Favorite Show(s) that are RIP.

Green Acres

lol. I liked that show. Errr, when I was a kid anyway. :lol:

I have a theory that Green Acres took place in eastern or central Nebraska. In a couple of episodes they mentioned that the most famous state son was William Jennings Bryan, who was from Nebraska. Another time they mentioned that Oliver Wendel Douglas was going to drive to the state Capitol and back that day. So I figure it must have been somewhere between 2-3 hours from Lincoln. Near a little used railroad track.

^^ Apparently I've spent a lot of time pondering Green Acres. :lame

24 and Sopranos. 2 Best series ever.

I just can't buy Keifer Sutherland as a concerned father in Touch. He needs to be Jack Bauering people.

Seinfeld, Cheers, & the Office for sitcoms.

Don't see as ever being able to be remade but the reruns are awesome.

Best Animated- Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park, Spongebob, & Animaniacs (so what? I'm 49 and like cartoons)

Also liked the original Star Treks, Hawaii Five-O's, and Mission Impossible's but they seem very dated in reruns.

Show I'd like to see resurrected and remade- Quantum Leap

Show I've never seen but need to- Lost

Show that got the axe but should still be on- Chicago Code (this one PO'd me-how could they cancel this?)

Gonna miss- House MD

Biggest recent disappointment- Alcatraz

24 and Sopranos. 2 Best series ever.

I just can't buy Keifer Sutherland as a concerned father in Touch. He needs to be Jack Bauering people.

Seinfeld, Cheers, & the Office for sitcoms.

Don't see as ever being able to be remade but the reruns are awesome.

Best Animated- Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park, Spongebob, & Animaniacs (so what? I'm 49 and like cartoons)

Also liked the original Star Treks, Hawaii Five-O's, and Mission Impossible's but they seem very dated in reruns.

Show I'd like to see resurrected and remade- Quantum Leap

Show I've never seen but need to- Lost

Show that got the axe but should still be on- Chicago Code (this one PO'd me-how could they cancel this?)

Gonna miss- House MD

Biggest recent disappointment- Alcatraz

I'm confused. I thought we were discussing shows that were no longer showing new episodes, because The Office, Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, and I think Spongebob are all still running current.

Sopranos. Law and Order (orig version). And quite a few of those mentioned above.

Also, I was bummed when an obscure cartoon I used to watch many years ago got canceled--The Tick. It was a great cartoon, nearly as good as Archer or Futurama, but The Tick only aired for three seasons.

The Tick was awesome, I think Fox tried a live action version of that.... I liked MTV's liquid television, that gave rise to Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, and a few others.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete was a neat show, really bizarre though... There is no way they could bring it back but Twin Peaks was cool (or maybe I just thought I was hip by watching it) and Picket Fences (I think), another one of those goth kind of shows, Twin peaks meets X-Files.

I loved The Tick. There were some very good cartoons in the 90's on Nickelodeon. Rocko's Modern Life and The Angry Beavers were great shows. Oh and don't forget about Ren and Stimpy. Have you seen Adventure Time. I don't know what channel it is on but my 9 year old loves it. The people that make it must be on some bad acid trip.

One of my alltime favorite shows WKRP in Cinncinati. As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly. :cheers

Midnight Special

Boston Legal

Bullwinkel

Ren and Stimpy

SportsNight (Got the entire series on DVD)

F-Troop??

Definitely Friday Night Lights

Party of 5

Moonlighting

Road Runner/Wilie Coyote cartoon

Seinfeld

Home Improvement

Ren and Stimpy

M*A*S*H

F Troop

Undeclared

Northern Exposure

Desperate Housewives (KILL ME NOW)

My So Called Life

WKRP and News Radio

Drew Carey Show

Kyle XY

That 70's show

The HBO workout show with hot chicks on giant turntables? showing some mighty naughty angles back in the late 70's

Lost

Melrose Place (shhhh!)

Nip/TUCK

Mad About You

"V"

Unplugged

Reunion

Still Standing

George Michael's Sports Machine

Rockstar

The Dead Zone

Fear Factor

Dharma and Greg

Titus

Dennis Miller Live

Coupling

Cheers

NYPD Blue

Silk Stalkings

Zena, Warrior Princess (especially Gabrielle)

Hercules, the Legendary Journeys

Cosby

The Pretender

Sliders

Midnight Caller

Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place

Just to name a few....

Didn't realize Family Guy was cancelled

HUSKER 37, You have wide ranging tastes in television. Very wide. :lol:

For some on your list, I could see myself cracking open a beer and really enjoying them:

Boston Legal

Bullwinkel

Seinfeld

Northern Exposure

George Michael's Sports Machine

The Dead Zone

Family Guy

Others I probably would not be inclined to watch. Because I don't wear pink fuzzy bedroom slippers when I watch TV:

Desperate Housewives (KILL ME NOW)

Melrose Place (shhhh!)

Mad About You

Dharma and Greg

:lol:

Wait, Arrested Development is coming back for a season? That's very odd, considering how long it was gone. I thought it would just be a movie. Love love LOVED that show. I haven't started Season 3 yet and I don't really want to, because that would mean once I'm done with it, it's over.

FNL had a pretty good run of it, so I'm OK with it being gone. Loved the show, but hard to be sad it's over because it ran to completion.

What Fox did to Firefly was just a crime.

2. Rome: Life is expensive, I guess. This show was one of HBO's best, I think. Fantastic cast, great writing, gritty realism, wonderful sets. And it's the early Roman Empire, which is like my most favoritist era in history. The good news was they got the cancellation word early enough that they could round off the story for the most part. It didn't just disappear right in the middle of something huge.

Rome! This was a frickin' amazing show, and IMO it really puts Game of Thrones to shame. Ditto on the fascination with Roman history. The cast, the sets, it was all spectacular. The guys who played Caesar and Antony, man did they nail it.

They had to fly through season 2, unfortunately, because of the cancellation. Shame to see it happen, it deserved a few more seasons.