Nebraska 2nd Junior day

thats 4 we will probably get around 8 or so. I would love to see 10 or more kids but I dont see that happening. Oh well, we will take what we can get. there will be a good chance at getting some more commitments at that time. hopefully we will have around 10 commitments by the end of june

Five now.Ten more kids would be great I think there is a great chance to get some of these kids. Im going to say our best odds for a commitment are Zach Hannon keep in mind Mike Rose will be on campus and they went to the same high school and were great friends.

I like the fact that our coaches are still searching nationwide for the best recruits. Although it would seem Ohio is fast becoming a second Nebraska for us. We still are offering kids from the border states....Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Colorado while trying to open up states like Penn and NJ. Calif continues to get lots of Husker attention as well.

Anthony Jennings is trying to set up a visit for Big Red Weekend. Nothing is set yet though.

Also, Jerel Morrow is visiting the 11th... a few days before, he was invited to Big Red but wants to visit before with his mom.

Bringing Mom for her blessing to leave Kansas.

I like the fact that our coaches are still searching nationwide for the best recruits. Although it would seem Ohio is fast becoming a second Nebraska for us. We still are offering kids from the border states....Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Colorado while trying to open up states like Penn and NJ. Calif continues to get lots of Husker attention as well.

Ohio Connections run deep on our staff all the way to Pelini. We have always offered kids from all around us but I have started to see the kids from the south get more offers as well.

Anthony Jennings is trying to set up a visit for Big Red Weekend. Nothing is set yet though.

Also, Jerel Morrow is visiting the 11th... a few days before, he was invited to Big Red but wants to visit before with his mom.

Thats cool. It helps with Bama not trying to steal UGAs QB since they got a commit from 4 star QB Cooper Bateman yesterday. Then Georgia wont steal this guy. Hopefully he can visit the past few days the attendance has since a rise.

When is Jerel Morrow deciding? I know he is going to visit OSU, And KSU first. I really like our chances with us formely being the leader and we have a better university and weight room and better relationship with him then OSU or KSU.

we now have 6 confirmed and we have gladney and jerel morrow visiting the week before i think june will be a great month for the huskers

My question is Why were we not doing this the past 4 years under Pelini?! Why didn't we get kids on campus in the summer or host events like we are now? I am a firm believer that when you get kids on campus and let them meet players, coaches, see fans and the facilities then they are much much more likely to want to become a part of that program than if you just send them mail and talk with them on the phone. We all know that it can be hard to get kids up for officials in the fall with their football schedules, especially if we don't have many night games. Besides, there's a lot of kids who commit before season anyways, so we've already lost out on those visit opportunities.

Every year we need to have a recruiting schedule that looks like this.

1)Early Spring Junior Day - host a day for all those interested in looking at the program like we did this year.

2) Spring Practice unofficial visits - invite kids to come see them in action.

3) Spring Game - get ppl to visit.

4) Summer Invite only Junior Day - this is for elite offers only. These are the guys who are #1 and #2 on our board. Make them feel special.

5) Camp... host one for QB's, one for other position players, maybe even have a seperate defensive camp. Let them stay in the dorms, experience the campus and eat the food.

6) Fall Official Visits/unofficial visits for returning visitors, signees, or younger prospects - use weekends not only to host officials in the fall, but get younger kids to unofficially visit to get them interested early.

Maybe Els was a good pick after all. Looks like they have realized that the hard part is getting them here, once they are here its alot easier sell. I wonder what the commit percentage is per visitor, its seems pretty high. I would bet its around 50%. Im not on rivals or anything so im not in the know but it seems pretty high.

I drove to Dayton Ohio a few weeks ago and it was only 12 hrs, 8hrs to Indy. Looks like we are going after alot more kids from that area and we should be, thats not that bad of a drive at all, little furthur then Dallas. The coaches said they were trying to focus on areas that had direct flights into Omaha or Lincoln, that way recruits could just jump on a plane a be in NE in 2 hours. Connecting flights make it seem so much furthur away then it realy is.

Maybe Els was a good pick after all. Looks like they have realized that the hard part is getting them here, once they are here its alot easier sell. I wonder what the commit percentage is per visitor, its seems pretty high. I would bet its around 50%. Im not on rivals or anything so im not in the know but it seems pretty high.

I drove to Dayton Ohio a few weeks ago and it was only 12 hrs, 8hrs to Indy. Looks like we are going after alot more kids from that area and we should be, thats not that bad of a drive at all, little furthur then Dallas. The coaches said they were trying to focus on areas that had direct flights into Omaha or Lincoln, that way recruits could just jump on a plane a be in NE in 2 hours. Connecting flights make it seem so much furthur away then it realy is.

Els seems to be a great pick. Everything is organized and more time to visit the campus for recruits. I only hope we have more events like this.