*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

proscenium /prəˈsēnēəm/ The part of a theater stage in front of the curtain.

Isn't that the stage? :lol:

It is! I was listening to a documentary about space by Neil deGrasse Tyson and he used the word proscenium. I had never heard this word before, so I looked it up. It didn't really make sense in the context that Tyson used it. I think it is one of those words that people use to sound smart. :lol:

Bear Chases and Kills 16-Year-Old Alaska Boy During Mountain Race
By Janice Williams,Newsweek 15 hours ago

Alaska’s 29th annual Robert Spurr Memorial Hill Climb took a turn for the worse Sunday, as one of the mountain run’s competitors, a 16-year-old boy, was killed by a bear during the race, according to Anchorage's KTTU News. The teen’s name has yet to be released, but the Anchorage Police Department said the boy had sent a text to his mother during the race to tell her he was being chased by a bear. LINK

Sad, tragic accident. The article said it was a black bear or a brown bear. I thought it was mostly just grizzlies that killed people.

Not sure. There's a parking lot labeled "Test Track" and several little sports cars sitting in the lot. You can see where they were cutting donuts. Not sure if that's what is meant by the Tweet though. :dunno:

This explains a long standing mystery for me. As a kid I always remember saran wrap being amazing, but at some point it just stopped sticking to stuff! I always figured they just got cheap, so it became crap. I had no idea it was actually for a good reason. Sometime corporations do care about more than making a buck.

http://host.madison.com/business/ceo-explains-why-sc-johnson-made-saran-wrap-less-sticky/article_8987a920-fec9-5567-8b47-3067b3f83ff6.html

The key to Johnsons decision to change Saran Wraps components was a chemical it once contained, polyvinylidene chloride. PVDC was even contained in the packaging.

But, in a bold decision to favor public health and the environment over profits, Johnson chose to eliminate PVDC from Saran Wrap even knowing it would hurt both performance and sales. The reformulated wrap appeared in the market in 2004 and both predictions came true.