Game Review
38NebraskavsNorthwestern17
October 18, 2014 | 6:30 PM | BTN
Game Preview
Nebraskavs.Rutgers
A warm welcome to our visiting Scarlet Knights fans!
October 25, 2014 | 11:00 AM | ESPN2
- - - - -

Potential transfer (to here) ------ Jonathon Rose - Husker

• You cannot reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic

#1 corncraze

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Saw this tweet a little bit ago

Mike Schaefer- #Nebraska a front runner for a potential transfer. Find out more here:http://nebraska.247s...-Nebraska-83884 #huskers

Did some digging and based on the tweet & link below, it might be CB Jonathan Rose from Auburn.

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson - Rumors regarding departed Auburn players: Zeke Pike looking at Louisville, JonathanRose looking at Nebraska, FSU, Tennessee.

http://www.al.com/sp...han_rose_l.html

Link to rivals profile
Link to Auburn profile

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 In the Deed the Glory

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I'd like to know what the personal problems are?

"It has nothing to do with grades or anything that deals with the police or anything like that," Leeds (Ala.) High coach Keith Etheredge told the Birmingham News. "It's just that he doesn't need to be down there anymore. It has nothing to do with the coaching staff or Auburn or anything like that. They've been great to Jonathan.
"I said when he left high school here he was the type of kid I want my son to grow up to be. I still feel that way. Nothing has changed. My gosh, if Jonathan Rose can't make it in Division I college football, I don't have a kid that I have ever coached that can make it. That's the type of kid he is. He wants to fit in, but he's got to learn he can't fit in with every crowd."

Linky linky

Not the Victory; but the Action
Not the Goal; but the Game

In the Deed; the Glory

Five Time National College Football Champions

#3 RedRedJarvisRedwhine

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

Saw this tweet a little bit ago

Mike Schaefer- #Nebraska a front runner for a potential transfer. Find out more here:http://nebraska.247s...-Nebraska-83884 #huskers

Did some digging and based on the tweet & link below, it might be CB Jonathan Rose from Auburn.

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson - Rumors regarding departed Auburn players: Zeke Pike looking at Louisville, JonathanRose looking at Nebraska, FSU, Tennessee.

http://www.al.com/sp...han_rose_l.html

Link to rivals profile
Link to Auburn profile

I take it all three schools he is looking at have an open schollie?

#4 Haspula

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

The comments on this article state he left because of drug problems: http://www.al.com/sp...han_rose_l.html
Posted Image

#5 Atbone95

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Sounds like he just got in with the wrong crowd at the university, and is sort of looking for a fresh start.

The interest must be serious if we're being considered?

#6 corncraze

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

I think this reflects how much we're struggling to get CBs in this class. Depth could a potential problem if we don't start getting some commits at that position. This is one possible quick fix.

#7 irieboy8

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

the term personal reasons seems to be thrown around a lot here lately......
Posted Image

#8 Decked

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

I think this reflects how much we're struggling to get CBs in this class. Depth could a potential problem if we don't start getting some commits at that position. This is one possible quick fix.

We still have Minter would be a sure commit. And if he is anything like his dad i'll take him.

3-SS_zpsad1388c6.jpg#TeamDexel

Through these gates walk the politest, least intimidating fans ever. Also, knitting enthusiasts.

#9 Decked

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

The comments on this article state he left because of drug problems: http://www.al.com/sp...han_rose_l.html

Must of been hanging out with Tyrann Mathieu. Should help that the B1G has no where near the crime in the confrence. And Nebraska has some good kids he should fit right it.

Through these gates walk the politest, least intimidating fans ever. Also, knitting enthusiasts.

#10 corncraze

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

We still have Minter would be a sure commit. And if he is anything like his dad i'll take him.

Absolutely. I'd love to have him aboard, but I think we need at least 2 CBs this class, but I'd even prefer 3.

#11 bshirt

Head Coach

• Banned
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Amen.

#12 Decked

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

Absolutely. I'd love to have him aboard, but I think we need at least 2 CBs this class, but I'd even prefer 3.

You are right. Some CBs we have left it that are good and not backup plans: Alexander 5* (Former Tennesse commit decommited after Joseph left), Willis 5* (Will make his new list), Dashon Hunt 4* (In top 4 former UCLA commit), Mike Minter 3*(Sure commit if offered son of Mike Minter Jr not offered due to off field problems) Sojourn shelton 3* (Named Wisconsin his leader former FSU commit), Jonathan Cook 3* (Will get visit named Ole Miss leader the day we offered him).

#13 whateveritis1224

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

I say if we have room and he's good enough we give him the chance. I trust our staff and players to keep him away from the same troubles that are plaguing him at Auburn. Just a couple questions though, has he played any at Auburn? and if he has how has he done?

