NUance

*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

NUance    6,940

Sometimes I have something to say that is not worthy of starting a new thread, but it doesn’t fit in any existing thread. And it's too long for a status update. I think this thread could be the place for such ramblings. So here goes.

NUance    6,940

This past Saturday in the middle of the night I was woken up by voices outside my house. I figure it’s just high school guys, maybe junior high, out toilet papering a house or ringing doorbells. I got dressed, went down and scouted around but they were long gone by the time I got there. The next day I’m mowing the lawn, and low and behold, I find where they’d stashed an empty water bottle that had contained some sort of smelly liquid (cleaning fluid maybe?) and an empty Doritos bag. So I figure, apparently some of the neighborhood kids are sniffing stuff to get high.

I guess this has been happening forever. I knew people in hs who did this sh#t. But it makes me wonder whether it is getting more common among teenagers? That is, sniffing lighter fluid, or gasoline, or cleaning fluid? I can't claim total innocence back in hs. I may have smoke a little dope now and then. But I never sniffed anything. I can’t help but think that sniffing stuff like that is not good for the ole IQ. :lol:

NUance    6,940

I posted this in the UCLA Discussion thread. But I'm so proud I wanted to re-post it:

So my wife comes in the TV room to take my two and a half year old son up to bed just now. He puts his palm out and says, NO! We're watching the game!

That's my boy!

---------------------------------

unrelated edit: Leaf on the Wind: LINK

BigRedBuster    7,314

Why is it that on TV they can use Super Glue to connect two pieces of metal together to hang a guy over the edge of a 112 story sky scraper but when I simply want to glue the sole of my shoe back together it doesn't stay put?

NUance    6,940

Why is it that on TV they can use Super Glue to connect two pieces of metal together to hang a guy over the edge of a 112 story sky scraper but when I simply want to glue the sole of my shoe back together it doesn't stay put?

Chili Dog Nachos

This Shoe Goo stuff is great! Much better than superglue on shoes.

shoe_goo__78275_zoom.jpg

Anybody know anything about Caviar? I know its fish eggs preserved in salt, or something, but is it any good?... I've been thinking about trying it but the prices are unreal... I'm wondering if its crap, but people just say its good because something that costly MUST be good...

knapplc    17,829

I've had both expensive and inexpensive varieties of caviar. I don't like either kind, and I didn't see much difference between the "good stuff" and the mediocre stuff.

I think it's more of a status symbol than anything. Like drinking really pricy wine.

GSG    5,518

I've had both expensive and inexpensive varieties of caviar. I don't like either kind, and I didn't see much difference between the "good stuff" and the mediocre stuff.

I think it's more of a status symbol than anything. Like drinking really pricy wine.

Like Night Train? Cuz it's for ballers only.

carlfense    2,266

Anybody know anything about Caviar? I know its fish eggs preserved in salt, or something, but is it any good?... I've been thinking about trying it but the prices are unreal... I'm wondering if its crap, but people just say its good because something that costly MUST be good...

You can salt the hell out of anchovies and get a similar flavor . . . but not the texture.

I don't like it.

NUance    6,940

Any thoughts on lunch today?

Every day is a good day for Chinese.

Every night too. :thumbs:

VA Husker Fan    378

This past Saturday in the middle of the night I was woken up by voices outside my house. I figure it’s just high school guys, maybe junior high, out toilet papering a house or ringing doorbells. I got dressed, went down and scouted around but they were long gone by the time I got there. The next day I’m mowing the lawn, and low and behold, I find where they’d stashed an empty water bottle that had contained some sort of smelly liquid (cleaning fluid maybe?) and an empty Doritos bag. So I figure, apparently some of the neighborhood kids are sniffing stuff to get high.

I guess this has been happening forever. I knew people in hs who did this sh#t. But it makes me wonder whether it is getting more common among teenagers? That is, sniffing lighter fluid, or gasoline, or cleaning fluid? I can't claim total innocence back in hs. I may have smoke a little dope now and then. But I never sniffed anything. I can’t help but think that sniffing stuff like that is not good for the ole IQ. :lol:

When I lived down in Austin there was a problem with kids huffing freon out of people's A/C units. People wouldn't figure it out until their house wouldn't cool down.

