Buying tickets outside the stadium

I,m looking at possibly buying tickets out the stadium for some of the home games this year, I have never pursued this route when purchasing tickets so I have had a few questions come to mind. First what are the tricks of the trade when buying outside the stadium? I know there are scalpers every place it seems. Secondly Is it usualy more difficult finding seats together? ( talking like 3-4 tickets) Next I,m guessing the bigger the game the harder it is to find seats what is the best time to buy for big games such as Wisconsin Michigan ect? And Lastly what is a decent price to pay for tickets? I know bigger games will prolly be higher. Thanks

I like to sclap tickets. I do it for several games a year. odd numbers are usually out of the question. 4 tickets are tough but if you have 4 people and dont mind sitting apart from each pair then you will get tixs. I usually go down to the embassy and have a few drinks. Then go out the the southwest corner of the embassy and watch. Usually there are plenty of scalpers there or they come by there. Big games they will ask for a high dollar amount. but if you are ok waiting till gametime you can get tickets for right at face or just a bit over. I typically find tickets to almost evey game that i want to go to without any issues. If you dont find tickets near embassy walk down to stadium and stand around on southwest side. plenty of sclapers and or just regular joes with extra tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Walk and wait, not only to find the scalpers but also after they give you the first price. Walk and wait.

:yeah For the Iowa game last year my brother and his wife got some, no matter what they did they could not get face, I think they paid 20 over for each. Also they missed the first quarter. Also watch the online sites, the price will start to drop as the game gets closer, as long as you dont mind where you sit that is....

Buying scalped tix was so much easier during the Clownahan era :/

I always liked having them in hand, because I like watching warm-ups, intros, and the tunnel walk. A quality part of the price of admission.