(2013) C/PF Akoy Agau [Georgetown Commit]

It came down to Ville and Nebraska according to his AAU coach. Give Miles all the credit in the world for keeping Nebraska in his top group, he busted his ass.

We should give credit to Miles, but of course the coach is going to say that since Akoy still has to live and play in Nebraska this season. So I wouldn't put to much stock in that comment.

I am not so sure if we were really in it at all. Check out this interview from the day before his commitment.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/recruiting/2012/09/19/qa-akoy-agau-neb-pf-recaps-official-baskeball-visit-to-louisville/

The Courier-Journal: That was your first official visit. Did it set a good bar for the other ones, or no?

Akoy Agau: It definitely has. Other schools I’m going to take officials to are probably Georgetown and West Virginia, and definitely their facilities are really nice. But definitely it does set a bar. The (KFC) Yum! Center was amazing. I haven’t seen a facility that nice where they play in, and it’s like (primarily) theirs. Unlike Georgetown, where it’s where the Washington Wizards play and the hockey team. But theirs is an all-basketball arena that they play in, which is a really cool thing. I’m definitely going to check out the other ones.

The Courier-Journal: So you are going to Georgetown for Midnight Madness, correct? October 12?

Akoy Agau: Yes.

The Courier-Journal: Do you know when you are going to West Virginia?

Akoy Agau: No, not sure.

The Courier-Journal: Baylor, Mississippi State and Memphis are others you’re looking at?

Akoy Agau: Yes.

The Courier-Journal: Is it primarily those six, or are there others?

Akoy Agau: DePaul.

Neither the reporter or Agau himself bothered with mentioning Nebraska. I really really doubt it came down to Nebraska and Louisville.

So, I guess I have to be the one that brings up this.

Before he committed to Louisville, he was in Lincoln several times with recruits showing them around and getting to know them. It appears to me from the outside that the he really never had a desire to go to Nebraska.

So....it seems really odd to me that he would spend that time in Lincoln with recruits showing them around.

Was he doing it to get to know them to recruit them now to Louisville?

My assumption is he really liked UNL but knew it wasnt the place for him. He liked spending time there and truly wants them to do well, hence showing others around...

Maybe he would love to go to nebraska but knew it wasnt in his best interest but wanted to help out the school in some way.

That is a tremendous reach but lets think the best for him.

Also sets up a nice safety net in Lincoln if things DON'T work out for him at Petinoville.......

• Fire 1

My assumption is he really liked UNL but knew it wasnt the place for him. He liked spending time there and truly wants them to do well, hence showing others around...

Maybe he would love to go to nebraska but knew it wasnt in his best interest but wanted to help out the school in some way.

That is a tremendous reach but lets think the best for him.

I hope that's the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Good interview. By far the best part is when he says georgetown and Louisville are his co favorites despite the fact the he just committed to Louisville

The interview was a day before his commit.

So the kid didn't know the day before? Could be I guess.

Personally, the kid is a glory hound looking for attention. The typical NBA player of today, all about me. I would be saying the very same thing if he came to NU.