Potential transfer (to here) ------ Jonathon Rose - Husker

the term personal reasons seems to be thrown around a lot here lately......

Lawrence Phillips had "personal" problems, but I'd still take him back...

Not sure if serious.....

I would maybe take him back if he'd kept clean after college, but I def wouldn't take him back now after he tried running over kids b/c of flag football.

the term personal reasons seems to be thrown around a lot here lately......

Lawrence Phillips had "personal" problems, but I'd still take him back...

Not sure if serious.....

Not serious. I don't want someone on my football team that literally tries to kill people. If it were a figurative killing, then yes please.

Wonder if this was what JP was referring to in his Tweet last week saying we might have some big news coming soon
Good chance.

I hope there is something bigger than this. Don't get me wrong but getting a transfer with "personal problems" is not exactly something to tweet about being "big news down the pike". I would love to see this kid here if all he needs is a fresh start. I think the staff could do some good for him. Let's hope it pans out.

Apparently it was us, FSU & Tennessee that were showing him intrest, but FSU doesn't have a scholarship for him, so they're out.

We have five open spots (two are for Afalava & Moore), so we're good.

Has a "pretty good" relationship with Joseph according to his dad.

Here's a quote from dad -

"We looked at Nebraska's depth chart. As far as school wise, I know it's a good school. I know they just recently went to the Big Ten. Just me being a football player myself, you know the big schools like Nebraska all have the tradition and all of that. Just first-hand I talked to a couple of people that are familiar with Nebraska and they had a lot of good things to say about them."

His old HS coach thinks we're on top.

“I think Nebraska is at the top of his list,” Rose’s high school coach at Leeds (Ala.) Keith Etheredge told the site. “He wants to compete for conference championships and national championships. Nebraska wins every year. I think it’s a good opportunity for him and it’d be a good place for him. It’s different in Nebraska but I think he needs a change of scenery.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-08-06/jonathan-rose-auburn-tigers-transfer-nebraska-huskers-gene-chizik?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wonder if this was what JP was referring to in his Tweet last week saying we might have some big news coming soon
Good chance.

I hope there is something bigger than this. Don't get me wrong but getting a transfer with "personal problems" is not exactly something to tweet about being "big news down the pike". I would love to see this kid here if all he needs is a fresh start. I think the staff could do some good for him. Let's hope it pans out.

This is almost as big as getting priest willis. IMO. Priest rated 68 overall this kid 88 overall. Granted Priest doesnt have anything like his going on that we know of, but as far as big time CB go, they are on a pretty level field talent wise....I think this is pretty big...IF he makes it. Reported to be the best CB they had coming out of spring. Everyone deserves a second chance, and from what ive heard it wasnt that bad just some 420, his Dad just wants him out of the area. Gotta wonder whats going on in that program, a few kids have left including their NC MVP RB.

247 reported it at around midnight last night and it took Rivals about 12 hours to get the same info out. Rivals had an initial report on it 40 minutes after 247 broke, but not near the info 247 had. 247 is fast becoming the best.

“I think Nebraska is at the top of his list,” Rose’s high school coach at Leeds (Ala.) Keith Etheredge told the site. “He wants to compete for conference championships and national championships. Nebraska wins every year. I think it’s a good opportunity for him and it’d be a good place for him. It’s different in Nebraska but I think he needs a change of scenery.”

Does he mean different like...

harvestanxiety.jpg

or different like...

melissa1.jpg

:ohnoes