Tommy Armstrong

thats very bold to say since T-Mart has turned into a legit dual threat qb who is probably going to own just about every Nebraska Qb record when he leaves, I think Armstrong will be good, but I also think when we look back in 10 years and compare him to T-Mart we will see that Armstrong will have had a better more talented team around him at the start then T-Mart had.

• Fire 3

Go ahead and pile on if I'm just being an idiot, but what happened to Tommy Armstrong? Did he redshirt? Is he injured? Is he in jail somewhere? Is Bo angry with him? I thought it was a neck and neck tie for him and Kellogg III to be the number 2 and that he was pushing Taylor Martinez for the start?

Did someone put a mickey in my Kool-aide? What am I missing here?

He was never pushing Martinez for the start.

I like Martinez, but I love Armstrong. Can't miss baller...Stanton doesn't hang with this kid.

Probably not with one leg, no.

Ha either way Armstrong will be our best QB since Crouch (bold I know).

I hope you are right big ern. I watched the kid live last year a few games and Yes I know he threw only one interception, but I am still holding back on Tony Armstrong.

No worries about Mr. Stanton. If he comes in and competes hard in rehab and the weight room, he will be right where he needs to be going into the fall of 2012, and then another year of work before battling against Mr. Armstrong for the starting nod.

Competition is good. And ACLs heal a lot better/faster than they used to heal.

Also not ruling the possibility that we recruit some absolute STUD in the 2014 recruiting class that ends up beating out both those guys.

Here's my take on Tommy: He needs to look at the sheer amount of work Taylor has put into getting to where he's at now. A three year starter can only improve, that much is obvious. But he has worked really, really hard to improve his game.

If Tommy works that hard, combining that with what we've seen of his high school film could add up to him being a star.

In the meantime, it's going to be an awesome build up for us offensively with a senior Taylor next year. With Abdullah, Heard, Cross, Bell, Enumwa, Westerkamp...if our line holds up and just improves bit by bit, no doubt the best offense in the B1G.