thinking of a new gun

• 5 months later...

ended up getting a beretta .40 and a marlin 30-30.

thanks for the comments and sweet pic of the howitzer.

does anyone of have any experience with panther arms vs. windham weaponery vs. the mini 14 or mini 30.

these may be the next round of purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Any AR that puts rounds in a 2in. circle at 100 yds. seems good enough to me. Now for reliability, much of it is hearsay or personal experience/opinion. My S&W M&P AR has been great esp the $700 price tag but that is the optics ready flat top model.

Legion, Wilson and others are top end makers with sub moa shooters.

I had a S/A mini 14 target model. DAMN BARREL HEAVY, but to be expected since it used a large diameter barrel and harmonic dampener. Like my AR better.

I just ordered a LMT AR-15 from one of the local places here in Iowa, Controlled Chaos Arms. Two buddies I was on SWAT with work there on the side and teach classes there. I'm biased, but to me LMT, Noveske, Daniel Defense, and Bravo Company are the top of the line in the AR world. If you can find a complete Bravo Company AR, buy a lottery ticket, they aren't easy to find. You might find one with a Bravo Company upper, but a different lower. Supposed to be here in June......................CAN'T WAIT!

• Fire 1

U put a 2nd on your house :D

Yup, there are probably more AR manufacturers that sell quality than the really poor pieces of poo poo. Word of mouth can weed out the bad components quickly. Of course what I would buy as a civilian is different that what I would buy if I had to use it as a duty weapon. Bottom line: reliability, LEO or civilian