ESPN Announcers

Maybe I don't know. But couldn't UN leave a couple a pages of notes...history...trivia in the tv room with the announcers to use.

I know here UH will leave the announcers with local knowledge they can use during the game, so these issue don't come up

@808kcmo, you originally from Hawaii ?? If so how did you end up in KC.

I believe the document your thinking of exist in the form of a media guide. (These are readily available in the booth - along with Internet access)

Hire a local broadcasting team to announce the game and you will indeed have expert analysis and fine-tuned knowledge of one of the football programs involved.

Every broadcaster has a media guide, and that's where you get little factoids like how Memorial Stadium is the third largest city in Nebraska, which I believe has been repeated during every televised Husker home game since the dawn of time. Which made the screw up last week kinda funny. As if the factoid needed more hyperbole.

Should the announcers this week be slightly off on a factoid about Pocatello, Idaho I won't really know the difference and it won't affect my enjoyment of the football game. Assuming we're winnig.

Hire a local broadcasting team to announce the game and you will indeed have expert analysis and fine-tuned knowledge of one of the football programs involved.

Every broadcaster has a media guide, and that's where you get little factoids like how Memorial Stadium is the third largest city in Nebraska, which I believe has been repeated during every televised Husker home game since the dawn of time. Which made the screw up last week kinda funny. As if the factoid needed more hyperbole.

Should the announcers this week be slightly off on a factoid about Pocatello, Idaho I won't really know the difference and it won't affect my enjoyment of the football game. Assuming we're winnig.

You really watch away games that are broadcast by their local media people? You really want to sit and listen constantly to a homer point of view?

You really watch away games that are broadcast by their local media people? You really want to sit and listen constantly to a homer point of view?

No. That was my point.