OT Dan Samuelson [Michigan Commit]

i hope we can keep him.... i really hope we can keep him'

what ever happened to the 'gentlemans agreement' within the coaches

If this gentlemen's agreement existed, we wouldn't have gotten Samuelson in the first place. He was committed to Pitt. We wouldn't have gotten DJ Singleton either. Off the top of my head, I can't come up with more, but I'm sure there are more examples this year and in past years where we get a committed after they have already committed to another school.

he's talking about within the B1G. and to answer his question - Urban Meyer happened.

DJ singleton was committed to Wisconsin. I get what you're saying and the initial premise, but I personally believe all kids are fair game until they sign their LOI. that's just my opinion, tho.

The vibe that I got from this situation is that DJ reached out to Nebraska after the regime change at Wisconsin. Nebraska was recruiting him last year, and we must have been his second choice.

i hope we can keep him.... i really hope we can keep him'

what ever happened to the 'gentlemans agreement' within the coaches

If this gentlemen's agreement existed, we wouldn't have gotten Samuelson in the first place. He was committed to Pitt. We wouldn't have gotten DJ Singleton either. Off the top of my head, I can't come up with more, but I'm sure there are more examples this year and in past years where we get a committed after they have already committed to another school.

he's talking about within the B1G. and to answer his question - Urban Meyer happened.

DJ singleton was committed to Wisconsin. I get what you're saying and the initial premise, but I personally believe all kids are fair game until they sign their LOI. that's just my opinion, tho.

DJ basically decomitted from Wisconsin after Bielema left. So he was free game.

From my understanding he was still committed to Wis but said he would be looking around. Either way it doesn't matter, I'm fine with anyone recruiting anyone else's players. Casey Sayles is committed to Ohio, if we miss out on Sandland, Vandenburg, are you saying it's not fair to recruit and offer him since he is already committed? I get the whole Big Ten thing, but I don't think conference matters. It's either you believe in recruiting other committed players or you don't.

For anyone who has a subscription to 247. There is a front page article, if you could tell us what it contains.

It doesnt really say much other than he visited Michigan and he is confused as to what he wants to do. Said he was going to call the NU coaches around 5 tonight and go over his options. I think he was worried we would view him as a decommit. We wont turn him away so it will be interesting to see how it all works out. He said once he talks to the coaches tonight he will make a final decision, so there is a chance he will walk, but im thinking he sticks with us.

For anyone who has a subscription to 247. There is a front page article, if you could tell us what it contains.

It doesnt really say much other than he visited Michigan and he is confused as to what he wants to do. Said he was going to call the NU coaches around 5 tonight and go over his options. I think he was worried we would view him as a decommit. We wont turn him away so it will be interesting to see how it all works out. He said once he talks to the coaches tonight he will make a final decision, so there is a chance he will walk, but im thinking he sticks with us.

Thanks Fowler. Can always count on you.

dammmnnnn i dont want to lose this guy at all!!!!! sounds like he is looking for reasons to stay and once given those reasons will be back in the fold....time of BO to do some clean up duties here

no prob, nothing better to do when im at work for 24hrs at a time.

"All this is too much. Stressed beyond my limits. I honestly dont know what to do :(" Tweeted this last night

Take your time and make the best decision for you Dan, hope to see you in Red thou.

Hey Dan, it's pretty simple. Commit to where you want to go and quit looking around. Quit taking calls, etc. You can make it as simple and as easy as you want. Commit, stay solid, and quit overthinking it.

This from Sean Callahan:

We were finally able to catch up with somebody regarding the commitment status of Plymouth (Ind.) offensive lineman Dan Samuelson.

I had a nice conversation with Plymouth head coach John Barron and his words to me were "nothing has changed" and that Samuelson "remains a commitment to Nebraska."

"I had a nice talk with Bo Pelini yesterday and I think he's a heck of a person, a heck of a coach and he runs a heck of a program," Barron said. "I told him 'nothing has changed.' Dan is still a commit to Nebraska."

Other than that, Barron didn't want to comment anymore on things about Samuelson. He said the Samuelson family would like their privacy and that's why you haven't seen or heard anything from them the last few days. You get the impression the attention his visit to Michigan received from both the Nebraska and Michigan media has been quite overwhelming.

• Fire 3