Someone mentioned it: Diet pop is horrible.. I know it isnt great but i keep drinking it.

While i agree that fruits are high in sugars, they're natural and are good for you but I would say more veggies is better but keep eating fruits.

Some cereals are pure sugar, but stuff like Special K arent horrible for you.

My thought is this... if you burn more calories then you consume, you will lose weight..... Simple as that. Watch what you eat, try to be active and be patient.

• Fire 1

Someone mentioned it: Diet pop is horrible.. I know it isnt great but i keep drinking it.

While i agree that fruits are high in sugars, they're natural and are good for you but I would say more veggies is better but keep eating fruits.

Some cereals are pure sugar, but stuff like Special K arent horrible for you.

My thought is this... if you burn more calories then you consume, you will lose weight..... Simple as that. Watch what you eat, try to be active and be patient.

In England most American cereals are found in the candy isle - by law if something is above some set % sugar, its candy.

Something else - slow down when eating. Take 30 min and not 5 min to finish a meal.

• Fire 1

I try to eat fewer calories than I burn during my normal daily routine. For me, that works out to about 2,200 calories. What's nice about that sort of diet is that I can eat anything that I want . . . or go have a beer after work . . . so long as I count it towards the total. It works for me.

• Fire 1

I'm probably the last person that should be giving diet advice but I do have a 2 cents to add.

It sounds like you're doing really well in most areas but there are 3 additional things I would do (2 of them have already been mentioned).

1- Completely cut out soda/pop, even diet, and go with more water.

2- Get some cardio worked in there. Walking is great but I think some regular cardio would help out.

3- Stop skipping meals, especially early day time meals. It is my understanding that this really screws with your metabolism. I've heard it is much better to get a good breakfast (to help jump start your metabolism), don't skip lunch (to keep your body from going into starvation mode and shutting down metabolism), and if you need to cut some calories, cut the majority from your last meal of the day.

Hopefully someday I'll take my own advice.

• Fire 2

Another bit of advice i have learned... dont crash diet.. dont cut everything out at once.

Take your time and cut little things out... About 3 years ago i cut out regular pop and fastfood... I maybe have "bad" fastfood 2-3 times a year.

I try to cut way back on alchy and eating out(not going well)...

For me, it is a food thing.. If i watch what i eat, i lose weight. I try to eat a lot of chicken and salmon... try to be smart.

I will let everyone know when i get down to 200.. if i ever do.. ahahahah

• Fire 1

I disagree about cardio, at least at first. Too much exercise makes your appetite hugh. When your appetite is hugh, you overeat and when you overeat consistantly and habitually no diet works. Start slow on the exercise and focus on your diet. When you start losing just dieting(with light exercise) then start a balanced weight/cardio program. Read the book beck diet solutions and follow it for a month, then start your exercise program using the Body for Life book. Rome wasn't build in a day and people don't get fat overnight.

• Fire 1

Not sure if this was said earlier, and if it was, I apologize.

Obviously you will want to cut your portion size down, not skip breakfast (even if it's just a protein shake and a greek yogurt), and ideally you would want to eat every 3-4 hours. Doing so will keep your metabolism up. Here is what my girlfriend's eating outline is (she's lost 15 lbs in two weeks).

Breakfast

Lunch

afternoon snack

Dinner

post gym protein/recovery drink

• Fire 2

I used to be at 265....Im down to 185 and hoping to pop back up to 205 (of muscle hopefully).....The first thing that I did was start eating breakfast every morning and chase it with a glass of water.....get the metabolism going.....i cut out all sugars (besides fruit).....no soda, no candy.....gave up beer....I then gave up eating all meat in general and became a vegetarian (not necessary for losing weight, it was a personal choice for me).....the BEST thing that i can offer to the many great things already posted is to try a grain called Quinoa (keen-wa)......steam it up with some vegetables and it is 100% healthy meal that fills you up and hits on all your nutritional needs.....

oh and hit the gym 6 nights a week...

• Fire 1

I used to be at 265....Im down to 185 and hoping to pop back up to 205 (of muscle hopefully).....The first thing that I did was start eating breakfast every morning and chase it with a glass of water.....get the metabolism going.....i cut out all sugars (besides fruit).....no soda, no candy.....gave up beer....I then gave up eating all meat in general and became a vegetarian (not necessary for losing weight, it was a personal choice for me).....the BEST thing that i can offer to the many great things already posted is to try a grain called Quinoa (keen-wa)......steam it up with some vegetables and it is 100% healthy meal that fills you up and hits on all your nutritional needs.....

No sugars... no meat...

Ya.. that sh#t aint happening.

HELL NO

HELL NO

+1...No way that is happening