*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Pulled into the parking lot at my girlfriend's apartment complex on Friday. I'm getting my bag out of my car and start walking toward her apartment. This guy who had been getting his mail, pulls up next to me and rolls down his window. "What part of Nebraska are you from?" I don't even have Nebraska plates anymore, just Husker license plate frames. We talk for a bit about the game last week, the Southern Miss game, and UCLA. Pretty cool dude.

Later that evening, we went to the store to get some stuff to make dinner, and we see another guy walking around with Husker shirt on. My girlfriend kinda rolls her eyes (she's from Michigan and an MSU fan). She doesn't get the Husker Nation thing yet. (I'm taking her to the UCLA game though).

Saturday comes, and we run some errands and whatnot. Go to the local "Husker bar" in town. It's called The Fowl Line. The owner is a huge Husker fan. The walls were covered in the Husker stuff (signed Tommie Frazier jersey having it's own large display). Everyone in the bar is wearing Husker gear. I believe Mike Moudy's entire family was there. There were a couple table of people all wearing Moudy jerseys.

Good time though. Glad I have a place to watch the games down there.

60% of the time, it works every time.

http://www.thrillist...ther?ir=welcome

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B001LNG4YG

http://www.sex-panther.com/

Sex Panther Cologne is the most awesome cologne ever made in the history of the entire world. Scientifically engineered from space age petroleum distillates and animal byproducts, 60% of the time, it works every time. Unleash your inner animal!

Unleash your inner animal!

Sex Panther Cologne lures you in with clean and refreshing top notes of juniper and fresh air accord while the heart contains lavender and sensual musk. As the cologne evolves it turns warmer as it envelopes you with masculine notes of cedarwood and sandalwood.

Notes: Fresh Air Accord, Juniper, Lavender, Sensual Musk, Cedarwood, Sandalwood

Style: Fun. Masculine. Animalistic

http://shop.trufragrance.com/index.php/fragrances/novelty/sex-panther-1-7-oz-cologne-spray.html

I bought something from Amazon and only found out when the package was shipped that the seller was an Asian company out of Hong Kong. It's coming from overseas, of course, and won't arrive until mid-October at the earliest.

No way would I have bought this stuff from an overseas company, no matter the cost. They should be more up-front about that. Feels like I was lied to.

I bought something from Amazon and only found out when the package was shipped that the seller was an Asian company out of Hong Kong. It's coming from overseas, of course, and won't arrive until mid-October at the earliest.

No way would I have bought this stuff from an overseas company, no matter the cost. They should be more up-front about that. Feels like I was lied to.

What did you buy?

What did you buy?

Two three-packs of tablet styluses.

Cost plus shipping was like $4. The reviews were mixed but I figured I could get at least one of the six to work for me, and that's a decent deal. None of the reviews I read said they shipped from China, and that's on me (because some do say that) but for some cheap styluses I wasn't going to do a ton of reading/research.

So yeah, that's on me, but that doesn't absolve Amazon from basically hiding the fact that they're actively seeking suppliers from China and SE Asia.

Had a rather disturbing event with a non-typical reaction on my part this morning while driving to work. I'm heading south on a main arterial street, in the RH lane of two lanes. There is semi tractor/trailer also travelling south in the LH lane. I'm doing the speed limit and the truck was going about 10-15 mph slower than me. It's an industrial park area so I am anticipating this truck driver will continue slowing and be turning left fairly soon. Well dickweed turns right, from the left lane, without signaling and apparently without checking his right mirror because I am about half a vehicle length ahead of his rear wheels. I jam on my brakes and his right rear wheels miss me by inches. Half a second later and I woulda been toast. Now the interesting part- I freakin snap. I follow him around the corner, pass him, and edge him over to the left curb stopping in front of him. I need to mention, I'm not delusional, I don't think I'm a tough guy but it did cross my mind that often times truck drivers are big rough guys. I didn't care. I fully expected he would take exception to how I stopped him and we'd be going at it. Well he rolls down his window and I'm just screaming and swearing at him, telling him to use his f'ing turn signal and mirrors and quit driving like a f'ing idiot. Luckily he nodded in agreement, looked like he knew he did something wrong, and kept saying yeah to everything I was telling him. So I get back in my vehicle and go to work still overloaded with adrenaline. WTF is that all about? Justified road rage? IdK but I do know I had absolutely no control over my actions. Pretty crazy.

Had a rather disturbing event with a non-typical reaction on my part this morning while driving to work. I'm heading south on a main arterial street, in the RH lane of two lanes. There is semi tractor/trailer also travelling south in the LH lane. I'm doing the speed limit and the truck was going about 10-15 mph slower than me. It's an industrial park area so I am anticipating this truck driver will continue slowing and be turning left fairly soon. Well dickweed turns right, from the left lane, without signaling and apparently without checking his right mirror because I am about half a vehicle length ahead of his rear wheels. I jam on my brakes and his right rear wheels miss me by inches. Half a second later and I woulda been toast. Now the interesting part- I freakin snap. I follow him around the corner, pass him, and edge him over to the left curb stopping in front of him. I need to mention, I'm not delusional, I don't think I'm a tough guy but it did cross my mind that often times truck drivers are big rough guys. I didn't care. I fully expected he would take exception to how I stopped him and we'd be going at it. Well he rolls down his window and I'm just screaming and swearing at him, telling him to use his f'ing turn signal and mirrors and quit driving like a f'ing idiot. Luckily he nodded in agreement, looked like he knew he did something wrong, and kept saying yeah to everything I was telling him. So I get back in my vehicle and go to work still overloaded with adrenaline. WTF is that all about? Justified road rage? IdK but I do know I had absolutely no control over my actions. Pretty crazy.

i am just glad the trucker was able to acknowledge his mistake, instead of getting psychotically defensive.

a guy once challenged me to a fight when i was on my way to my uncle's funeral. i was following him on an exit and he kept going slower and slower, like ridiculously slow. as we approached the light and was about to stop i was following closely to read his bumper stickers, but there was still a safe distance and we were not going very fast. when we got to the stoplight he wanted to fight me. i told him i did not have time.

watch out for people with bumper stickers. they see their cars as extensions of themselves and take driving more personal.