random ramblings misc thoughts Shawn Watson

• You cannot reply to this topic
4176 replies to this topic

#1 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Sometimes I have something to say that is not worthy of starting a new thread, but it doesn’t fit in any existing thread. And it's too long for a status update. I think this thread could be the place for such ramblings. So here goes.

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#2 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

This past Saturday in the middle of the night I was woken up by voices outside my house. I figure it’s just high school guys, maybe junior high, out toilet papering a house or ringing doorbells. I got dressed, went down and scouted around but they were long gone by the time I got there. The next day I’m mowing the lawn, and low and behold, I find where they’d stashed an empty water bottle that had contained some sort of smelly liquid (cleaning fluid maybe?) and an empty Doritos bag. So I figure, apparently some of the neighborhood kids are sniffing stuff to get high.

I guess this has been happening forever. I knew people in hs who did this sh#t. But it makes me wonder whether it is getting more common among teenagers? That is, sniffing lighter fluid, or gasoline, or cleaning fluid? I can't claim total innocence back in hs. I may have smoke a little dope now and then. But I never sniffed anything. I can’t help but think that sniffing stuff like that is not good for the ole IQ. :lol:

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

#3 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

I posted this in the UCLA Discussion thread. But I'm so proud I wanted to re-post it:

So my wife comes in the TV room to take my two and a half year old son up to bed just now. He puts his palm out and says, NO! We're watching the game!

That's my boy!

---------------------------------  

unrelated edit:    Leaf on the Wind:  LINK

#4 BigRedBuster

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Why is it that on TV they can use Super Glue to connect two pieces of metal together to hang a guy over the edge of a 112 story sky scraper but when I simply want to glue the sole of my shoe back together it doesn't stay put?

"Argument turns too easily into animosity.  Disagreement escalates into dehumanization.  Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions."

George Bush

#5 Undone

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Buster, here's a plug for Shoo Goo. That stuff's legit.

#6 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Why is it that on TV they can use Super Glue to connect two pieces of metal together to hang a guy over the edge of a 112 story sky scraper but when I simply want to glue the sole of my shoe back together it doesn't stay put?

Chili Dog Nachos

This Shoe Goo stuff is great! Much better than superglue on shoes.

Posted Image

#7 RedRedJarvisRedwine

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Any thoughts on lunch today?

alF9Tjh.png 1jSB3pb.png 8Ij2oO.jpg photo-thumb-11059.png?_r=1454428433

#8 ADS

Legend

• Members
  • 13,916 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

Why do all the hispanic people in my apartment complex hangout on the bumper of their cars? It really confuses me, why not go hangout in your apartment?
O2Z2aGv.png

#9 Enhance89

Legend

• Members
  • 10,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Every day is a good day for Chinese.

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#10 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,905 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hot dogs

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

#11 ADS

Legend

• Members
  • 13,916 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Fried egg sammich
O2Z2aGv.png

#12 HuskerfaninOkieland

Legend

• Members
  • 16,273 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Some liver with fava beans and nice chianti

#13 Hingle McCringleberry

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

Anybody know anything about Caviar? I know its fish eggs preserved in salt, or something, but is it any good?... I've been thinking about trying it but the prices are unreal... I'm wondering if its crap, but people just say its good because something that costly MUST be good...
"Those days are gone along with the mystique of Husker Football..." Lou Holtz November 29, 2013

#14 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,606 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

I've had both expensive and inexpensive varieties of caviar. I don't like either kind, and I didn't see much difference between the "good stuff" and the mediocre stuff.

I think it's more of a status symbol than anything. Like drinking really pricy wine.

clEdF.png

The failure to condemn is necessarily the act to condone.

#15 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,905 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

I've had both expensive and inexpensive varieties of caviar. I don't like either kind, and I didn't see much difference between the "good stuff" and the mediocre stuff.

I think it's more of a status symbol than anything. Like drinking really pricy wine.

Like Night Train? Cuz it's for ballers only.