#14 Foppa

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

"I don't apologize for what I've done, I don't apologize to you, I don't apologize to anybody." Bo Pelini 11-29-2013
"I apologize for reacting emotionally yesterday and for showing frustration both with the game officials and the media." Bo Pelini 11-30-2013

#15 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

Sounds like we have a VERY good shot at getting this kid. Rated 88 overall for 2011 class and the No 8 corner. Kid is the real deal. Sounds like he just needs a fresh start and got involved with the wrong people, heard that quite a bit lately involving Auburn. I guess we are getting his transcripts today. The reason we are in on him is because Joseph recruited him when he was with Tenn. He loves Joseph and they built a great relationship, so this is whats going to get this kid here, and Nebraska is what this kid needs. Friends with Ameer Abdullah so that will help as well. Doesnt sound like he wants to go FBS because he wants to play for confrence titles and all that. Sounds like we will know by the end of the week.

Hes ours as long as all the paperwork stuff works out. Wil sit out this year and have 3 years to play. Big news.
Posted Image

#16 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Wonder if this was what JP was referring to in his Tweet last week saying we might have some big news coming soon
Posted Image

#17 KC Cowboy

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Lawrence Phillips had "personal" problems, but I'd still take him back...
(Insert smart comment here)

#18 In the Deed the Glory

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Not sure if serious.....

Not the Victory; but the Action
Not the Goal; but the Game

In the Deed; the Glory

Five Time National College Football Champions

#19 huKSer

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Well, he is from Nebraska.

What? There is more than one Auburn?
"They should run a QB sneak. There's no reason to run anything that takes time to develop."
__________________---Ed Cunningham, football genius, comment 5 seconds before the longest pass in FBS bowl history.

#20 C N Red

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Not sure if serious.....

I would maybe take him back if he'd kept clean after college, but I def wouldn't take him back now after he tried running over kids b/c of flag football.
"One School leaving a conference does not break up a conference. Two schools leaving a conference does not break up a conference. Six schools leaving a conference breaks up a conference." T.O. 6/11/2010

The only good Badger is a dead Bucky. - C N Red
The only good Pony is a dead Pony! - C N Red

#21 KC Cowboy

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Not sure if serious.....

Not serious. I don't want someone on my football team that literally tries to kill people. If it were a figurative killing, then yes please.
(Insert smart comment here)

#22 da skers

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Wonder if this was what JP was referring to in his Tweet last week saying we might have some big news coming soon

Good chance.

#23 StPaulHusker

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Good chance.

I hope there is something bigger than this. Don't get me wrong but getting a transfer with "personal problems" is not exactly something to tweet about being "big news down the pike". I would love to see this kid here if all he needs is a fresh start. I think the staff could do some good for him. Let's hope it pans out.

c7U8vFB.png                                            

#24 FLU

All American

• Banned
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Read on rivals that there was an update at 11:50am regarding his status... anyone know what it is?

#25 corncraze

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Apparently it was us, FSU & Tennessee that were showing him intrest, but FSU doesn't have a scholarship for him, so they're out.

We have five open spots (two are for Afalava & Moore), so we're good.

Has a "pretty good" relationship with Joseph according to his dad.

Here's a quote from dad -

"We looked at Nebraska's depth chart. As far as school wise, I know it's a good school. I know they just recently went to the Big Ten. Just me being a football player myself, you know the big schools like Nebraska all have the tradition and all of that. Just first-hand I talked to a couple of people that are familiar with Nebraska and they had a lot of good things to say about them."

#26 corncraze

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

His old HS coach thinks we're on top.

“I think Nebraska is at the top of his list,” Rose’s high school coach at Leeds (Ala.) Keith Etheredge told the site. “He wants to compete for conference championships and national championships. Nebraska wins every year. I think it’s a good opportunity for him and it’d be a good place for him. It’s different in Nebraska but I think he needs a change of scenery.”

http://aol.sportingn..._medium=twitter

#27 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Good chance.

I hope there is something bigger than this. Don't get me wrong but getting a transfer with "personal problems" is not exactly something to tweet about being "big news down the pike". I would love to see this kid here if all he needs is a fresh start. I think the staff could do some good for him. Let's hope it pans out.

This is almost as big as getting priest willis. IMO. Priest rated 68 overall this kid 88 overall. Granted Priest doesnt have anything like his going on that we know of, but as far as big time CB go, they are on a pretty level field talent wise....I think this is pretty big...IF he makes it. Reported to be the best CB they had coming out of spring. Everyone deserves a second chance, and from what ive heard it wasnt that bad just some 420, his Dad just wants him out of the area. Gotta wonder whats going on in that program, a few kids have left including their NC MVP RB.

