*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

My parents live about half mile away. My dad said everything in their house shook and rattled from the explosion. I guess houses within 200 feet were knocked off their foundation. In the Journal Star link below you can here ammo popping off as the debris burns.

***NSFW language at about 1:20***

http://journalstar.com/news/local/911/article_78cecc8c-1076-50b9-aa79-86fa45bff106.html

• Fire 1

BOSTON: MEMBERS OF MIDGET CRIME GANG SUSPECTED OF 55 BREAK-INS

Boston, MA | Three members of the so-called Irish mob midgets, a Boston-based criminal organization composed of people of short stature, have been arrested this morning reports the Boston Chronicle.

Security camera footage show the three suspects during a home break-in in which the intruders entered the house through the pet door.

midget-crime.jpg

• Plus1 1

Sweet.  I've never been recruited before.  But I just got this email.  Off to Greece I'm sure.

Hello,

It is my pleasure to officially announce  Aris Basketball club 2017-18 season.  intake .Aris BC is in division A1 in euro basketball league(EBL)based in Greece,We are  looking for  point guard, Small forward,Power forward and  Center.

Interested players should forward game highlight or film.We are interested to hear from any players who can add to the strength of our Men and Women. The Greek Basketball office will be pleased to assist players and parents with the complexities.Please get back to us We will contact you on receipt.

Regards
Mr Dimitrios Priftis
Team Manager

Okay, so I have an English/grammar question.

My daughter was telling me (and poking fun) about how her English teacher said "well did" when he meant to say well done.

I got to thinking about it and it seems to me there is nothing terribly wrong with "well did" except that it doesn't sound proper.

I did it. I did it well. I did well.... So far so good, right?

Yet if you use done in any of those it's obviously wrong. I done it well. I done well. 

So why can't it be well did, interchangeable with well done?

What rule of english or grammar am I missing here?

On 8/4/2017 at 9:29 AM, knapplc said:

This is my 40,000th post. That's kinda crazy.

I join Mavric as the only two people to have 40K or more posts on this site. Next closest is BIGREDIOWAN at a little under 28,000 posts.

After the board reorganization I lost almost 200 posts.  Here I am at 40,000 again.  Wheeeeeeeeee!!

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, huKSer said:

Teaching high school - unit conversions between English and metric

Me: "Now lets change inches to cm. Let's say I have 10 inches ..."

A girl in class starts to giggle uncontrollably.

Reminds me of my physics teacher in high school teaching us about gravity and using balls as an example.

"Alright, so, let's say my balls weigh 73 newtons..."

I LOL'd.