EAT THE RICH

#16 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Anybody know anything about Caviar? I know its fish eggs preserved in salt, or something, but is it any good?... I've been thinking about trying it but the prices are unreal... I'm wondering if its crap, but people just say its good because something that costly MUST be good...

You can salt the hell out of anchovies and get a similar flavor . . . but not the texture.

I don't like it.
"Nebraska has no beaches, mountains or stay-forever good weather. But the loyalty of ticket-buying, check-writing Husker fans is a natural resource that has sustained high-quality athletics in Lincoln for the past 50 years.

That fan devotion is a priceless commodity." -Lee Barfknecht

#17 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Every day is a good day for Chinese.

Every night too. :thumbs:

#18 808Husker in KCMO

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

I really want to fit this gif into a topic at some point, but since this thread exists, I'll use it here.

Posted Image

#19 VA Husker Fan

Head Coach

• Members2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

This past Saturday in the middle of the night I was woken up by voices outside my house. I figure it’s just high school guys, maybe junior high, out toilet papering a house or ringing doorbells. I got dressed, went down and scouted around but they were long gone by the time I got there. The next day I’m mowing the lawn, and low and behold, I find where they’d stashed an empty water bottle that had contained some sort of smelly liquid (cleaning fluid maybe?) and an empty Doritos bag. So I figure, apparently some of the neighborhood kids are sniffing stuff to get high.

I guess this has been happening forever. I knew people in hs who did this sh#t. But it makes me wonder whether it is getting more common among teenagers? That is, sniffing lighter fluid, or gasoline, or cleaning fluid? I can't claim total innocence back in hs. I may have smoke a little dope now and then. But I never sniffed anything. I can’t help but think that sniffing stuff like that is not good for the ole IQ. :lol:

When I lived down in Austin there was a problem with kids huffing freon out of people's A/C units. People wouldn't figure it out until their house wouldn't cool down.

#20 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

When I lived down in Austin there was a problem with kids huffing freon out of people's A/C units. People wouldn't figure it out until their house wouldn't cool down.

Doesn't huffing stuff like that--freon, gasoline, glue, etc.--actually damage your brain? Or is that just propaganda that schools tell kids to keep them off the stuff?

#21 GM_Tood

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Twin Peaks on Talk Like a Pirate Day. Oh yeah...shiver me timbers and grab the booty and treasure chests me mateys!

j6xtuTK.png

#22 808Husker in KCMO

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Doesn't huffing stuff like that--freon, gasoline, glue, etc.--actually damage your brain? Or is that just propaganda that schools tell kids to keep them off the stuff?

I'm pretty sure that's how Tuff Tiger became the man he is today.

#23 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • 14,986 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

#24 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

#25 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,905 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

EAT THE RICH

#26 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

So do middle aged men. :lol:

/and some women too.

#27 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,905 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

/and some women too.

We could be like Boondock Saints, minus the killing part. Just go around whooping ass on all the dumb bastards.

EAT THE RICH

#28 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

/and some women too.

We could be like Boondock Saints, minus the killing part. Just go around whooping ass on all the dumb bastards.

Yeah, except I was thinking I might be one who deserved to get his ass kicked. Just on general principles. :lol:

#29 Comish

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,644 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Somebody explain to me why a trip via ambulance (basically a truck frame with shocks imported from army tanks) rides so rough it shakes the IV’s our of all your orifices, while a Hearse (transporting a BODY that obviously can’t feel or doesn’t care about the quality of the ride) has the smoothest ride going?

(Been in the former multiple times and hope to postpone the latter for quite a while)

Seems bas-akwards to me…………

"'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.'"
       -- Leslie Nielsen

#30 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Somebody explain to me why a trip via ambulance (basically a truck frame with shocks imported from army tanks) rides so rough it shakes the IV’s our of all your orifices, while a Hearse (transporting a BODY that obviously can’t feel or doesn’t care about the quality of the ride) has the smoothest ride going?