247 reported it at around midnight last night and it took Rivals about 12 hours to get the same info out. Rivals had an initial report on it 40 minutes after 247 broke, but not near the info 247 had. 247 is fast becoming the best.
Posted Image

#28 Conga3

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

“I think Nebraska is at the top of his list,” Rose’s high school coach at Leeds (Ala.) Keith Etheredge told the site. “He wants to compete for conference championships and national championships. Nebraska wins every year. I think it’s a good opportunity for him and it’d be a good place for him. It’s different in Nebraska but I think he needs a change of scenery.”

Does he mean different like...

Posted Image

or different like...

Posted Image

:ohnoes

+1 to make an Iowa fan cry

#29 CMT1525

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

hopes to have his decision made by midweek this week
Posted Image

#30 huskerjock

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

I heard that he's ours and that we're just waiting to hear back from the NCAA regarding his paperwork.

#31 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

I heard that he's ours and that we're just waiting to hear back from the NCAA regarding his paperwork.

His coach sent his transcripts in today, sounds like he wants to come here, its just a matter of paperwork
Posted Image

#32 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Sounds like he is N....should find out as soon as tomorrow, Wednesday for sure. This is big big news.
Posted Image

#33 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,200 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Forgive me if I missed it somewhere in the thread:

He'll have to sit out this season right? Then he'll have 2 or 3 years to play?

CUZ7pa.png   burt99puvafb468s14ymjz6cs.gifIvmL5v.png

#34 Moiraine

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

He'll have to sit out this season right? Then he'll have 2 or 3 years to play?

Yes and 3

#35 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Ya he will sit this year and have 3 years to play. If he gets his stuff together he is going to be a gem, the kid can flat out play.
Posted Image

#36 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,591 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Ya he will sit this year and have 3 years to play. If he gets his stuff together he is going to be a gem, the kid can flat out play.

He can practice and learn the defense right away, correct? Just not any games
2011: Offensive Tackle 2012:Posted Image 2013:Posted Image

#37 hskerholic

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

^^^ correct will redshirt and learn defense scout team defense something

Go Big Red!

#38 BIGREDIOWAN

Legend

• Mods
  • 25,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Good to hear, keep your nose clean Rose!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 Omaha-Husker

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Rose and Jackson are some big time secondary talent. Would love to see those two manning the back of the defense for the next 3-4 years.

#40 Atbone95

All American

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Go Big Red!

Edit: Made a mistake. Hasn't redshirted, my bad. this will just count as his Rs. Fr. year. Can play right away next year as a redshirt sophomore, 3 years to play.

I'm impressed, if true, if he really was Auburn's top CB through spring and summer practices. Sounds like a really quality player.

#41 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,591 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Go Big Red!

Already redshirted at Auburn, this will just count as his Rs. Fr. year. Can play right away next year as a redshirt sophomore, 3 years to play.

I'm impressed, if true, if he really was Auburn's top CB through spring and summer practices. Sounds like a really quality player.

He played last year according to his Auburn profile. Either way he still plays three years
2011: Offensive Tackle 2012:Posted Image 2013:Posted Image

#42 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Go Big Red!

Already redshirted at Auburn, this will just count as his Rs. Fr. year. Can play right away next year as a redshirt sophomore, 3 years to play.

He played last year according to his Auburn profile. Either way he still plays three years

Yep played in 9 games as a true freshman. Hope everything works in our favor, no last minute snags.
Posted Image

#43 QMany

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

John Bishop@JohnBishop71
Nate Clouse says 'its looking good that Jonathan Rose will come to Nebraska' #Huskers
Posted Image
#13N13

#44 HuskerShark

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

#45 HuskerShark

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

#46 walksalone

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,612 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thats outstanding, glad to have some good news....

I shall fear no evil, for the shadow is mine, and so is the valley...

91e743ec-27f5-47cf-a036-7ccd145c5326_zps0000406_war-stories-and-free-beer_160.pnphoto_zpsa3cd0d9b.jpg

#FireTimBeck

#47 HuskerFowler

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

Sounds like he is N....should find out as soon as tomorrow, Wednesday for sure. This is big big news.

Cant believe no one jumped me for this...tomorrow is Wednesday!! I think it will be official tomorrow, thursday at the latest. Hes got to get here and get enrolled in classes pretty quick.
Posted Image

#48 gratefullred

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

A kid good enough to play SEC corner as a true freshman who smokes a little pot, me like.

#49 Tatum

Travel Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Rose, Love, Valentine, and now another Rose for our future starting defense.

Quite the defense there. O_o

#50 RedRedJarvisRedwhine

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Rose, Love, Valentine, and now another Rose for our future starting defense.

Quite the defense there. O_o

Ya had to go and gay it up didn't ya?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users