Sign in to follow this  
teachercd

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

95huskers    165

Kevin hit the big time? i know he does many nfl games and the cws as well as ncaa basketball games.. wonder what he will be doing now?

teachercd    2,769

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

is sad to announce that Kevin is leaving the show on a full time basis and is going to be expanding his play by play role with the BTN and Dial Global Sports. He'll still be with 1620 The Zone as a national correspondent, but won't be doing the show with Mike'l after next Thursday. The announcement of the new co-host happens early next week! (You are going to like it.)

knapplc    17,788

It was only a matter of time. He's been getting a lot of national exposure, and he's good at what he does. Omaha was never going to keep him locked up.

GM_Tood    1,409

Definitely gonna be missed on USC. Just waiting on the announcement out of Louisville....new USC co-host Shawn Watson.

huKSer    1,347

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

is sad to announce that Kevin is leaving the show on a full time basis and is going to be expanding his play by play role with the BTN and Dial Global Sports. He'll still be with 1620 The Zone as a national correspondent, but won't be doing the show with Mike'l after next Thursday. The announcement of the new co-host happens early next week! (You are going to like it.)

Bill from Lincoln / NYC?

GSG    5,508

So I take it an announcement is coming as soon as tomorrow?

Intern told me monday or tuesday is the expected announcment.

I hope it's apublic cervice announcrymny.

knapplc    17,788

I know many will be on here griping about JP, but I like him. Too bad he can't get The Nancy Boy back to help him out.

Comish    362

Jason Peter will have the new morning show on 1620, 7am - 11am.

Does that mean Schick and Nick are history ? If so, I missed the announcement (and won't be sorry to see them go). Way too sophmoric for my taste. Did like how they had Sam on quite a bit.

knapplc    17,788

Well, here's an interesting development. Matt Schick is leaving Omaha radio for ESPNU, and KLIN's John Bishop of "Jack and John in the Morning" will be replacing Shick - who replaced Kevin Kugler - on UC.

Foppa    379

For me, I would rather have local sports talk shows, especially during the season, then a national one. So I am good with it.

Jim Rome is the only national sports show I'll listen to. I can't stand Mike and Mike or Cowherd.

A lot of people don't like Rome, but you have to admit he's pretty good towards NU football.

Minnesota_husker    1,172

Lots of changes... Holy Crap

Let me fill those in who are lost.

Kevin Kugler and Mike'l Severe hosted unsportsmanlike conduct-- Matt Schick and Nick Bahe hosted Schick and nick.

Kugler decides to go full time PXP and leaves... They announce that Schick will take over for Kugler and Bahe will be leaving the station.

Jason Peter is brought in to start a morning show from 7am-11am-- no co-host announced right away. Severe/Schick host USC.

Then it is announced that John Bishop is joining the afternoon show with Severe and Gary Sharp will join Jason Peter. Matt Schick will take over at ESPNU.

So basically, one man is left standing. Kuglers move wiped out 2 other people... WOOOSH!

Foppa    379

Well, here's an interesting development. Matt Schick is leaving Omaha radio for ESPNU, and KLIN's John Bishop of "Jack and John in the Morning" will be replacing Shick - who replaced Kevin Kugler - on UC.

Here's the link:

http://journalstar.com/entertainment/small-screen/television-and-radio/bishop-leaving-klin-for-omaha-station-sharp-returning-to-state/article_301c13e8-3a6f-5b1e-b111-3353b934354c.html

Foppa    379

I tended to like Jason Peter's chemistry with 'Nancy Boy', but I'm not sure how well it's going to work with Gary Sharp...kind of an 'odd couple.'

huskerscott    153

I think the announcment was that there will be husker post game show its called...... BIG Red OVERREACTION.

I think that is a perfect name for the show. I believe the 2 morning hosts and the afternoon hosts are all doing the show. It's on there FB page for those interested.

teachercd    2,769

I think the announcment was that there will be husker post game show its called...... BIG Red OVERREACTION.

I think that is a perfect name for the show. I believe the 2 morning hosts and the afternoon hosts are all doing the show. It's on there FB page for those interested.

Perault used to host a show like that, I know people disliked him but any extra Husker talk is fun

knapplc    17,788

From Facebook, here's their big announcement:

Introducing BIG RED OVERREATION, 1620 The Zone's new Husker postgame radio show. We start right after the game with your calls, our analysis with Mike'L, John, Gary Sharp & Jason Peter, the Bo Pelini postgame press conference and scores. It's a FANS' postgame show that doesn't make you wait two hours or wait through endless commercials. When the game ends, BIG RED OVERREACTION kicks off! Debuting Sept. 1 right after the Southern Miss game on 1620 The Zone & 1620thezone.com!

Interesting. Always nice to have another option, though I'll probably still stick to Husker Network, considering they'll still have a lot more inside coverage than these guys will. The fan stuff is fun, but can get a bit exasperating after a little too much overanalysis and handwringing over minute details. Might be interesting for a listen once or twice, but we'll have to see.

tschu    1,594

Will not be listening after a loss, that's for sure.

:thumbsup:

Won't be listening anyway...too much other college football action goin on. Plus I'll probably be out with people and hammered out of my mind.

teachercd    2,769

What about the idea of a Husker call in show, during the game? With Twitter and texting the hosts could basically be getting up to the second fan reaction and things like that.

I know most people are watching the game and so on but it might be worth a try, people listening to the station while watching the game. Of course, this could also be the worst idea ever.