Need some advice for Saturday...

_JT_

I realize this post is completely off topic in regards to our play against UCLA and how we'll perform this weekend, but was looking for some advice for Saturday. My wife and I are bringing our daughter down to Lincoln for the game this weekend and I'm wondering if there is a good place where we might run into Herbie Husker? We get down for one game a year usually and last year we attempted to take her down to the Husker Nation Pavillion thinking he might have been there, but no luck. I realize this is a pretty trivial post in comparison to the others on the board, but I think it would make my daughters day to 'meet' Herbie.....well and Rex too...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JT- yours is not a trivial post. This is the type of thing a fan and parent should be concerned about. Have fun at the game and I hope you find Herbie. There's enough wanna be coaches already participating. Thanks for reminding us that there is more to this game than X's and O's and winning. Gotta enjoy the ride too.

I realize this post is completely off topic in regards to our play against UCLA and how we'll perform this weekend, but was looking for some advice for Saturday. My wife and I are bringing our daughter down to Lincoln for the game this weekend and I'm wondering if there is a good place where we might run into Herbie Husker? We get down for one game a year usually and last year we attempted to take her down to the Husker Nation Pavillion thinking he might have been there, but no luck. I realize this is a pretty trivial post in comparison to the others on the board, but I think it would make my daughters day to 'meet' Herbie.....well and Rex too...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As the others have said, this is a perfect reason to post on this board.

I don't know if they still do this, but last time we were in Lincoln for a game, the mascots (Herbie and Lil Red...and the band) made an appearance in the lobby of the Embassy Suites the morning of the game (a few hours before kick-off). I don't know if Embassy Suites is still a corporate partner, but I'm sure you could call the concierge desk and ask if that is something that they still do. Enjoy the game and the experience, I hope your little one gets to meet Herbie...sounds like you're bringing her up right :thumbs

Speaking of mascots, Lil Red scarred me for life at some pancake eating/breakfast pre-game or something when I was around 6 years old or so. Never gonna forget that day... I'm still terrified of that thing. Pop it for me if you can.

I lol'd. I would say poor Lil Red, but there are far too many kids with this story. There are probably therapy groups for this sort of thing.

This thread is a welcome change right now.................

Fire Barney! Fire Bo! Fire Herbie Husker!

Are we back on track now? ;)

to the OP, I've also remembered seeing Herbie around Embassy Suites before the game, and also by Westbrook Bldg. (basically across the street north from Em Suites) when the band was outside warming up and getting ready to march.

If there isn't a 'stated' place that he is consistantly around, just roam around and enjoy the environment, and maybe ask fans if they've seen him somewhere. Good luck!