*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

2 hours ago, GSG said:

It's still crazy to me that we were there the week before. The setup for the venue is pretty much the same and we spent most of the day on the near side in the video.

Hear that.  I was staying at the Cosmo and left Vegas the day of the shooting.  Some of my friends I was there with wanted to stay longer and go to the concert.  Thank god we didn't.

Ethical hacking course

7:00 AM FRI JUN 8, 2018   www.boingboing.net

It might sound counterintuitive, but one of the best ways to bring down a hacker is with another hacker. <snip>  [Y]ou can train to join their ranks with the Certified Ethical Hacker Bootcamp Bundle, available today for $39. LINK

Heh, a course to become a white hat hacker.  Intredasting!  lulz

I knew a guy who did ethical hacking. He hired himself out to businesses as a consultant. He'd contract to hack into their stuff and report on the security flaws they had. 

Either the US Government doesn't employ such ethical hackers or those guys are terrible at hacking.  Or maybe they find flaws & we don't fix them.

Man follows woman to Whole Foods in Highland Park, makes her pay for car repairs she doesn't want

A woman says she was intimidated into giving a man $70 last week after he followed her to a Highland Park grocery store and performed shoddy repairs on her car without her permission.

The woman, a 46-year-old Georgia resident, told police that she had taken her son's car to a gas station on Lemmon Avenue in the Love Field area of Dallas around 3 p.m. Thursday. 

When a man approached her and offered to fix some dents on the car, she declined and drove off, according to a police report. But the man followed her in his black four-door Ford, she told police.

She pulled into the parking lot of a Whole Foods about half a mile away and the man parked next to her. She again declined his offer to repair the car, but the man just started working, she said.

The man drilled into the driver's side of the car, pulled out a dent, filled the holes with putty and also sprayed blue primer on several parts of the car. He then demanded $200 for the work and said that if the woman didn't pay, he'd damage the car, according to the report.

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, huKSer said:

At the high school I teach we have a Cyber Security club - pretty much the same thing

High school kids, huh.  Are you sure they're *white* hats?  

‘Defecating’ school superintendent requests full surveillance video of alleged deed

By Katherine Lam    | Fox News

A lawyer for a New Jersey superintendent accused of defecating daily on a high school football field asked prosecutors to hand over their full surveillance video of the 42-year-old allegedly doing the deed. LINK

The Pooperintendent!  He's got to go! 

• Plus1 3

5a5e31a1ec1ade665b3108b9-750-562.png

Someone started a hate campaign against Millie Bobby Brown

of Stranger Things and it’s filled with horrible tweets
#TakeDownMillieBobbyBrown? 

Quote from a #TakeDownMillieBobbyBrown Tweet:  

• Last week at ToysRUs, I was playing with the new hijabi barbie when Millie walked towards me, took the doll and slapped me across the face with it. She proceeded to throw bacon at me screaming "go back to islam". Now, I'm diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety #TakeDownMillieBobbyBrown

LINK 

Probably some disgruntled fan who didn't get an autograph.  People are assholes.  

OTOH, it's intredasting that Millie Bobby Brown has her own anti cyber bullying Twitter account.  Related?  :shrug:

• Plus1 1

4D330A5000000578-0-image-a-39_1528923775

Teen gets head stuck in truck's exhaust pipe, then she's cited for underage drinking, of course

By Hope Schreiber,Yahoo Lifestyle Wed, Jun 13 5:36 PM CDT 

A 19-year-old woman got her head stuck inside a truck’s exhaust pipe at a country music festival. (Photo: Truck Rice via Facebook)  LINK

She always wanted to be famous.  Now she is.  

• Plus1 1

Two-truck-crash-leaves-Arkansas-highway-

Fireball Whisky covers an Arkansas highway after two big rigs collide

By DANIELLE GARRAND CBS NEWS June 15, 2018, 1:33 AM

An Arkansas highway was blocked Thursday after a crash left an entire shipment of small bottles of Fireball Whisky on the pavement.  LINK

Best crash evar according to local hillbillies! 

I wonder what percentage of those little bottles made it to the landfill?    

• Plus1 1