(Been in the former multiple times and hope to postpone the latter for quite a while)

Seems bas-akwards to me…………

Maybe because hearses don't top 30mph. If I'm in an ambulance I want it to go a LOT faster than that. :lol:

#31 RedRedJarvisRedwine

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Twin Peaks on Talk Like a Pirate Day. Oh yeah...shiver me timbers and grab the booty and treasure chests me mateys!

I like Twin Peaks, but the last time I was there, I swear the oldest girl working looked 15! Was really kinda creepy feeling!

On a side note: I found out that the food isn't too bad! :thumbs

#32 ShawnWatson

Heisman Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

I've been on a real health craze/all natural kick lately and have been doing a lot of jankem. I smell like sh#t but I feel great!

#33 HuskerfaninOkieland

Legend

• Members
  • 16,273 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I've been on a real health craze/all natural kick lately and have been doing a lot of jankem. I smell like sh#t but I feel great!

#34 Stumpy1

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Why is poop brown? I eat a lot of things that aren't brown but it comes out brown.

Instead you just go around like a 4 year old who discovered that his dick is capable of pissing in places other than his pants or the toilet. - ZRod

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. - George Burns

#35 RedRedJarvisRedwine

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Why is poop brown? I eat a lot of things that aren't brown but it comes out brown.

Why is mine mustard color? I hate musturd!

#36 PaulCrewe

Wizard of Osborne

• Members2
  • 8,274 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Is it worth inviting your banging hot neighbor, with a great rack, over to watch a game at the price of haVing to put up with her douche husband that is loud and has no concept or knowledge of football whatsoever.

ONLY THEO CAN SAVE HUSKER ATHLETICS

#37 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Is it worth inviting your banging hot neighbor, with a great rack, over to watch a game at the price of haVing to put up with her douche husband that is loud and has no concept or knowledge of football whatsoever.

The solution is Roofies. For him not her.

#38 Rike Miley

Wizard of Osborne

• Members2
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

I wanna cum...I mean come..

#39 MLB 51

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,176 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Yes it does. I have seen the effects first hand. We get young kids in our facility once in awhile. That sh#t just eats their brain up, and there is no coming back from the damage.

1x1clear.gif1x1clear.gifHBHockey_zps3ff84fc3.png

download-icon.png

#40 GM_Tood

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

j6xtuTK.png

#41 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

I wonder why we don't legalize marijuana in the U.S.? It seems like more people are in favor of this than against. Is there a reason we don't legalize it--and then tax the hell out of it like cigarettes and booze?

#42 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,905 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I wonder why we don't legalize marijuana in the U.S.? It seems like more people are in favor of this than against. Is there a reason we don't legalize it--and then tax the hell out of it like cigarettes and booze?

Posted Image

EAT THE RICH

#43 sd'sker

Legend

• Members
  • 13,440 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

effing dupont, man.

SD'SKER, HUSKERBOARD'S FIRST AND ONLY FRANCHISE POSTER.
av-7084.jpg14-ST_zps5c750025.jpg14-STALT_zps6ee39b41.jpgN9UE.jpg
--We are grateful that the new leadership in our football program is aligned with our values and

will establish that you can be successful at Nebraska and that you can do it with integrity and
class. -UNL, 12/17/14

#44 knapplc

Legend

• Members2
  • 39,606 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

I went to check out a BS thread and a politics thread broke out.

clEdF.png

The failure to condemn is necessarily the act to condone.

#45 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,905 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Posted Image

EAT THE RICH

#46 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

I went to check out a BS thread and a politics thread broke out.

Politics is a subset of BS.

#47 GM_Tood

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hey! Let me ask you, what's your favorite planet? Mine's the sun. Always has been. I like it cause its like the King of Planets.

j6xtuTK.png

#48 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well, actually Harry, it's not a planet. It's a star.

#49 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

going to the SW/SE game tonight, should be a good one.
Posted Image

#50 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,905 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

How does Moses make his tea?

EAT THE RICH

0 user(s) are reading this topic