NUance    6,940

When I lived down in Austin there was a problem with kids huffing freon out of people's A/C units. People wouldn't figure it out until their house wouldn't cool down.

Doesn't huffing stuff like that--freon, gasoline, glue, etc.--actually damage your brain? Or is that just propaganda that schools tell kids to keep them off the stuff?

GM_Tood    1,409

Twin Peaks on Talk Like a Pirate Day. Oh yeah...shiver me timbers and grab the booty and treasure chests me mateys!

Doesn't huffing stuff like that--freon, gasoline, glue, etc.--actually damage your brain? Or is that just propaganda that schools tell kids to keep them off the stuff?

I'm pretty sure that's how Tuff Tiger became the man he is today.

GSG    5,518

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

NUance    6,940

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

So do middle aged men. :lol:

/and some women too.

GSG    5,518

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

/and some women too.

We could be like Boondock Saints, minus the killing part. Just go around whooping ass on all the dumb bastards.

NUance    6,940

Kids these days...

Need their asses kicked.

/and some women too.

We could be like Boondock Saints, minus the killing part. Just go around whooping ass on all the dumb bastards.

Yeah, except I was thinking I might be one who deserved to get his ass kicked. Just on general principles. :lol:

Comish    362

Somebody explain to me why a trip via ambulance (basically a truck frame with shocks imported from army tanks) rides so rough it shakes the IV’s our of all your orifices, while a Hearse (transporting a BODY that obviously can’t feel or doesn’t care about the quality of the ride) has the smoothest ride going?

(Been in the former multiple times and hope to postpone the latter for quite a while)

Seems bas-akwards to me…………

NUance    6,940

Somebody explain to me why a trip via ambulance (basically a truck frame with shocks imported from army tanks) rides so rough it shakes the IV’s our of all your orifices, while a Hearse (transporting a BODY that obviously can’t feel or doesn’t care about the quality of the ride) has the smoothest ride going?

(Been in the former multiple times and hope to postpone the latter for quite a while)

Seems bas-akwards to me…………

Maybe because hearses don't top 30mph. If I'm in an ambulance I want it to go a LOT faster than that. :lol:

Twin Peaks on Talk Like a Pirate Day. Oh yeah...shiver me timbers and grab the booty and treasure chests me mateys!

I like Twin Peaks, but the last time I was there, I swear the oldest girl working looked 15! Was really kinda creepy feeling!

On a side note: I found out that the food isn't too bad! :thumbs

PaulCrewe    1,716

Is it worth inviting your banging hot neighbor, with a great rack, over to watch a game at the price of haVing to put up with her douche husband that is loud and has no concept or knowledge of football whatsoever.

NUance    6,940

Is it worth inviting your banging hot neighbor, with a great rack, over to watch a game at the price of haVing to put up with her douche husband that is loud and has no concept or knowledge of football whatsoever.

The solution is Roofies. For him not her.

Rike Miley    1,939

I wanna cum...I mean come..

MLB 51    892

Yes it does. I have seen the effects first hand. We get young kids in our facility once in awhile. That sh#t just eats their brain up, and there is no coming back from the damage.

NUance    6,940

I wonder why we don't legalize marijuana in the U.S.? It seems like more people are in favor of this than against. Is there a reason we don't legalize it--and then tax the hell out of it like cigarettes and booze?

GSG    5,518

I wonder why we don't legalize marijuana in the U.S.? It seems like more people are in favor of this than against. Is there a reason we don't legalize it--and then tax the hell out of it like cigarettes and booze?

reefer.gif

NUance    6,940

I went to check out a BS thread and a politics thread broke out.

Politics is a subset of BS.

GM_Tood    1,409

Hey! Let me ask you, what's your favorite planet? Mine's the sun. Always has been. I like it cause its like the King of Planets.