*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Alabama public schools in the news again.

Alabama Elementary School to Parents: We Want to Hit Your Kids

"According to Leeds City Schools Public Policy, parents or legal guardians who do not want corporal punishment to be administered to their child/children must inform the principal of the school on an annual basis."

The document also states that if parents fail to fill it out and hand it back to administrators, the elementary school will regard that as implicit consent to administer physical discipline. But as for what that entails exactly, and what infractions would warrant that discipline, the paper doesn't specify.

Chandler explained to The Huffington Post that she originally thought the form had to have been some sort of mistake. But realizing that her daughter's new school was serious about hitting students, she ticked off the "No" box and wrote this response at the bottom of the form:

"I can not imagine how it would ever be okay to show violence towards anyone. Hitting a child is beyond disgraceful. Anyone who could hit a child should be thrown in jail."

"According to Leeds City Schools Public Policy, parents or legal guardians who do not want corporal punishment to be administered to their child/children must inform the principal of the school on an annual basis."

The document also states that if parents fail to fill it out and hand it back to administrators, the elementary school will regard that as implicit consent to administer physical discipline. But as for what that entails exactly, and what infractions would warrant that discipline, the paper doesn't specify.

Chandler explained to The Huffington Post that she originally thought the form had to have been some sort of mistake. But realizing that her daughter's new school was serious about hitting students, she ticked off the "No" box and wrote this response at the bottom of the form:

"I can not imagine how it would ever be okay to show violence towards anyone. Hitting a child is beyond disgraceful. Anyone who could hit a child should be thrown in jail."

Alabama. Leading the nation in college football and child beating. Murica! :lol:

It is very much the norm there. I went to elementary and middle school in Alabama and it was very commonplace. I was in an altercation with another student one time. We were sent to the Principal and our parents were called. The principal told my mother that if I didn't watch my step moving forward that I would be given the strap.

My mother looked at him and asked if he was serious. he said yes. My mother told him that if a beating were to occur, that she would be the one to administer it and if he even tried to lay a hand on me, there wasn't enough desk between her and him to protect him. He was stunned. All he said was that he understood and have a nice day.

New California youth football mercy rule inflames parental passions, but not in the way you think

As reported by Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA, the Northern California Federation Youth Football League (NCFYFL) instituted stiff new penalties for any teams that beat opponents by 35 points or more. Specifically, those teams will be fined $200 and their coaches will be suspended from all league activities for two weeks. The penalty is a drastic change for the league of 7-13 year-olds, which previously issued teams with a warning following such blowouts and required a written description that detailed what the victorious team had done to try and keep scores low.

Anyone tried these?

http://www.oddkavodka.com/

I bought a little shooter of the Salted Caramel Popcorn. It was ok for a little shot.

They also have Original, Apple Pie, Wasabi, Fresh Cut Grass, and Electricity.

Okay, I can see where Apple Pie might be good. But Wasabi? Fresh Cut Grass?? And what does Electricity even taste like? :lol: