SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

• 3 weeks later...

He had a great time, came with his Dad, hung out with JP almost the entire time and had a blast. He is a big priority for the staff, he wants to commit early and will get plenty of attention. Runs a 4.89 40 at 270...all good weight They came away VERY impressed and we are sitting very well with him. Should be a 4 star.

7_449478.jpg

• 1 month later...
“They’re a school I looked up to growing up because of the tradition and the players that have gone through there. I also love their academics,” he said. “If you put a list together of the top three programs in college football, Notre Dame would definitely be one of them. If they offered me, they’d definitely be towards the top of my list. I’m extremely interested in them.”

Talking about Notre Dame, planning on visiting them this fall.

The 6-3, 270-pound four-star recruit from Hiawatha High School has offers from Baylor, California, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Purdue, South Carolina, TCU, Tulsa and UCLA, along with interest coming from top programs across the country.

He will have an offer from everybody by the time its all said and done. We need to have a good year to help us get this kid, we cant let close talent like this slip away.

See this kid around a lot and every time he keeps getting bigger. Saw him yesterday and it almost seems as if he is trying to add a lot more weight to move to the interior of the dline. Not exactly sure why or if he even is, but he doesn't look like the same kid in that picture above anymore.

“They’re a school I looked up to growing up because of the tradition and the players that have gone through there. I also love their academics,” he said. “If you put a list together of the top three programs in college football, Notre Dame would definitely be one of them. If they offered me, they’d definitely be towards the top of my list. I’m extremely interested in them.”

Name me the last great defensive lineman to go through Notre Dame...

See this kid around a lot and every time he keeps getting bigger. Saw him yesterday and it almost seems as if he is trying to add a lot more weight to move to the interior of the dline. Not exactly sure why or if he even is, but he doesn't look like the same kid in that picture above anymore.

Hope you were wearing some nebraska swag

Hope you were wearing some nebraska swag

Unfortunately I wasn't... But I saw him in a very weird place, bath and body works down in a mall in Missouri. But we were both there with our girlfriends so that makes it okay... I hope

RUDY!!!! :P

Justin Tuck

• 1 month later...

Newell is a must get in the fact someone of his size and speed that local needs to be had by the Huskers. Sure there is KU and KSU in-state but this is a kid in NE Kansas not far from Lincoln. Heard he grew up more of a KU fan but doesn't seem to be intrigued by their shortcomings right now. Oklahoma State is the real threat!

Newell is a must get in the fact someone of his size and speed that local needs to be had by the Huskers. Sure there is KU and KSU in-state but this is a kid in NE Kansas not far from Lincoln. Heard he grew up more of a KU fan but doesn't seem to be intrigued by their shortcomings right now. Oklahoma State is the real threat!

This goes right along with everything I have seen. He lives about 2 hours from Lincoln and it isn't a bad drive so his family doesn't have to travel far to see him play.