Favorite Show(s) that are RIP.

I just found out last week that Discovery Channel axed Stormchasers. I'm pretty bummed about that.

That kind of sucks...but the one guy that was a little *different* in the head and always seemed on the verge of tears about not getting inside the heart of a tornado. Won't miss him. Guess we'll stick to spotting the TIV rambling around greater Nebraska on those awesome stormy July nights.

Ed Sullivan.

Bonanza.

Happy Days.

Welcome Back Kotter.

Barney Miller.

Laugh In.

The Mod Squad.

TV land (I think) did reruns - 45 years later it didn't seem as funny now as then to much dated material. Monty Python was an hour in England - chopped 30 min off of stuff we wouldn't get.

Benny Hill - I had a boss that was a dead ringer for him

I really got into Samurai Jack, which was an animated TV series that was cut short when Lucasfilm recruited the creator for Star Wars: Clone Wars. I would give my right nut to see Jack beat Aku. I'll admit I was a Digimon nerd going through elementary.

I think one of the best shows that the History Channel ever had was Madhouse. It only aired for one season, but wow...it was very entertaining to watch.

***SNIP***

Northern Exposure

***SNIP***

Excellent choice - can't believe I forgot to mention it. Absolutely wonderfully written and acted. Made you want to sell all your belongings and start over in Alaska. And like WKRP, the DVD releases kind of disappoint because they couldn't get the rights (or more accurately, couldn't afford the rights - thanks, music labels) to the music played on the shows. And the music was integral to the experience the shows brought.

***SNIP***

Northern Exposure

***SNIP***

Excellent choice - can't believe I forgot to mention it. Absolutely wonderfully written and acted. Made you want to sell all your belongings and start over in Alaska. And like WKRP, the DVD releases kind of disappoint because they couldn't get the rights (or more accurately, couldn't afford the rights - thanks, music labels) to the music played on the shows. And the music was integral to the experience the shows brought.

That was a GREAT show. My favorite at the time. I wonder why reruns are not on the air? I wish Netflix would pick it up.

X-Files.

Lost.

Loved the X-Files...hated how David Duchovney drug it down in the end cause of money. But I guess that happens a lot to good shows.

The Shield

Great cast...too bad the show spiralled out of control the last season and a half!

FX seems to cancel all the shows I like. How does Terriers not get renewed. The Riches was pretty good. The Shield and Nip/Tuck. Deadwood was awesome. I might have to stick with just watching sports all the time. Pretty sure none those will get cancelled.