of those states. And we recruit them well why change it?

FL is a state we need to hit hard, not AZ...When people talk speed, they talk about FL, GA and the rest of the Southeast with the exception of TX and CA. I would rather take a 3* FL kid that has offers from the same teams as a 4* AZ kid.

Yes but the kids from the south are much more likely to go to the sec and have more advantages. Im sticking with the current spots if we can recruit Florida and get good 4* om fine with that but I dont see that happening.

I'm not so sure the "silent commit(s)" haven't either all come out public or aren't commits anymore. i.e. QB Aaron Bailey, DE Christian Lacoture, LB Courtney Love, etc. Christian could have been one of the silent commits. Aaron Bailey could have been and then backed off. Joe Mathis could also be one. As far as who commits next, I think we get somebody after Junior day in June. I predict we'll have 7-8 commits going into the fall, and will have an additional 16 spots to fill.

Not concerned at all. Ive said before i would like to pick up an OL or two before fall and that would be a great start going into fall. We are sitting pretty decent at skill positions, except TE. Would like to see 2 HS TE and a juco, with one of the 2 HS TEs able to switch positions if necessary, being more of a develop kid, since we have the numbers to take this year.

Pelini has said he wanted to be around 10 by the end of the summer. We are seeing this defense only because kids are looking at our depth at LB and DE with the opportunity to play in a Pelini defense and play early, and the smart kids are jumping on it. We have enough "develop" kids IMO, we need kids like Mcmullen and Mathis that can come in and play very early, because we are going to need them very soon, and they recognize it. Same at LB.

I will keep the thread going and guess that Nathan Gerry will be the next committ. I know quite the stretch.

I

Anyone concerned that all our commits are defense and non are offense? I wonder why we aren't landing any offensive guys at this point.

Nope. But if I had to guess its because we really need some playmakers to start early and make an impact. They offensive kids will come just give it time. It is only May but flashback to last year at this point and I was freaked out but we are leaps and bounds ahead of last year.

Not concerned at all. Ive said before i would like to pick up an OL or two before fall and that would be a great start going into fall. We are sitting pretty decent at skill positions, except TE. Would like to see 2 HS TE and a juco, with one of the 2 HS TEs able to switch positions if necessary, being more of a develop kid, since we have the numbers to take this year.

Pelini has said he wanted to be around 10 by the end of the summer. We are seeing this defense only because kids are looking at our depth at LB and DE with the opportunity to play in a Pelini defense and play early, and the smart kids are jumping on it. We have enough "develop" kids IMO, we need kids like Mcmullen and Mathis that can come in and play very early, because we are going to need them very soon, and they recognize it. Same at LB.

I will keep the thread going and guess that Nathan Gerry will be the next committ. I know quite the stretch.

Nathan Gerry is a good guess but that kid from Skyline really seems to like us add in his dad is I think a Husker fan you could get #7.

Nathan Gerry is a good guess but that kid from Skyline really seems to like us add in his dad is I think a Husker fan you could get #7.

Devante Kincade probably doesn't commit anytime soon. His offer list will blast throught the roof after the Elite 11 camp. He "won" the Texas/South sectional of that Elite 11 camp to get the invite to the big show. And he didn't just best a bunch of patsies there either. As, I believe it was da skers said in Kincade's thread, he looked and played better than Tommy Armstrong in the state finals last fall. Much like Nate Gerry this recruitment is about to get very busy.

Devante Kincade?

Yes. I dont think we have offered him yet but look for that to change. Beck really likes this kid.

Devante Kincade probably doesn't commit anytime soon. His offer list will blast throught the roof after the Elite 11 camp. He "won" the Texas/South sectional of that Elite 11 camp to get the invite to the big show. And he didn't just best a bunch of patsies there either. As, I believe it was da skers said in Kincade's thread, he looked and played better than Tommy Armstrong in the state finals last fall. Much like Nate Gerry this recruitment is about to get very busy.

Add Jerel Morrow to that bottom list.

Add Jerel Morrow to that bottom list.

Morrow's recruitment will take off, but not near the level of Kincade's and Gerry's. Kincade plays a glory position of high demand, and schools take notice when you are "dubbed" one of the 11 best out there. Gerry has the frame, speed and skillset that make recruiters drool over the possibilities of where he could play.

I bet that Hart (TE) commits next. As you say there is a need for TE and he's visiting this weekend and we are his best offer. I was hoping Gerry would of committed right away but understand if he goes through the process. Hopefully he becomes a Husker. I think the Nebraska culture fits him.

It would be nice to get a QB to commit as that gets the ball rolling on other offensive recruits in a lot of cases.

I bet that Hart (TE) commits next. As you say there is a need for TE and he's visiting this weekend and we are his best offer. I was hoping Gerry would of committed right away but understand if he goes through the process. Hopefully he becomes a Husker. I think the Nebraska culture fits him.

It would be nice to get a QB to commit as that gets the ball rolling on other offensive recruits in a lot of cases.

We sure need a couple TEs thats for sure hopefully he sees he can play early to.

I don't get this line of thinking that we should get someone because we are their best offer. If this were the case, Alabama and LSU would get 40+ commits and all the best players. I very rarely see a kid committing to a school because they were his best offer.